Happy Mario Day
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:46:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Happy Mario Day
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Mario Day  (Read 474 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2022, 02:11:04 AM »

God help us all.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 05:37:16 AM »

Movie trailer for the Chris Pratt and Anya Taylor-Joy Mario movie coming out at Christmas drops today. Hopefully it's good, I'm expecting it to be garbage.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 05:52:06 AM »

Movie trailer for the Chris Pratt and Anya Taylor-Joy Mario movie coming out at Christmas drops today. Hopefully it's good, I'm expecting it to be garbage.

Bowser and Mario are horribly miscast, and they cast Princess Peach too young with Anya Taylor Joy.

If Chris Pratt and Jack Black both of whom are 40+ (Pratt is 43, Black is 53) are voicing Mario and Bowser, than Peach should voiced by someone of a similar age. (Marisa Tomei, while stretching credibility works for me, especially Mario's game voice actor, Charles Martinet isn't reprising the part, and that means no Italian accent for Mario).

I do hope the end credits scene teases another Nintendo game movie. I really would love to see a Legend of Zelda movie someday.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 06:09:28 AM »

Bowser and Mario are horribly miscast, and they cast Princess Peach too young with Anya Taylor Joy.

If Chris Pratt and Jack Black both of whom are 40+ (Pratt is 43, Black is 53) are voicing Mario and Bowser, than Peach should voiced by someone of a similar age. (Marisa Tomei, while stretching credibility works for me, especially Mario's game voice actor

Voices don't always sound age-specific.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 08:00:38 AM »

Everyone knows Mario is cool as . But who knows what he’s thinking? Who knows why he crushes turtles? And why do we think of him as fondly as we think of the mythical (nonexistent?) Dr. Pepper? Perchance.
I believe it was Kant who said “Experience without theory is blind but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.” Mario exhibits experience by crushing turts all day, but he exhibits theory by stating “let’s a go! Keep it up baby!”
When Mario leaves his place of safety to stomp a turty he knows that he may Die. And yet for a man who can Purchase lives with money, a life becomes a mere store of value. A tax that can be paid for, much as a rich man feels any law with a fine is a price. We think of Mario as a hero, but he is simply a one percenter of a more privileged variety. The lifekind. Perchance.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 10:15:33 AM »

Everyone knows Mario is cool as . But who knows what he’s thinking? Who knows why he crushes turtles? And why do we think of him as fondly as we think of the mythical (nonexistent?) Dr. Pepper? Perchance.
I believe it was Kant who said “Experience without theory is blind but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.” Mario exhibits experience by crushing turts all day, but he exhibits theory by stating “let’s a go! Keep it up baby!”
When Mario leaves his place of safety to stomp a turty he knows that he may Die. And yet for a man who can Purchase lives with money, a life becomes a mere store of value. A tax that can be paid for, much as a rich man feels any law with a fine is a price. We think of Mario as a hero, but he is simply a one percenter of a more privileged variety. The lifekind. Perchance.

You can't just write Perchance
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 05:37:11 PM »

Update: Mario movie is April, not Christmas. I didn't see that it was delayed.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 05:53:58 PM »

Looks like cr@p...
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 09:29:35 PM »

Watched the trailer, and I might have to revise my opinion of Jack Black as Bowser. He's nailing it.

Chris Pratt makes a horrible Mario, though.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 10:54:48 PM »

It's not March 10th. Wink
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2022, 11:18:27 AM »

Chris Pratt voicing Mario is anti-Italianx discrimination.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 06:28:23 PM »

Watched the second trailer, and damn, Anna Taylor-Joy is Amazing as Princess Peach. She's also a badass too, which she's really never been in any game (except maybe Super Princess Peach).

Honestly, the way Peach is portrayed here leaves me looking forward to a future Legend of Zelda movie and how they might portray Princess Zelda.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022, 06:25:48 PM »

Watched the second trailer, and damn, Anna Taylor-Joy is Amazing as Princess Peach. She's also a badass too, which she's really never been in any game (except maybe Super Princess Peach).

Honestly, the way Peach is portrayed here leaves me looking forward to a future Legend of Zelda movie and how they might portray Princess Zelda.

But what of Ganondorf then?

But yeah, methinks this could be up there with Sonic and Tomb Raider [either Vykander or Angelina Jolie] for "video game movie that doesn't suck".

They actually got the Rainbow Road!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2022, 10:45:44 PM »

But what of Ganondorf then?

Well, from the trailers I'm seeing, Bowser is being portrayed very in-character, if not slightly more intimidating than usual, so Ganandorf (assuming they don't go with Vaati or Majora or some other villain...Majora in particular would be fun to have on screen) would hopefully be done the same way.
BloJo94
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 08:15:15 PM »

Mario Day is March 10

MAR10
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2022, 11:46:04 AM »

So like how Star Wars Day is May 4th (May the Fourth be with you)?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies