Agree or disagree: most women and men who aren't overweight/obese nor underage are hot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:11:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Agree or disagree: most women and men who aren't overweight/obese nor underage are hot?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Agree

Disagree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Agree or disagree: most women and men who aren't overweight/obese nor underage are hot?  (Read 761 times)
Mr. Ukucasha
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2022, 07:45:41 PM »

My standards are incredibly low. IMO, almost all women and most men who aren't overweight or obese nor underage are hot. Assuming the individual is of a healthy weight, their face would have to be utterly hideous for me to not consider them hot. Do you agree?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 08:00:37 PM »

disagree, my wife is the only person i find attractive

every1 else is ugly
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 08:03:51 PM »

"Individual Politics."
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 08:18:24 PM »

People talk about a 1-10 scale.  In reality, it's a binary. 
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 08:19:35 PM »

Nah. There's normal hot and then there's can't-stop-thinking-about-them-for-weeks hot.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 08:35:48 PM »

Nah. There's normal hot and then there's can't-stop-thinking-about-them-for-weeks hot.

The only salient question is whether or not you’d have sex with them.  Anything beyond that is superfluous
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 08:38:36 PM »

The only salient question is whether or not you’d have sex with them.  Anything beyond that is superfluous

Dumb. There's plenty of women I'd sex with who I don't even find "hot."
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 08:49:20 PM »

Then you’re only fooling yourself.  If you’d have sex with someone, what else is there to consider?  If you’re fawning over “hot” girls while settling for much less, then all you’re doing is really falling for the script of who society tells you is sexy/desirable.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 08:58:52 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2022, 09:04:51 PM by Alben Barkley »

People talk about a 1-10 scale.  In reality, it's a binary.  

The only salient question is whether or not you’d have sex with them.  Anything beyond that is superfluous

Then you’re only fooling yourself.  If you’d have sex with someone, what else is there to consider?  If you’re fawning over “hot” girls while settling for much less, then all you’re doing is really falling for the script of who society tells you is sexy/desirable.

It's not "society" telling me that. It's my dick. Which would rather "settle" than get nothing, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't prefer something even better!

I think they covered this well in The Office, actually, when Kevin said he would have sex with Hillary Swank, but that does NOT mean she is hot! Two totally separate concepts as far as I'm concerned. And I've had sex with women who have been upfront in telling me they don't find me "hot," but "attractive." So I know this is true for them too. Probably moreso actually, as they seem to find a wider range of men attractive than men do women. How else do you explain them fawning over the likes of Robert Pattinson and Chris Hemsworth alike?

I do wonder if perhaps it's different for gay men? No offense, but maybe for you these concepts are not as delineated for whatever reason. Then again I think Cody is gay as well and he seems to get it.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 09:24:08 PM »

It's not "society" telling me that. It's my dick.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2022, 09:27:06 PM »

I WAS IN THE POOL!!!
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 10:50:07 PM »

Then you’re only fooling yourself.  If you’d have sex with someone, what else is there to consider?  If you’re fawning over “hot” girls while settling for much less, then all you’re doing is really falling for the script of who society tells you is sexy/desirable.

It's not "society" telling me that. It's my dick. Which would rather "settle" than get nothing, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't prefer something even better!

This is an unfathomably sad way to live.  Cut yourself loose from social expectations about what you should be chasing (i.e., conventionally attractive girls) and learn to be happy with the one you're with.  Beauty is only skin deep.

And I've had sex with women who have been upfront in telling me they don't find me "hot," but "attractive." So I know this is true for them too. Probably moreso actually, as they seem to find a wider range of men attractive than men do women. How else do you explain them fawning over the likes of Robert Pattinson and Chris Hemsworth alike?

Straight women find a wider array of men attractive because there are more socially acceptable ways for men to be desired (i.e., intelligence, money, looks, etc.) than for women to be desired (only looks!)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2022, 11:01:19 PM »

The only salient question is whether or not you’d have sex with them.  Anything beyond that is superfluous

Then you’re only fooling yourself.  If you’d have sex with someone, what else is there to consider?  If you’re fawning over “hot” girls while settling for much less, then all you’re doing is really falling for the script of who society tells you is sexy/desirable.

This is an unfathomably sad way to live.  Cut yourself loose from social expectations about what you should be chasing (i.e., conventionally attractive girls) and learn to be happy with the one you're with.  Beauty is only skin deep.

And I've had sex with women who have been upfront in telling me they don't find me "hot," but "attractive." So I know this is true for them too. Probably moreso actually, as they seem to find a wider range of men attractive than men do women. How else do you explain them fawning over the likes of Robert Pattinson and Chris Hemsworth alike?

Straight women find a wider array of men attractive because there are more socially acceptable ways for men to be desired (i.e., intelligence, money, looks, etc.) than for women to be desired (only looks!)

On your first point: I have been monogamous with one woman for the better part of a year. I find her "hot" and don't think I'm influenced one way or another by "society" in that, at least not in any conscious way. I just do. And I'm plenty happy with her, and agree that beauty is only skin deep. I don't see what the hell is so "unfathomably sad" about this. It can be true that I am lucky enough to be in love with a woman I find very attractive AND that in the past or in hypothetical situations, I can see how I would "settle" for women I find less attractive than super "hot" supermodels or something.

That doesn't mean I see them as lesser women or lesser human beings. It just means that I draw a distinction between "hotness" as a concept and, quite frankly, "f--kable." It may be crude and animalistic, but I think you can find a woman sufficiently attractive to want to have sex with without thinking she's in the same company as the "hottest" women. She may well far surpass them in other qualities! But the "skin deep" parts are nonetheless there and can't totally be ignored. Honestly this is all starting to feel like semantics to me, a debate about what "hot" means exactly. I don't see it as a synonym for "attractive" or "f--kable." I see it as another concept entirely. Again, your mileage may vary.

As for your second point, I totally agree! I probably would be a virgin if not for my sense of humor and intelligence, and don't think I don't know it! I'm just saying I think that makes it even more true that for women, and perhaps even some gay men, the stereotypical "hot guy" is not necessarily their most desirable guy. And thank god for it!
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 01:02:16 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 01:12:34 AM by Aurelius »

This is an unfathomably sad way to live.  Cut yourself loose from social expectations about what you should be chasing (i.e., conventionally attractive girls) and learn to be happy with the one you're with.  Beauty is only skin deep.

For me, it's looks (although confidence can help a bit). Looks aren't a sufficient condition alone, but they're necessary. Call me shallow, I don't care.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies