How do Brazilian Americans vote, given they voted 55-31 for Bolsonaro?

<< < (2/2)

Progressive Pessimist:
I only know one Brazilian and immigrated here as a kid with his family. I don't know if he or his family vote in Brazilian elections but he despises Bolsonaro, and has few kind words for Lula too. He perceives Brazil's entire politics as corrupt and beyond repair. So I don't know how he'd vote.

I should also not that he's gay, so that certainly factors into things. I have no idea how the rest of his family votes. I don't think he even talks to them since he came out.

Schiff for Senate:
Quote from: Mr. Ukucasha on October 03, 2022, 12:49:47 AM

From what I've heard, a lot of Brazilian Americans love Bolsonaro but vote for Democrats, including Hillary and Biden, in America. Sort of like how many Indian-Americans love Modi and the BJP but vote for Democrats in America, including Hillary and Biden. They love nationalism in their home countries, but are far more negative towards it in a country where they are immigrants and in the minority.

I can absolutely see many people thinking that way. Rules for thee, but not for me.

Adam Griffin:
Anybody know what the 2018 Brazilian presidential election first-round vote was in the US? For some reason, I thought it was closer to 70-30 in the two-way model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page