If Joe Biden is re-elected in 2024 does he serve out his full second term?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:59:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Joe Biden is re-elected in 2024 does he serve out his full second term?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Joe Biden is re-elected in 2024 does he serve out his full second term?  (Read 778 times)
Medal506
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2022, 07:23:10 AM »

I think it’s possible given that human life expectancy has expanded.

What is everyone else’s thoughts? If Biden wins re election will he serve his full second term and would you want him to?
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 07:52:43 AM »

Biden’s healthy. Yes.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 09:43:04 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2022, 09:50:10 AM by °°°°uu »

By October of 2024*, we will know who the candidates are.
If for any reason, Biden doesn't serve a full eight years, Harris will be POTUS.
She will likely be a candidate if Biden does serve eight years.
She could serve more than eight years if she becomes POTUS after January '26.

To answer the op, yes I think Biden would serve eight years.

" By 10/24 I expect there will be a 2028 board where different scenarios like the op will be introduced.
(possibly it would be in November rather than October)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 11:03:45 AM »

I doubt it.  Which is why I fully expect Vice-President Kamala Harris will become our first woman President if only as she serves out the remainder of his final term. 
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 01:53:36 PM »

Probably.  It’s possible that anyone could die at any time, but I doubt Biden will before his administration is over.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 01:55:06 PM »

I think he makes a decision based on the midterms. Who wants to be that old AND a lame duck two years in? Then again, he probably wins back the House if he win in 2024.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 03:04:37 PM »

If I remember correctly, an individual "examination" of his life expectancy during the last campaign was 96 years (was 88 for Trump). All the factors known like his health records, age of his parents, absence from alcohol and smoking, normal weight and best medical treatment this seems fair. Of course that's just an average estimation and advanced age brings certain risks, it's still more likely than not.

So possibly Biden at least lives for another decade after finishing his second term. He'd still enjoy a longer retirement than Lyndon Johnson and Dwight Eisenhower then, although he was already older than the former at the time of his death when [Biden] became vice president all the way back in 2009.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 03:20:36 PM »

If I remember correctly, an individual "examination" of his life expectancy during the last campaign was 96 years (was 88 for Trump). All the factors known like his health records, age of his parents, absence from alcohol and smoking, normal weight and best medical treatment this seems fair. Of course that's just an average estimation and advanced age brings certain risks, it's still more likely than not.

So possibly Biden at least lives for another decade after finishing his second term. He'd still enjoy a longer retirement than Lyndon Johnson and Dwight Eisenhower then, although he was already older than the former at the time of his death when [Biden] became vice president all the way back in 2009.

Eight years (should he even make it that far) in office would cut down a good deal on President Biden's life expectancy given the nature of his job, especially given he was elected at such an advanced age.  
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 11:58:48 AM »

Eight years (should he even make it that far) in office would cut down a good deal on President Biden's life expectancy given the nature of his job, especially given he was elected at such an advanced age.  

Eh, his body is probably used to the stress by now, 8 years of being VP and 37 years in The Senate ain't nothing
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 01:39:55 PM »

Eh, his body is probably used to the stress by now, 8 years of being VP and 37 years in The Senate ain't nothing

He may also be inclined to live more healthy while being president.

I know it's a common assumption that Lyndon Johnson would have died in his term had he won another one in 1968 since he passed away just two days after Nixon's second inauguration, however, I'm actually thinking the opposite. Although that may not be directly comparable to Biden, Johnson resumed smoking and a lifestyle war less healthy just after leaving office because he thought it was "his time now".
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »

As long as he is healthy, yes. Just like it was never a question of whether he would run for re-election if his health allows it.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 09:03:38 PM »

I doubt it.  Which is why I fully expect Vice-President Kamala Harris will become our first woman President if only as she serves out the remainder of his final term. 

Agreed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies