How will Jane Gloriana Villanueva vote in the 2022 midterm election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:00:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How will Jane Gloriana Villanueva vote in the 2022 midterm election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Jane's 2022 midterm ballot
Crist [D] - Demings [D] - Taddeo [D]

Crist [D] - Demings [D] - Salazar [R]

Crist [D] - Rubio [R] - Taddeo [D]

Crist [D] - Rubio [R] - Salazar [R]

DeSantis [R] - Demings [D] - Taddeo [D]

DeSantis [R] - Demings [D] - Salazar [R]

DeSantis [R] - Rubio [R] - Taddeo [D]

DeSantis [R] - Rubio [R] - Salazar [R]

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: How will Jane Gloriana Villanueva vote in the 2022 midterm election?  (Read 482 times)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2022, 03:19:45 AM »
« edited: October 02, 2022, 03:39:31 AM by Kamala’s side hoe »

Tried to avoid spoilers beyond what can reasonably be inferred by the general timeline of the series. Wasn't going to go full BRTD and binge Seasons 4 and 5 before making this thread, but I know how the show ends. The Leipverse's collective interest in the political demography of South Florida definitely motivated me to keep watching.

Hometown: Doral, FL

Current location: South Miami, FL

Race/ethnicity: Latina/Venezuelan

Religion: Devout Roman Catholic

Sexual orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Married; husband is (non-Hispanic) white. Has a 5-6 year old son conceived through artificial insemination, whose biological father is NHW

Education: Postgraduate degree (Masters in Creative Writing)

Occupation: Former hotel waitress, former teacher, one-time ghostwriter, published author

Other:
  • Raised by her single mother and immigrant grandparents (who were undocumented at some point).
  • Her biological father is a well-known telenovela star.
  • She was influenced by her grandmother to save herself for marriage, which she followed through on.
  • Her maternal grandmother became a naturalized US citizen during the first 100 days of the OTL Biden administration.

BONUS: how does she (and other Jane the Virgin characters) vote in 2020? For simplicity's sake I'm assuming she's registered to vote in both the old and new FL-27.

DEI/representation blurb: Jane Villanueva, her mother, and both of her biological grandmothers are all portrayed by actresses of Puerto Rican ancestry. Her biological father is portrayed by a Mexican telenovela actor who voiced Miguel's dad in Coco. Her best friend is portrayed by the voice of Isabela Madrigal in Encanto. Her rival primary love interests are portrayed by Non-Hispanic White actors, although most if not all of the other romantic interests in the show are portrayed by Hispanic actors.

Spoiler alert: show scenes

2020: Daddy tells Don to mask the f[inks] up

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Part 1: Actual Good Girl College Liberal (from the perspective of your stereotypical Atlas poster)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 07:38:28 PM »

4 people voted in my poll- 1 S, 1 I, 1 C, 1 O.
3 votes for a Straight D ticket (presumably from posters who’ve actually seen the show).
1 vote for Taddeo - Marco Pequeño - Ronny D.

LOL at all the red avatars from Midwestern and Northeastern dumps coping by spamming the Bugs Bunny Florida GIF

"How dare this growing, diverse state not vote for us?"

Nothing takes away our appeal as one of the most popular states in the country that is one of the best states to live in

People on Atlas think your state votes the wrong way, so all of the nice things about it are invalid. Don't worry too much about the takes of political nerds.

My opinion of Florida expressed through song/cover recs

(For the Fuzzy Bears and retirees)

Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 12:06:49 AM »

2018 The Economist would've said Taddeo-Demings-Crist

Jane Gloriana Villanueva from Jane the Virgin:

• Season 1 start (<30, unmarried, no kids, almost done with her bachelors): 67% D if her grandma's house is in Miami proper, 55% D if in the northern Miami-Dade suburbs.
  • Season 2 (<30, unmarried, has kids, currently in grad school): 70% D or 57% D
  • End of 2016 (<30, married, has kids, currently in grad school): 62% D or 52% R
  • Immediately post-time skip: (<30, probably done with grad school?): 72% D, 59% D, 78% D, or 67% D depending on how you interpret the categories
  • Present-day (I know how the show ends, so 30-44, postgrad): 71% D or 58% D if personal income has gone up, otherwise 75% D or 62% D
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies