Chinese dating scam (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:02:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Chinese dating scam (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chinese dating scam  (Read 371 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 30, 2022, 06:27:16 PM »

sounds like a regular old scam to me, what makes this any different than the Nigerian Prince or the phone call to old people that goes "grandma!, it's your grandson and I'm in trouble out of town, can you wire me some money?"?  And it's not THAT different from the "your car's about to go out of warranty!"

Don't give money to people online unless YOU set up the deal.  Period.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 11:06:18 PM »

And it's not THAT different from the "your car's about to go out of warranty!"

I get these phone calls (or stuff about Medicare benefits) at least twice a week, despite not having a car or being on Medicare. I say everything short of something that could potentially get me in legal trouble. On occasion I'll tell them I represent a law firm and am recording the phonecall for investigation/lawsuit, and when I'm feeling less patient I'll straight up shout at them and tell them to blacklist my f#cking number - occasionally including an empty legal threat as well.
In my experience, the more someone answers the phone to bogus calls, the more bogus calls they get.  Stop answering the phone when unrecognized calls come in.  If it's a real call and it's important, they'll leave a message.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies