Are you more liberal or conservative than your parents?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Dr. MB:
further left but less generic. Agree with mom on a solid amount more than dad.

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon:
On Economic Issues: More or less the same.

On Social Issues: Depends

Guns - We're all in favor of Gun Control but my Dad would probably write the most restrictive laws.

Death Penalty - I favor it for all first-degree murder cases, my parents would probably go with life in prison if it's not a mass shooting.

Abortion - I'm pro-life. My Dad is mixed-choice (he wants a 20 week ban, but definitely supports abortion before then). My Mom is solidly pro-choice.

Law and Order - Mom and I are solidly against defunding the Police. However, she's likely voting Ellison and I likely will vote for his opponent. My Dad doesn't have a strong position on it to my knowledge. We'd all likely vote for a path to citizenship bill coupled with security funding on Immigration.

LGBT Issues - About the same, at least from a standard of what we would actually have the government implement. They don't necessarily share my personal opposition to homosexuality.

Wokeness - Not sure what this means. None of us are a fan of being "politically correct" if that's the implication here.

Importance of Religion in Society - They consider it less important than I do.

Statilius the Epicurean:
My parents are former Trots who mellowed with age and I don't talk to them about politics all that much, so it's difficult to say. But probably around similar.

TransfemmeGoreVidal:
Quite similar. I’m slightly to their left on some issues but slightly to the right on a couple others so it evens out.

Hope For A New Era:
To the left of them on basically every issue, often by a lot. My siblings are as well. We're odd ones out in the family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page