Do you believe in the existence of the hell?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:15:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do you believe in the existence of the hell?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do you believe in the existence of the hell?
No

Yes, for all the deads

Yes, for all the bad people

Yes, for all the people who don't follow the correct religion

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Do you believe in the existence of the hell?  (Read 3516 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2022, 04:45:55 PM »

What do you think about the hell?

Do you think the hell exists?

It's only a place of the deads, like the pagans say?

Or a place of punishment, like monotheistic relgions say?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 06:47:38 PM »

Yes, for everyone and everything that ever lived without exception.

it may not be exactly like a lot of religions envision it, it's probably much worse. endless and ever-increasing pain for all of eternity.

the theory i think is most likely is that extradimensional demons feast on ur suffering for all of eternity, they have put an energy field around the earth that prevents ur soul from escaping. this is y it is important for humans to get to mars and become one with the martians to possibly escape eternal torment.

but it may encompass the entire universe. which is why CERN is the greatest force for good ever created if the conspiracy theory that they are trying to move us into other dimensions is true.

god is dead but the demons that rule our world and possibly our whole universe aren't and they never will be.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 07:15:21 PM »

There is no afterlife. Unlike many, I find comfort in this.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 05:41:18 AM »

There is no afterlife. Unlike many, I find comfort in this.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 09:45:50 AM »

TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 03:14:57 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2022, 04:03:44 PM by TPIG »

I absolutely do. Nobody refers to hell more in scripture than Jesus himself, and as a Christian, I have to accept that teaching.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 03:58:58 PM »

Kinda-sorta-yes but not in the fire-and-brimstone sense of the word and I tend to believe (and hope!) that the number of people who get there is very, very small. I also believe that reconciliation becomes available when those, unblinded by the deceptions of materialistic and worldly things, come face-to-face with truth. Otherwise, I subscribe to annihilationism. It simply makes no sense for God to allow souls to continue existing consciously when there is no hope or chance at redemption, let alone subject people to eternal torment.

Still, I don't believe my understanding is sufficient to quite justify a yes vote, so I voted no.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 09:45:38 PM »

No (or heaven).

But in school I was taught it's a state of being without god, not fire and brimstone.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 12:57:48 PM »

Between 3 and 4. I’ll go with 3. God wouldn’t create humanity and only he knows who else for them all to burn because they haven’t heard the Gospel in the correct way. God reaches us and generally we must accept Him when He truly finds us, however that way is.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2022, 11:14:58 PM »

Option #4 and #3 both, we were put on this Earth to worship God,
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 06:39:47 AM »

Lol these are theories not mythology, Buddhism always state that Heaven and Hell are states of minds rather than physical place because if you are rich you are in Heaven if you are poor you are in hell but it's the way you live in each social class that determines if you stay in those states of minds, some people that are rich can be in hell in Michael Jackson he died while overdosing and some people can be poor and live in Heaven by volunteering, it's the way you live too not just physical places, and Hell doesn't exist according to Revelations because if the Devil was in hell there wouldn't be any sin, in Revelation it says Devil will be thrown into bottomless pit, Hell

Heaven and Hell was made theory because of John says he whom believes in me shall not perish so it's interpreted that you are immediately judged and go to heavenn or Hell, but in Revelation it contradicts that and says Judgement day isn't at death it's at the end of world we won't know but they always tell us Priests to think of death as Astral plane for resurrection or reincarnation
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2022, 01:38:40 AM »

I'm curious about your perspective. Why do you believe that people who don't believe in the same God as you deserve Hell?
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2022, 05:12:39 PM »

I'm curious about your perspective. Why do you believe that people who don't believe in the same God as you deserve Hell?

In general terms:

Our very existence is by the permission of God and our only reason for being is to worship him. It is arrogance to think otherwise. Everything you do, every step you and I take, every time we breathe, every time our heart beats, this would never happen without God's infinite mercy.

Which of the favors of your lord will you deny?

There is only one option for those* who look at the world and see God's mercy and live their lives without ever one stopping to thank their creator, or those who associate others with him and not abide by his rules without once repenting: eternal punishment.

It's also arrogance to think this is wrong, the ultimate source of morality is and if you think heaven / hell is immoral or unjust this is just looking at your lord and saying you know better than him, which obviously is not to be tolerated. We were put on this Earth to worship and serve and this life is a test.

* Assuming they are cognizant of Islam, God will not punish those who do not believe who had no reliable access to the teachings of a prophet (the final prophet being Muhammad (SAW) who has already arrived making there only one religion that will provide salvation: Islam). For these people (they are known as Ahl al-Fatra), God will judge them in a fair and just manner
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 05:57:17 PM »

Our very existence is by the permission of God and our only reason for being is to worship him. It is arrogance to think otherwise. Everything you do, every step you and I take, every time we breathe, every time our heart beats, this would never happen without God's infinite mercy.

cute to think that at the end of the day god's grappling with just as much imposter syndrome as the rest of us relatable anxiety teens and needs the serotonin boost from some Positive Affirmations by the people he cares about

just that, you know, if i'm feeling bad about myself i generally don't create an entire universe just so its astonishing biodiversity can culminate in a species that'll say "there there"
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 06:02:51 PM »

Read Revelation 20:12-15
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 08:01:28 PM »

If it exists, I hope it's empty.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 09:15:48 PM »

doubt it, otherwise why would it exist?

it's the eternal fate of everyone and everything

it's all endless suffering
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2022, 10:01:16 AM »

No but having walked both the Kensington Emerald City and the Mondawmin Mall parking lot after 10:00 at night there are places which match Hell’s mortal sinners per capita.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2022, 08:34:18 PM »

Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 04:48:43 AM »

In general terms:

There is only one option for those* who look at the world and see God's mercy and live their lives without ever one stopping to thank their creator, or those who associate others with him and not abide by his rules without once repenting: eternal punishment.

It's also arrogance to think this is wrong, the ultimate source of morality is and if you think heaven / hell is immoral or unjust this is just looking at your lord and saying you know better than him, which obviously is not to be tolerated. We were put on this Earth to worship and serve and this life is a test.

* Assuming they are cognizant of Islam, God will not punish those who do not believe who had no reliable access to the teachings of a prophet (the final prophet being Muhammad (SAW) who has already arrived making there only one religion that will provide salvation: Islam). For these people (they are known as Ahl al-Fatra), God will judge them in a fair and just manner

Thank you for your response. This is one of the most evil and terrifying things I’ve ever read on Atlas.

Why is your God so arrogant and self-centered that he would eternally torment those who do not worship him?

Do you have any reason for believing that this is a just outcome beyond “he’s god, he knows everything, who am I to question him?”
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2022, 05:37:53 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2022, 05:43:18 AM by °°°°uu »

Life is suffering, but life is good.
Most if not all humans and non human animals have the survival instinct.

The point is that if life is good then death is bad.

Therefore, it is good, one day at a time, to live in the present and not worry about things like hell. This is not always easy since we live in such a crazy and dangerous world and if you have lost a loved one that causes such awful suffering.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2022, 05:49:36 AM »

Hell seems like a weapon used mostly by Christians and Muslims to terrorize other people. Hell is about as real as Neverland.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2022, 03:57:02 PM »

Honestly no, but I really hope that it's real.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2022, 09:27:12 PM »

Not really. I think there may be a sort of punishment for the wicked, but it may work beyond our understanding. I believe in reincarnation.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2022, 10:27:26 PM »

Yes, for everyone and everything that ever lived without exception.

it may not be exactly like a lot of religions envision it, it's probably much worse. endless and ever-increasing pain for all of eternity.

the theory i think is most likely is that extradimensional demons feast on ur suffering for all of eternity, they have put an energy field around the earth that prevents ur soul from escaping. this is y it is important for humans to get to mars and become one with the martians to possibly escape eternal torment.

but it may encompass the entire universe. which is why CERN is the greatest force for good ever created if the conspiracy theory that they are trying to move us into other dimensions is true.

god is dead but the demons that rule our world and possibly our whole universe aren't and they never will be.

What evidence lead you to this unique belief?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies