If Clinton was elected President in 2016... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:18:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  If Clinton was elected President in 2016... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think the 2020 election would've been a Clinton-Trump rematch?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: If Clinton was elected President in 2016...  (Read 8798 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 27, 2022, 02:36:35 PM »

I doubt it. Trump would've been painted as a RINO by the base and would've been seen as too extreme by everyone else. 2020 after a Clinton win in 2016 would've either been the GOP's 1992 or they would've nominated someone who, while right wing, was more genteel and less outwardly offensive than Trump. At most Trump would've likely tried, and failed, to play kingmaker but that's it.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 06:45:36 PM »

I think there's a case to be made for Trump maintaining a grip hold on gullible rural America.

It's possible, but is that alone enough to win the nomination in 2020? After seeing Neocon War cheerleader and his proto Trump running mate go down in flames in 2008, Flip Flopper and his Tea Party darling of a running mate lose a winnable election in 2012, and baggage plagued narcissistic businessman and his theocratic running mate lose an even more winnable election to a flawed opponent in 2016, I think the GOP would go in a more (on the surface) moderate direction for 2020.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies