Trump on DeSantis: "Fat," "phony," "whiny"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:05:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump on DeSantis: "Fat," "phony," "whiny"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump on DeSantis: "Fat," "phony," "whiny"  (Read 1406 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2022, 07:16:57 PM »

Liberals and Never Trump Republicans would think DeSantis won the debate due to him providing better arguments, but the vast majority of the GOP base would think that Trump won the debate due to him providing better zingers and personal attacks

DeSantis actually would have zingers too:

1. On Your watch CRT started being taught in schools while I banned it under my watch here in Florida

2. Under your watch wokeness exploded while under my watch we have pushed back against it

3. I have actually taken on powerful special interests

4. All you did when you faced tough opposition was whine, while we beat them.
Lol DeSantis would get less than 1% of the votes in the primary if he actually said any of this stuff about Trump. He would be branded as Liz Cheney 2.0

The entire point would be to take Trump's biggest perceived strength which is he a tough guy fighting back against woke special interests and turn it into his biggest weakness .

Almost every GOP voter would think that saying Trump let wokeness explode under his watch is a brazen lie, and they’re actually right about that. Trump banned transgenders from serving in the military and did several other anti-work stunts that his voters loved
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2022, 07:18:26 PM »

Liberals and Never Trump Republicans would think DeSantis won the debate due to him providing better arguments, but the vast majority of the GOP base would think that Trump won the debate due to him providing better zingers and personal attacks

1. On Your watch CRT started being taught in schools while I banned it under my watch here in Florida

2. Under your watch wokeness exploded while under my watch we have pushed back against it

Lol DeSantis would get less than 1% of the votes in the primary if he actually said any of this stuff about Trump. He would be branded as Liz Cheney 2.0

The entire point would be to take Trump's biggest perceived strength which is he a tough guy fighting back against woke special interests and turn it into his biggest weakness .

Almost every GOP voter would think that saying Trump let wokeness explode under his watch is a brazen lie, and they’re actually right about that. Trump banned transgenders from serving in the military and did several other anti-work stunts that his voters loved

Well CRT did explode on Trump's watch and thats what DeSantis would emphasize here
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2022, 07:20:41 PM »

Well CRT did explode on Trump's watch and thats what DeSantis would emphasize here
Republicans didn’t even start talking about CRT until after Biden became president. No GOP voter would blame Trump for CRT
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2022, 07:25:09 PM »

Republicans didn’t even start talking about CRT until after Biden became president. No GOP voter would blame Trump for CRT

Would not hurt to try
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2022, 07:28:08 PM »

Would not hurt to try
Except it actually would since many voters would see it as DeSantis lying about Trump and stabbing him in the back for political gain
Yoda
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »

Has CRT ever actually been taught anywhere besides a few law schools?
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2022, 08:06:41 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2022, 09:23:39 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Yo, DeSantis and I should definitely go out to get zinger burgers sometime
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2022, 08:11:55 PM »

I was taught it in high school in 2014-15.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2022, 08:47:20 PM »

Yeah we learned about it in my high school Cultural Anthropology class. Pretty common in college. Cmon man.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2022, 09:23:29 PM »

Yeah we learned about it in my high school Cultural Anthropology class. Pretty common in college. Cmon man.

No c'mons needed. It was an honest question; literally the only time I've ever heard of it being taught was at the grad school level.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2022, 10:02:27 PM »

I really hope you take a job with the DeSantis campaign so it can crash and burn.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2022, 10:04:19 PM »

I really hope you take a job with the DeSantis campaign so it can crash and burn.

What I’m proposing is do the Bush/Rove strategy which is take the opponent strength(either in actuality or perceived) and turn it into one of their biggest weaknesses.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2022, 10:06:36 PM »

What I’m proposing is do the Bush/Rove strategy which is take the opponent strength(either in actuality or perceived) and turn it into one of their biggest weaknesses.

I know what you're proposing. It wouldn't work. There is zero circumstance where DeSantis (or anyone) defeats Trump head-to-head. Zero.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2022, 10:07:28 PM »

fake news
kwabbit

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2022, 10:14:58 PM »

No c'mons needed. It was an honest question; literally the only time I've ever heard of it being taught was at the grad school level.

That's under a 'no true CRT' perspective. The general ideas and concepts of CRT are taught at almost any serious university and are pretty common in good high schools. It's not rocket science; it's pretty simple to understand.

Frankly, anyone who's graduating from college or even high school should be aware of the concept of systemic racism. Maybe not before high school, but once they've attained a certain level of maturity.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2022, 11:38:07 PM »

The folks saying that Desantis has a chance against Trump in 2024 fail to recognize a very key element that Trump possesses in spades and Desantis woefully lacks: Swag.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2022, 12:01:23 AM »

They should just have a Sumo wrestling match instead.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2022, 12:41:10 AM »

That's under a 'no true CRT' perspective. The general ideas and concepts of CRT are taught at almost any serious university and are pretty common in good high schools. It's not rocket science; it's pretty simple to understand.

Frankly, anyone who's graduating from college or even high school should be aware of the concept of systemic racism. Maybe not before high school, but once they've attained a certain level of maturity.

If you're defining CRT as simply "systemic racism exists," then OK, but the actual academic definition is much more specific and detailed than that.
kwabbit

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2022, 01:13:39 AM »

If you're defining CRT as simply "systemic racism exists," then OK, but the actual academic definition is much more specific and detailed than that.

No one means CRT as the precise curriculum of the law school class that originated the term. The colloquial meaning has drifted far from that, so saying "actually that's not CRT shut up Glenn Youngkin" doesn't change the fact that ideas about race similar to CRT are increasingly being taught in schools. In my Democratic, affluent NJ school district, I was taught about something similar in high school, as was also the case in both undergrad and grad school. All while not being a humanities student. At no point was it explicitly labelled CRT, but when this debate started a year ago I was already thoroughly exposed to the main ideas of actual CRT.

I think it's a useful framework to understand race and I'm fine with students being exposed to it in high school and college. My point is that these ideas are actually being taught in schools and one does not need to go out of their way to be exposed to them. Most students in Democratic areas will probably encounter them in high school English. If not, they'll see them in undergrad gen ed classes.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2022, 06:24:04 AM »

Means nothing to a Republican base that is being more anti-intellectual by the day.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2022, 10:46:37 AM »

Means nothing to a Republican base that is being more anti-intellectual by the day.

Not sure it even matters a lot in a GE electorate. Remember that Trump was also seen the clear loser of all 3 debates against HRC.

Even on the Dem side, Biden had a number of horrible performances in 2019.

Trump is a TV personality and showman, while DeSantis is not. It wouldn't matter whether the latter is more confident in talking issues and substance. No one doubt DeSantis is more secure in talking about that, but Mr. Trump is a master of distractions and DeSantis would struggle to handle that.

In addition, I'm not even sure Trump would debate in a potential 2024 matchup. He'd just claim the moderators are against him and the process is rigged. And the R-base would eat it up.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2022, 12:10:02 PM »

Well, yes, obviously. One cannot be reasonably well educated in US history and not understand the concept of systemic racism or understand that it's real. But under that standard every school I have ever went to in my entire life, including my grade school, was teaching CRT. Obviously that wasn't the case. We were being taught real, unvarnished history, not the whitewashed version of history republicans want in schools. Contrary to what all the radicalized republican parents across the country believe right now, simply teaching, for example, the history of the Civil Rights movement without shying away from all the factual parts that make racists uncomfortable (ie all of it) does not constitute CRT. It's plain history. If learning about it makes someone feel uncomfortable or challenged, that's b/c the subject matter is uncomfortable and challenging. It's supposed to be.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies