NV SEN InsiderAdvantage(R) Laxalt+3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:34:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  NV SEN InsiderAdvantage(R) Laxalt+3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV SEN InsiderAdvantage(R) Laxalt+3  (Read 1351 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2022, 05:15:06 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:15:56 PM »

We're getting a flood of polls it seems (Trafalgar, Data for Progress, Big Data, Insider Advantage), all of which have Laxalt leading. Nevada is the most vulnerable Democratic-held seat. That much is clear.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 05:20:36 PM »

I doubt I'll move this to Lean R given the history of polling misses in Nevada, but it's certainly not looking good.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 05:45:25 PM »

It’s nothing different than every Nevada race. The Rs always poll well, see the Heller +7 gems in 2018.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 05:46:48 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2022, 05:52:11 PM by MT Treasurer »

The thing that should really worry Democrats here is how consistently low Cortez Masto's raw percentage has been compared to that of Kelly, Fetterman, and Warnock, all of whom have been hovering around/close to 50% in the polling average.

It’s nothing different than every Nevada race. The Rs always poll well, see the Heller +7 gems in 2018.

Deliberately misleading-

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/nv/nevada_senate_heck_vs_cortez_masto-5982.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/nv/nevada_trump_vs_biden-6867.html
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 05:57:43 PM »

The thing that should really worry Democrats here is how consistently low Cortez Masto's raw percentage has been compared to that of Kelly, Fetterman, and Warnock, all of whom have been hovering around/close to 50% in the polling average.

Deliberately misleading-

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/nv/nevada_senate_heck_vs_cortez_masto-5982.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/nv/nevada_trump_vs_biden-6867.html

Agree with the raw percentage issue, though if there is one thing that maybe saves Cortez Masto it's the fact that Nevada usually has a pretty large percentage of third party/none of the above votes. That being said, I've had this as a narrow Laxalt win for a while and I see no reason to change that call.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 06:00:44 PM »

If this is the only saving grace we have in this state, then we really are f***ed here. All eyes on Georgia-that's where the control of the Senate is going to be determined.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 07:28:46 PM »

citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 07:29:52 PM »

Wow those Hispanic numbers are insane.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 07:31:52 PM »

And with the Democrat being the Hispanic. Ouch.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 07:32:10 PM »

I wouldn’t read too much into the crosstabs

What you should be worried about if you’re CCM is that she’s polling well below 50
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 07:40:51 PM »

They already have a thread
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2022, 07:45:18 PM »

Hispanics aren't even a category in the poll? I'm begging you people to stop paying attention to this trash, especially in a state like NV.

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2022, 07:54:52 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2022, 09:50:51 PM by Devils30 »

Look at September 2016 and October 2018 on RCP. Everyone needs to chill. CCM could win this by 4 for all we know.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/nv/nevada_senate_heller_vs_rosen-6304.html

Also pretty sure CCM will win a higher % of blacks than whites %....just my humble opinion.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 08:26:57 AM »

.... are people ignoring that this is an R internal? and not only that - but somehow Laxalt is only up 3 while winning Indies by 30%+?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2022, 08:30:26 AM »

Look at September 2016 and October 2018 on RCP. Everyone needs to chill. CCM could win this by 4 for all we know.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/nv/nevada_senate_heller_vs_rosen-6304.html

Also pretty sure CCM will win a higher % of blacks than whites %....just my humble opinion.

So Masto is leading right now? Should we assume that all four of the recent polls in Nevada are wrong and that she's actually ahead by a few percentage points? The polling errors of 2016 and 2018 are repeating themselves, if this is is the case.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2022, 08:33:29 AM »

So Masto is leading right now? Should we assume that all four of the recent polls in Nevada are wrong and that she's actually ahead by a few percentage points? The polling errors of 2016 and 2018 are repeating themselves, if this is is the case.

There was no polling error in Masto's 2016 race, please stop repeating this false talking point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_Senate_election_in_Nevada#Polling_2
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2022, 08:34:22 AM »

To be fair, it hasn't been the most high quality group of pollsters so I'd like to wait to get more. 2020 was the anomaly with NV polling, so I would not be surprised if we reverted back to the polling being iffy there.

Honestly, the biggest n= in this poll has Masto and Laxalt nearly tied among Whites. If that's the case, then Masto is doing pretty great lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2022, 08:37:16 AM »

There was no polling error in Masto's 2016 race, please stop repeating this false talking point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_Senate_election_in_Nevada#Polling_2

In 2016 that was before VBM the NY 19 was huge polling error Molinaro plus 8, Pat Ryan +3, VBM my friend, in 22 but Rs quote polling error in OH Sen because Ryan and Barnes has lead in every poll except TRAFALGAR and Emerson, my friend be consistent , Rs want to believe TRAFALGAR and Emerson

Barnes +1 in Siena
Ryan +3, +6 Baldwin, in impact and Echelon not named Emerson and TRAFALGAR
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2022, 08:40:51 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2022, 08:51:15 AM by Calthrina950 »

No need for you to get angry with me. I was questioning Devils30's argument about this particular race. The argument which he and some others are making is that there were polling errors in previous cycles in Nevada, and that these errors are going to repeat themselves again this year.

To be fair, it hasn't been the most high quality group of pollsters so I'd like to wait to get more. 2020 was the anomaly with NV polling, so I would not be surprised if we reverted back to the polling being iffy there.

Honestly, the biggest n= in this poll has Masto and Laxalt nearly tied among Whites. If that's the case, then Masto is doing pretty great lol

Which pollsters would that be? CNN/SRC? NYT/Siena? CBS/YouGov? Regardless of that, Laxalt has led in several of the polls that have been conducted up to this point, whereas Oz and Masters have not led in a single poll. If Laxalt, as you say, isn't able to pull it off, then that would imply Democrats will retain the Senate and expand their majority by one or possibly two seats. And if that happened, it would be an embarrassing outcome for Republicans.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2022, 08:43:50 AM »

No need for you to get angry with me. I was questioning Devils30's argument about this particular race. The argument which he and some others are making is that there were polling errors in previous cycles in Nevada, and that these errors are going to repeat themselves again this year.

Which pollsters would that be? CNN/SRC? NYT/Siena? CBS/YouGov? Regardless of that, Laxalt has led in several of the polls that have been realized up to this point, whereas Oz and Masters have not led in a single poll. If Laxalt, as you say, isn't able to pull it off, then that would imply Democrats will retain the Senate and expand their majority by one or possibly two seats. And if that happened, it would be an embarrassing outcome for Republicans.

Sure, I'd just like to see more of the regular outlets. Right now we're looking at Traf, D4P, and IA (R) which aren't the best.

Would really like to get another Suffolk to see if anything has changed since their last poll, or even another Fabrizio/Impact.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2022, 08:48:40 AM »

We don't need more polling Pat Ryan in blue NY overcome Molinaro 8 pt lead and NV is a blue state and Data for Progress had it Laxalt plus 1 not three and early vote can wipe out that 3 pt lead in a blue state
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2022, 10:26:44 AM »

+3 in a GOP internal is bad or at least neutral for Laxalt
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2022, 11:29:01 AM »

Well it's a R internal sooooo
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2022, 12:35:11 AM »

Hispanics aren't even a category in the poll? I'm begging you people to stop paying attention to this trash, especially in a state like NV.

Cortez-Matso at 42% among Black people LOL
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies