Would you live in a state that bans abortion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:51:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you live in a state that bans abortion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Would you live in a state that bans abortion?  (Read 1048 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 23, 2022, 01:26:43 PM »

I would, and I do (mostly banned at least). Proud of it

Only asking: what do you think of this incident? Or this one? What do you think of socially conservative Republicans like Neal Collins of South Carolina?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 02:52:12 PM »

Only asking: what do you think of this incident? Or this one? What do you think of socially conservative Republicans like Neal Collins of South Carolina?

I'll simply refer you to my comments I posted actually on that first thread you linked.

Pro-abortion lefties: "You can't point to the barbarity of late term-abortions as an argument against abortion because it happens in such a small proportion of cases."

Also Pro-abortion lefties: "Here's every fringe case ever conceived as a cover to support the broad-based 'freedom' to terminate a pregnancy for any reason"

This case is awful and terribly sad. Obviously if death of the infant is inevitable anyway, terminating the life to prevent further suffering would be a just decision. That is wholly different than abortions in the vast majority of other cases, where death of the infant is not an inevitability. It's disingenuous to hide behind cases like this, if you would have also been fine for the infant's death, no matter the reason that the woman had.

That addresses the Louisiana incident - but what about the Ohio-Indiana one? That could’ve been easily avoided if there was some sort of exception, if just for rape/incest, if just only for a limited number of weeks.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »

I'll simply refer you to my comments I posted actually on that first thread you linked.

Pro-abortion lefties: "You can't point to the barbarity of late term-abortions as an argument against abortion because it happens in such a small proportion of cases."

Also Pro-abortion lefties: "Here's every fringe case ever conceived as a cover to support the broad-based 'freedom' to terminate a pregnancy for any reason"

This case is awful and terribly sad. Obviously if death of the infant is inevitable anyway, terminating the life to prevent further suffering would be a just decision. That is wholly different than abortions in the vast majority of other cases, where death of the infant is not an inevitability. It's disingenuous to hide behind cases like this, if you would have also been fine for the infant's death, no matter the reason that the woman had.

That addresses the Louisiana incident - but what about the Ohio-Indiana one? That could’ve been easily avoided if there was some sort of exception, if just for rape/incest, if just only for a limited number of weeks.

As DT said in that case,
If there's a legal reporting requirement on providers who provide abortion in cases of rape/incest, then it should be enforced.

The situation is beyond depressing, and I'd love to accept those exceptions, but a life is a life is a life, and I have to eat the results of policies that I support.

Honestly, I linked that thread because I couldn't find a thread regarding the original incident - a 10-year-old impregnated as a result of rape, not being allowed to legally get an abortion in her state - so I linked this thread, which was related to the same incident. The whole IN-AG-prosecuting-doctor thing isn't really what I was referring to so much as 10-year-old-pregnant-by-rape-has-to-cross-state-lines-to-get-an-abortion. Which is why I consider these types of blanket bans on abortions, that don't make the absolutely necessary exceptions for rape and incest, to be terrible, and which is why I'm glad that (if I understand correctly) you yourself would prefer to see exceptions made for rape and incest (unless I am misunderstanding you?).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies