The exodus of the blue avatars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:28:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The exodus of the blue avatars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The exodus of the blue avatars  (Read 6933 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: September 22, 2022, 02:37:43 PM »

The fact that few Republicans don't want to participate in a forum about election results and maps when so many believe that elections now are rigged and illegitimate is hardly surprising.

Another issue is that Atlas posters have always been significantly more educated than the general population, either graduated or in college, so Trump scaring off so many educated voters from the GOP definitely had an impact on our membership.

Not really and btw if you include atlas discord then the blue to red avatar discrepancy is no where near as large as it is on here

I get there is a generational gap here and maybe as a millennial I just don't and can't  "understand," but anyone who posts on "Atlas discord" but is afraid to post here is a total pussy and should be laughed at.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 03:58:21 PM »

The fact that few Republicans don't want to participate in a forum about election results and maps when so many believe that elections now are rigged and illegitimate is hardly surprising.

Another issue is that Atlas posters have always been significantly more educated than the general population, either graduated or in college, so Trump scaring off so many educated voters from the GOP definitely had an impact on our membership.

Not really and btw if you include atlas discord then the blue to red avatar discrepancy is no where near as large as it is on here

I get there is a generational gap here and maybe as a millennial I just don't and can't  "understand," but anyone who posts on "Atlas discord" but is afraid to post here is a total pussy and should be laughed at.

I mean there are even a good deal of dem posters who post more on discord than here . It all depends on what you want from the site . If you want to actually debate or have substantive discussions with someone than discord is clearly a better medium but this is a better medium for discussion about past elections , alternative history or just if you want to comment on the news but aren’t really interested in debating .

Why in the world you seem to think that "there are Democrats on the lolcord too" would affect my opinion at all is beyond me,  but I'll reiterate again that it does not.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 04:32:22 PM »

I mean there are even a good deal of dem posters who post more on discord than here . It all depends on what you want from the site . If you want to actually debate or have substantive discussions with someone than discord is clearly a better medium but this is a better medium for discussion about past elections , alternative history or just if you want to comment on the news but aren’t really interested in debating .

Why in the world you seem to think that "there are Democrats on the lolcord too" would affect my opinion at all is beyond me,  but I'll reiterate again that it does not.

Don’t you agree the point of a debate is to try to convince others you are right

No. I have no delusions that I'll change anyone's mind about anything, and I don't try.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies