The exodus of the blue avatars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:24:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The exodus of the blue avatars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The exodus of the blue avatars  (Read 7005 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: September 22, 2022, 08:15:56 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2022, 08:19:16 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I'm under no illusions that this is a forum for debate and haven't been for many many years. But I definitely came here to read posts that could conceivably contain substance, even as I probably have sub-50 percent agreement with any of them. Now those are few and far between in non-international discussions relative to even 4 years ago.

Losing conservatives and left wing skeptics of the administration only has a compounding effect on more people wanting to leave. I'm not interested in reading 90 percent of the remaining conservatives using severely flawed logic painfully filled with holes just asking people to rip it apart more. The Reckoning and Sir Woodbury not being banned has been atrocious and many, many others are becoming more like them.

But the painful logic is not limited to this group even if they are the most prolific. It's just that no one wants to publicly embarrass their ideological compatriots that would be similarly easy to dunk on. Landslide Lyndon is gone, only to replaced by about a dozen clones who thrive on Twitter bot/reply guy-tier discourse.

Plus, what interesting domestic subjects are there to post on? Lefties hold out hope of prosecuting their main opponents, which interests no one but them. Threads about inflation and the stock market are all performative spinning the latest news like a press secretary for the respective parties, even if they are the key place I would like to contribute. Even the immigration news has become too stupid.

The gender ideology threads are among the most interesting things going on (barely) for people of all stripes but the 'conservative' position has effectively been banned. Oh well! Not like that's where all the substance was recently - maybe a year ago but no longer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies