The exodus of the blue avatars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:21:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The exodus of the blue avatars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The exodus of the blue avatars  (Read 6913 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: September 22, 2022, 02:44:15 PM »

One of the biggest problems outside what PQG mentioned is also the fact that USGD is not even fostered for actual debate or discussion anymore. Some of the biggest problems are this :

1. When blue avatars post it’s usually followed up by 5-6 red avatar posters responding in the harshest way possible and given that red avatars outnumber blue avatars , that makes it really hard to debate .

2. The view that many democrats have now days is that being a Republican itself is illegitimate so strawmanning every thing a blue avatar says is ok and calling one side traitors or terrorist enablers is ok . Why would blue avatars even want to debate these people and frankly it’s why I have gotten much more aggressive in my responses cause if we are gonna be attacked like this then why should we respond in serious or nice ways either .

3. Moderators don’t have clear rules on what is or what isn’t ok in culture war threads because frankly in a political forum it should be ok to post anything that is in the mainstream of public debate on an issue . It is why I said there should be a megathread on this so you can stop the clutter as well

"I just said transgenders don't deserve human rights, why am I catching flak?"

Everyone has a right to 'contribute' to USGD, but your opinions don't get immunity from criticism.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:01:23 PM »

One of the biggest problems outside what PQG mentioned is also the fact that USGD is not even fostered for actual debate or discussion anymore. Some of the biggest problems are this :

1. When blue avatars post it’s usually followed up by 5-6 red avatar posters responding in the harshest way possible and given that red avatars outnumber blue avatars , that makes it really hard to debate .

2. The view that many democrats have now days is that being a Republican itself is illegitimate so strawmanning every thing a blue avatar says is ok and calling one side traitors or terrorist enablers is ok . Why would blue avatars even want to debate these people and frankly it’s why I have gotten much more aggressive in my responses cause if we are gonna be attacked like this then why should we respond in serious or nice ways either .

3. Moderators don’t have clear rules on what is or what isn’t ok in culture war threads because frankly in a political forum it should be ok to post anything that is in the mainstream of public debate on an issue . It is why I said there should be a megathread on this so you can stop the clutter as well

"I just said transgenders don't deserve human rights, why am I catching flak?"

Everyone has a right to 'contribute' to USGD, but your opinions don't get immunity from criticism.

Well, yes, but the latter is entirely a one-way street.

Black Lives Matter and the defenses of BLM's activities have, indeed, being given immunity from criticism.  Any questioning of why people are silent in the face of BLM's crimes and destruction is made with allegations of "whataboutism" and inane personal attacks, no matter how inane the point that is being made by the Red Avatars.  And the Red Avatars lack self-control.  

Joe Republc (an HP, but that's another story) started a thread about Nick Fascuentes making an inane statement and how all Republicans sign off on it, etc.  The statement was outrageous and was promptly "condemned" but a point was made as to the fact that others have not condemned BLM rioting.  That prompted 7 responses that were deleted by mods without me even reporting them.  Seven (7) responses.  There were responses by T'Chanka and Sir Mohammed that were decent and reasonable (as they are decent and reasonable people), but there were the garbage responses by The Trump Virus, Joe Republic, Badger, Ferguson97, and CentristRepublican.  

So please don't tell me about how no one's opinion is immune from criticism.  Advocacy for BLM is, and has long been, "protected speech" here.  They are a Sacred Cow, and Transgender Ideology is the second.  The latter is treated as settled science and settled social science, which it is not.  

And the Dog Pilers are protected.  Badger.  Hindsight waa 2020.  ProudModerate2.  Ferguson97 (the most dishonest poster currently active).  The Trump Virus.  It goes on and on.

Do serous discussion Forums allow routine dogpiling?  Or is that an example of what happens to a liberal who sneaks into some place like Free Republic?  Will meaningful policy discussions be the norm in an Identity Politics world when so many issues have support from particular Identity Groups and people are allowed to libelously insult people in response?  

I personally believe that many people want the Blue Avatars to leave.  They don't want any Republicans, and especially not Trump Republicans.  (I wonder how they deal with real life where my opinions are commonplace, but that's another sotry.)  They only want Republicans who were/are some form of RINO.  And their broad strategy in the Culture War (a war well worth fighting from my perspective) is to demonize.  That's a reflection of the real world at that time, but the real world does present some ability to push back against that.

Now I don't think Blue Avatars should leave.  They should stay, they should post, and they should join in to defend fellows who are being ratpacked.  That's because many here are cowards who can dish it out in packs but can't go toe to toe with an opponent, let alone a group of those who disagree.  That's up to individuals, but doing so is practice for the real world.  The real world is a more Leftist place than when we grew up (although more conservative than Atlas) so this can be the first place where we fight back and advance OUR ideas.

There are some things that are perceived by the forum- in my opinion appropriately, in your opinion much less so- that are considered basic human rights. Virtually all of the forum, me included, believe that gay/lesbian/bi people are perfectly normal, and attacks on that aren't acceptable. A slightly smaller but still substantial majority believe the same for trans rights. Posts that question the existence/human rights of such people will be removed, for it is similar to saying that something like women or Christians shouldn't deserve human rights.

And yes, those who say Christians are dumb or whatever should indeed be moderated.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 05:57:13 PM »

How it started: CentristRepublican isn't a Republican

How it's going: JOHN FOSTER DULLES CONSPIRED TO HELP A COMMUNIST SPY TO PROTECT FDR!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies