The exodus of the blue avatars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:30:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The exodus of the blue avatars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The exodus of the blue avatars  (Read 6944 times)
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« on: September 22, 2022, 02:27:08 PM »
« edited: September 23, 2022, 02:15:43 PM by Kamala’s side hoe »

btw if you include atlas discord then the blue to red avatar discrepancy is no where near as large as it is on here

Maybe for LokCord v2.0, definitely not for AAD.

I will say that I dislike USGD for similar reasons that previous posters have mentioned, and I deliberately try to respond to USGD posts in other threads to try and steer activity away from that cesspool. My opinion of certain D-avatars who frequently post and start threads there has gone down during the Biden administration.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 02:38:23 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2022, 03:28:04 PM by Kamala’s side hoe »

I get there is a generational gap here and maybe as a millennial I just don't and can't  "understand," but anyone who posts on "Atlas discord" but is afraid to post here is a total pussy and should be laughed at.

From one Millennial to another: Discord servers are useful for sharing photos, memes, and day-to-day life updates that don’t fully belong on a publicly visible message board about elections and political campaigns.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 10:48:08 PM »

You know one of the blue avatars who posted on this thread has a degree in Physics and another conservative who left has a literal PHD.

Brilliance in one field doesn’t mean someone is also a genius in other fields. Academic credentials are not necessarily a good indicator of wisdom, common sense, or ethics.

[D hack mode]If we want to focus on healthcare professionals in federal politics, look at cardiologist Mehmet Öz’s dubious weight loss prescriptions, neurosurgeon Ben Carson’s sagacious wisdom on housing policy, or veterinarian Kurt Schrader’s concern for treatment accessibility for human patients (or lack thereof). [/D hack mode]

For a less politically charged example, there’s physicist and one-time Electrical Engineering professor at Stanford Dr. William Shockley (PhD), who is best known for helping commercialize the modern transistor, and his controversial views on eugenics (even by the standards of his time).

And this is something else that distinguishes blue avatars from red ones.  We're real people with real jobs, families and other commitments competing for our time while red avatars have always skewed younger/more engaged. 

My go-to examples for this would’ve been Xing, Beet, ottermax, sev, and Virginia- all of whom are D-avatars or are widely known as such.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies