The exodus of the blue avatars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:10:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The exodus of the blue avatars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The exodus of the blue avatars  (Read 6867 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 26, 2022, 10:04:14 AM »

Practically ever internet site that deals with politics become a “liberal echo chambers” because everyone here has access to a variety of sources to cite so it becomes impossible to argue things that are stable of American conservatism ideology when you in seconds are pull up various studies and articles that show global warming is real, 2020 wasn’t rigged nor was the voting results abnormal in any way, racial profiling by our police does happen, and trickle down economics don’t really work. And lastly for those you blame the mods for being bias I’d like to point out that Reaganfan posted openly white nationalist talking points for years before the mods decided he got enough strikes to be out and that several of them are gay yet DeadPrez has been allowed to call gay people “groomers” without getting kicked off
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 05:33:16 PM »

Do you even think about what you post?

Lol of course I do. I'm not the one trying to make a false equivelance between ignoring experts to get people killed and mildly inconveniencing entitled hyper-anti-collectivists.
Like I have said a thousand times, if you don't want to take the *tiny* risk of being killed by covid, you have the right to stay home, mask, social distance, order grocery dropoff, etc. You do not have the right to force the rest of us to do the same. My choice to live my life without fear does not have to affect hypersensitive hypochondriacs who are still masking and distancing.

I choose to treat the risks from covid like the risks from driving, eating medium rare steak, going outside without slathering myself in sunscreen, etc. They are infinitesimal but real, and not worth making a big deal of.

And "experts" do not have the right to dictate politics any more than monarchs do (they don't). We can consider what they have to say and then choose to go a completely different direction. This is what democracy is for! I choose to completely disregard the psycho epidemiologists on twitter who are still freaking out that most people are no longer playing along with their hysteria.
With the exception of driving all the other things you list as risks (ignoring how offensively ridiculous it is to compare not following Covid protocols vs wearing sunscreen/eating junk food) only hurt yourself. The absolute refusal for people like you to account for the impact you could of had on others around you by getting Covid gets to the heart of this heated divide
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies