The exodus of the blue avatars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:43:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The exodus of the blue avatars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The exodus of the blue avatars  (Read 6589 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: September 23, 2022, 09:33:55 AM »

For those claiming it wouldn't be like this if the GOP was more respectable, name one R outside the Northeast not unanimously opposed to by red avatars.Youngkin was feared with such a vigor, you'd think he was trying to abolish democracy and lock up any minorities in Virginia.

Even Baker, Hogan, and Sununu are viewed negatively by many, if not most, left-leaning posters here. Just about the only elected Republican politician who probably has a net positive approval rating here overall is Phil Scott, and Scott is virtually indistinguishable from a Democrat.

It probably has happened, but aside from POTUS candidates and office holders, I can't ever recall arguing with anyone whether a politician from other than an electability standpoint was good or bad.  That would not self actualize me at all, and would be a total waste of time anyway. Nor do I comment on the "fairness" of grades posters give on politicians. Well I must admit that the Pub candidate for PA governor has some issues.  Sunglasses
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 09:57:10 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2022, 10:55:57 AM by Torie »

I apologize for interjecting myself here, but at the end of the day what matters is respecting the rule of law, which means peacefully hewing to court decisions as to whether votes were legally cast or accurately counted. No electoral count or election is perfect, and at the margins there are errors and sure, possibly some fraud. What made the 2022 election and its aftermath different from other elections, is the refusal to respect the decisions of the courts when issues were litigated, and the violence, and the post election attempts to commit further fraud with phony electors, trying to coerce Pence to violate the law, and now we find out attempting to tamper with voting machines.

One can try to claim, hey, everyone does it, it has all been done before, but to me it is entirely unpersuasive. Even if it had been done before, that does not make this latest iteration any less execrable. That is my opinion on this matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies