The exodus of the blue avatars (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:01:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The exodus of the blue avatars (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The exodus of the blue avatars  (Read 6845 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: September 26, 2022, 10:13:05 AM »

Lockdowns were always a horrible idea. Pre-vaccine there should have been nothing more than mask requirements during the peaks of waves. I have no problem with the March 2020 lockdowns because we had no idea what the hell was going on. But the ones continuing after that were bad and wrong, and especially the ones in winter 2020-21 (which happened in a few states including CA) were indefensible. Trump was right to go after the Dem governors of those midwestern states in May and June 2020.

The vast majority of research and data indicates that if we used a time machine and did what you're proposing, a lot more people would have died or developed long-term heart or lung illnesses. When I say "a lot", I mean hundreds of thousands and possibly over a million.

What was so extremely important that made saving all of those lives "a horrible idea"? The concept of anti-collectivist libertarianism? I'm sure that would have comforted all the people who lost family members and comforted the people who died as they lay there dying.
Those who value their own security over others' liberty deserve neither. Nothing has ever stopped people from choosing to stay at home. They do not have the right to force others to do the same. Personally I would rather take the tiny risk and live a full life than cower at home afraid of other people.

The only situation in which this doesn't hold is when hospitals are completely overrun. But this was rarely a problem in the US after the first few months, especially if you use real metrics about hospital beds, not fake ones that allowed authoritarians to more easily continue their power trips.
Good people don't put their own comfort over other's lives. Liberty is not the only thing that matters.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 06:56:02 PM »

There is a real dogpiling issue on this forum that hits conservatives disproportionately(I'd imagine I've contributed a bit to that), but a lot of people criticizing your 5000th bad BLM take does not mean BLM is immune to criticism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies