Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:26:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President  (Read 1462 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: September 21, 2022, 10:53:19 PM »

Thoughts on the crypto presdential campagin that Newsom is running ?

Newsom would be a very strong Democratic candidate for the Presidency, unlike most incumbent Democratic Governors or Senators who would be very weak. My guess is that Biden will be renominated in 2024 and that 2028 is too far in the future to really say anything about, though.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 03:08:49 PM »

He's certainly not my favorite.

Pritzker, despite being a billionaire, seems more relatable.

I'm wondering if being obese is becoming a political advantage as an increasing number of Americans suffer from the disease.

There's lots of evidence that political attractiveness is advantageous for candidates, and it's tough for me to imagine Pritzker winning the most televised election ever. That doesn't necessarily mean an obese candidate can't win -- lots of studies have suggested that, all else held equal, Americans are likelier to vote for women than men, yet we observe a majority-male political class. I kind of do agree on the point that obesity has gotten common enough that some politicians -- like Tester -- can sort of recast it as 'folksiness'.

The problem with Pritzker is that most of the reasons he got elected Governor of Illinois -- like being able to outspend his opponents or having the right connections -- just wouldn't apply on a national stage. Newsom's rise feels much less forced.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 03:09:15 PM »

I think Newsom would make a good President. He would fight relentlessly to get things done. Things that benefit people and not just rich dudes. I look forward to seeing more of him in the political spotlight.

It is impossible to have policies that benefit the people that do not also benefit rich dudes, FTR.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies