Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:48:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President  (Read 1420 times)
kwabbit

« on: September 22, 2022, 12:17:26 PM »

It's worth noting that Gavin Newsom essentially got away with something that pretty much ruined Boris Johnson's government (though didn't ultimately end it; that was for something else).  I'll vote for Newsom's reelection this November for policy reasons of course, but that was some BS right there.

I had trouble understanding Johnson’s downfall because many US politicians also violated COVID precautions and did not pay much of a price. Seems extreme for it to topple his government.
kwabbit

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 01:28:24 PM »

He's certainly not my favorite.

Pritzker, despite being a billionaire, seems more relatable.

I'm wondering if being obese is becoming a political advantage as an increasing number of Americans suffer from the disease.

There's lots of evidence that political attractiveness is advantageous for candidates, and it's tough for me to imagine Pritzker winning the most televised election ever. That doesn't necessarily mean an obese candidate can't win -- lots of studies have suggested that, all else held equal, Americans are likelier to vote for women than men, yet we observe a majority-male political class. I kind of do agree on the point that obesity has gotten common enough that some politicians -- like Tester -- can sort of recast it as 'folksiness'.

I have a hard time accepting the premise that Pritzker's physical appearance would be a significant handicap towards his presidential ambitions, considering our previous president was an obese, orange-skinned, 70-year-old man with a weird haircut.

Trump was unique looking. The tan and the hair were part of his brand. He wouldn’t be Trump without them and maybe he wouldn’t have been elected without them. Pritzker is just straight up one of the ugliest people I’ve seen, which isn’t gonna make him stand out in a good way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies