Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:19:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gavin Newsom Is Gross and Embarrassing and Will Never Be President  (Read 1418 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 03:27:41 PM »

Being gross and embarrassing is enough to win you the election these days. See 2016.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »

Some of the posters here sound like the detractors and nay-sayers during the recall election of Newsom. Newsom was re-elected with a sizeable majority in spite of the crap talk.

People don't really care about this gossip type crap talk anymore. After Trump, not one single Republican has a right to say anything about anyone who is a Democrat. It's just B.S. if they do. I would never call Newsom a saint, but he's doing a good job as Governor and that's all that matters.

If Trump was doing a good job as President, maybe he would have fared better and gotten a second term. But a crap person with crap results isn't very electable. Fool us once and that is enough.
Winning a recall against far-right grifting radio host and a bunch of other whackos in one of the most democratic states in the country isn't hard.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 04:50:33 PM »

I don't relly care do u
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 08:22:57 PM »

Some of the posters here sound like the detractors and nay-sayers during the recall election of Newsom. Newsom was re-elected with a sizeable majority in spite of the crap talk.

People don't really care about this gossip type crap talk anymore. After Trump, not one single Republican has a right to say anything about anyone who is a Democrat. It's just B.S. if they do. I would never call Newsom a saint, but he's doing a good job as Governor and that's all that matters.

If Trump was doing a good job as President, maybe he would have fared better and gotten a second term. But a crap person with crap results isn't very electable. Fool us once and that is enough.
Winning a recall against far-right grifting radio host and a bunch of other whackos in one of the most democratic states in the country isn't hard.

Newsom isn't particularly likeable. He needs all the help he can get.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 09:16:24 PM »

Newsom already said he isn't running in 24 but all bets are off in 28 he will be second to Harris as long as Tim Ryan is out the race , but Tim Ryan wants to be Prez too and winning the Senate seat in 22 sets him up for Prez in 28, no Tim Ryan it's Newsom and Harris with Tim Ryan as Senator Ryan will leapfrog both Harris and NEWSOM
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2022, 10:45:25 PM »

I think Newsom would make a good President. He would fight relentlessly to get things done. Things that benefit people and not just rich dudes. I look forward to seeing more of him in the political spotlight.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2022, 03:08:49 PM »

He's certainly not my favorite.

Pritzker, despite being a billionaire, seems more relatable.

I'm wondering if being obese is becoming a political advantage as an increasing number of Americans suffer from the disease.

There's lots of evidence that political attractiveness is advantageous for candidates, and it's tough for me to imagine Pritzker winning the most televised election ever. That doesn't necessarily mean an obese candidate can't win -- lots of studies have suggested that, all else held equal, Americans are likelier to vote for women than men, yet we observe a majority-male political class. I kind of do agree on the point that obesity has gotten common enough that some politicians -- like Tester -- can sort of recast it as 'folksiness'.

The problem with Pritzker is that most of the reasons he got elected Governor of Illinois -- like being able to outspend his opponents or having the right connections -- just wouldn't apply on a national stage. Newsom's rise feels much less forced.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 03:09:15 PM »

I think Newsom would make a good President. He would fight relentlessly to get things done. Things that benefit people and not just rich dudes. I look forward to seeing more of him in the political spotlight.

It is impossible to have policies that benefit the people that do not also benefit rich dudes, FTR.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »

It is impossible to have policies that benefit the people that do not also benefit rich dudes, FTR.

Leftists have no objection to policy that helps everybody but ALSO helps rich people. That's perfectly fine. Most leftists don't want to actively disadvantage rich people just for the sake of doing so.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2022, 03:46:58 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2022, 03:50:17 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Leftists have no objection to policy that helps everybody but ALSO helps rich people. That's perfectly fine. Most leftists don't want to actively disadvantage rich people just for the sake of doing so.

We're gonna have an EDay soon and Bernie Sanders said stop worrying about MOE polls in Swing states they will fall where they may if we get a Secularist Trifecta we will get all the policies we want Warren Millionaires tax taxes the rich, if Rs take over it's a WVA pipeline and Ukraine funding and nothing extra

Every purple state except Shapiro, and Fetterman, Whitmer and Kelly are all within the MOE it's impossible to know whom is gonna win, but we must stay optimistic this close till EDay , we are inside 45 fays
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2022, 04:44:59 PM »

I'm wondering if being obese is becoming a political advantage as an increasing number of Americans suffer from the disease.

There's lots of evidence that political attractiveness is advantageous for candidates, and it's tough for me to imagine Pritzker winning the most televised election ever. That doesn't necessarily mean an obese candidate can't win -- lots of studies have suggested that, all else held equal, Americans are likelier to vote for women than men, yet we observe a majority-male political class. I kind of do agree on the point that obesity has gotten common enough that some politicians -- like Tester -- can sort of recast it as 'folksiness'.

I have a hard time accepting the premise that Pritzker's physical appearance would be a significant handicap towards his presidential ambitions, considering our previous president was an obese, orange-skinned, 70-year-old man with a weird haircut.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2022, 05:21:21 PM »

I have a hard time accepting the premise that Pritzker's physical appearance would be a significant handicap towards his presidential ambitions, considering our previous president was an obese, orange-skinned, 70-year-old man with a weird haircut.

Pritzker is even fatter than Trump, and by a large margin.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2022, 05:42:27 AM »

I remember someone saying here that being handsome is a plus, but Gavin Newsom is California handsome, which is a negative.

The issue is that federal leaders are completely gridlocked in by the inertia provided by fillibusters and split control, while state leaders have freedom to do what they want, which is why your desantis, your newsom, your pritzker etc. are all very popular with normies, while people think Biden is a hopeless old man (and thought Trump was an empty windbag and Obama a hollow shell). I know people here will be like "um that's a feature not a bug" but any hopes that these governors can do the impossible is a forlorn one.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2022, 11:14:23 AM »

Tell that to the GOP.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2022, 11:22:38 AM »

As I said he should not be underestimate Ryan clearly wants to be Prez in 28 not 24 and so does Newsom and Harris if Ryan doesn't win his Sen seat that leaves Newsom, he did well against Elder with Blks in Cali recall but if Ryan wins his seat all bets are off in 28, it's Harris, Buttigieg, Ryan and Newsom
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2022, 01:23:16 PM »

We've already had a gross and embarrassing president. Anything is possible in today's political climate. If people think Newsom is gross and embarrassing, well then....backachya for giving us Trump.
kwabbit

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2022, 01:28:24 PM »

Trump was unique looking. The tan and the hair were part of his brand. He wouldn’t be Trump without them and maybe he wouldn’t have been elected without them. Pritzker is just straight up one of the ugliest people I’ve seen, which isn’t gonna make him stand out in a good way.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies