SB 111-09: New Great Society Amendment (Veto Override)

<< < (18/18)

Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR):
Eleven votes already. Thank you for your votes. Now before I cast my vote on this override motion. I would like to say a few words. I don't think the president minds that his record will soon include a veto override. I would like to thank President Cao for making a stand against the lethargic voting that has at times plagued this house.

I would also like to thank former President Scott for his words on this matter too. I don't recall if I posted a similar rant when you faced this issue. I definitely know i wrote it, I may have let it time out. I believe I may have been worried it wouldn't be received well, as I think you'd already signed the bill into legislation. So my wording my have been a little stronger than it was here and decided against it.

If Atlasia is to survive it needs to make a stand against inactivity. So I thank all involved in this vote, or will be involved in this vote, this motion to override. A motion required by our own inactivity. I thank the Senate for indulging me in saying a few words on this matter and will now cast my vote.

AYE

Mr. Reactionary:
Veto is overridden 12-0-0-6.

Quote from: WD on November 03, 2022, 02:18:12 AM

New Great Society Amendment

The New Great Society Act is amended as follows regarding:

4.) Section III, subsection 2.1, of the New Great Society Act is Amended as follows:

Section 2. Monthly Universal Basic Income for Families with Children

1. Beginning in January of 2023 parents or legal guardians of persons under the age of 18 and have a disposable income of less than $70,000 shall be entitled to $2,000 monthly checks.

Passed 7-1-0-11 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Western Democrat, President Pro Tempore

Veto Overridden 12-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled.

- R, PPT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page