Iowa senate candidate Mike Franken accused of unwanted sexual advances
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 08:01:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Iowa senate candidate Mike Franken accused of unwanted sexual advances
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Iowa senate candidate Mike Franken accused of unwanted sexual advances  (Read 1037 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2022, 06:06:40 AM »

Update after reading the Des Moines register article: they properly describe the allegation as ‘assault’ not ‘unwanted kissing’, and the allegations / sequence of events laid out seem credible to me. Franken denies them wholesale and blames ‘the Republicans’ for coming after him;the police declined to file any charges.

Btw the accuser was a campaign worker who is gay and has a wife. The wife was the one who encouraged filing the original police report.

It is important to describe allegations like these accurately. ‘Unwanted kissing’ sounds like something that happened in a middle school cafeteria. ‘Assault’ is what this was, and he should be forced off the ballot by the Iowa Dems. They’ve no shot at this race anyway so what’s the point in sticking with him.

Franken should be booted off the ballot, and Iowa Democrats shouldn't be allowed to replace him. You want to win a Senate seat, don't nominate sexual assaulters.
What? Is there any indication that Iowa democrats knew about this in advance?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2022, 06:07:55 AM »

Update after reading the Des Moines register article: they properly describe the allegation as ‘assault’ not ‘unwanted kissing’, and the allegations / sequence of events laid out seem credible to me. Franken denies them wholesale and blames ‘the Republicans’ for coming after him;the police declined to file any charges.

Btw the accuser was a campaign worker who is gay and has a wife. The wife was the one who encouraged filing the original police report.

It is important to describe allegations like these accurately. ‘Unwanted kissing’ sounds like something that happened in a middle school cafeteria. ‘Assault’ is what this was, and he should be forced off the ballot by the Iowa Dems. They’ve no shot at this race anyway so what’s the point in sticking with him.

Franken should be booted off the ballot, and Iowa Democrats shouldn't be allowed to replace him. You want to win a Senate seat, don't nominate sexual assaulters.

It doesn't really matter to me if they knew or not. You don't get do-overs for nominating criminals.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2022, 06:14:49 AM »

It doesn't really matter to me if they knew or not. You don't get do-overs for nominating criminals.
Seriously? That is an insane position.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2022, 07:34:40 AM »

Why stop there? I think you shouldn't be allowed to vote unless you've done such a thorough background check on every nominee as to uncover information that isn't even public. At the very least you should be hiring a PI to investigate each candidate and everyone they've ever met
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2022, 07:55:42 AM »

Why stop there? I think you shouldn't be allowed to vote unless you've done such a thorough background check on every nominee as to uncover information that isn't even public. At the very least you should be hiring a PI to investigate each candidate and everyone they've ever met

Because being a voter requires different qualifications than being an elected official?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies