Can it happen in the future another presidential election like 1996?

(1/2) > >>

buritobr:
The 1996 US presidential election was the last one to be only the choice of a person who would occupy an office for the following 4 years.
After that, all the US presidential elections were a watershed in the history of the mankind, according to the media.
The 2000 election could be just another election like the previous ones, but there was the long battle in Florida, so it was the 1st of the sequence of the watersheds in the history of the mankind.

Is it possible another election which is just the choice of a person who would occupy an office for the following 4 years?

I know that 2024 no. 2024 will be another watershed in the history of the mankind, because of the world economic crisis, the War in Ukraine, the China vs Taiwan conflict.

And after?

TwinGeeks99:
Perhaps during another time of unprecedented and true political stability and one in which both candidates agreed on 95% of popular policies.

Ferguson97:
To clarify, you're asking when will the media/mainstream politicians stop saying that "the next election is the most important of our lives"? Literally never.

100% pro-life no matter what:
I'd argue 2012 was to a certain extent.  While people were passionate about their candidate, it felt as close to "generic presidential election" as you could think of.  Even the debates and "scandals" seem really quaint in hindsight.

OSR stands with Israel:
Quote from: Ferguson97 on September 18, 2022, 01:08:06 AM

To clarify, you're asking when will the media/mainstream politicians stop saying that "the next election is the most important of our lives"? Literally never.

Its lol worthy how the media has hyped up every election in my lifetime to be "the most important in our lives" except 2000 which they said "was not that important of an election". Ironically the one election they hyped up as not that important was arguably the most consequential election in not only my lifetime but in the post cold war era.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page