A Muslim inmate wins against strip-search conducted by a trans-man in 7 circuit (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:02:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  A Muslim inmate wins against strip-search conducted by a trans-man in 7 circuit (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Muslim inmate wins against strip-search conducted by a trans-man in 7 circuit  (Read 2292 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« on: September 17, 2022, 02:32:10 PM »
« edited: September 17, 2022, 02:48:25 PM by Death, Taxes, and Voting on Kidney Dialysis »

Well this is one way to scramble the usual culture war sniping.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 10:17:41 PM »

The far right will have to decide if they hate Muslims or transgenders more.
The far-right nowadays is divided between religious trads and wignat edgelords. The trads will absolutely side with the Muslim. The wignats... I can't tell you, they'll probably just rant about how both these people deserve to be shot.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 12:17:16 AM »

The far right will have to decide if they hate Muslims or transgenders more.
The far-right nowadays is divided between religious trads and wignat edgelords. The trads will absolutely side with the Muslim. The wignats... I can't tell you, they'll probably just rant about how both these people deserve to be shot.

I think the Muslim inmate probably loses the intra-left public opinion war (trans x are x vs. cultural relativism) and wins the intra-right public opinion war (what you're describing), all else being equal, but I guess we'll see.

It'd be different for the talking heads on cable news though. They're far-partisan, not far-ideological. I think this will largely freeze them up because they can't just mindlessly demagogue.

I do think general public opinion would side with the Muslim on this one. In Scotland a few years ago where there was a bill which included a provision that for some sort of medical thing that I assume involved genitals though I forget the details, a patient had the right to request it be done by a doctor of the same gender. Someone objected to this and put up an amendment changing gender to sex. It passed overwhelmingly including most of the SNP in support. A few SNP or Greens and Lib Dems were the only ones to oppose IIRC.

It seems that public opinion is much more supportive of the trans movement on stuff that primarily involves gender presentation than on stuff in which sex itself is directly relevant.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 08:31:07 PM »

^^^ case in point. If I had to guess which positions Sol and Fuzzy would take on this, knowing only that they would disagree, I'd have guessed that they would have taken the opposite positions.

Personally I agree that strip searches are so invasive that the person being searched ought to be allowed to make requests about things like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies