There are no truly homogenously wealthy communities in America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:20:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  There are no truly homogenously wealthy communities in America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There are no truly homogenously wealthy communities in America  (Read 1182 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« on: September 15, 2022, 11:01:40 AM »

The thread about Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket really made me think about this cause overall the median incomes of neither are particularly insane because for every celebrity who owns a huge mansion, you have like 3 essential workers who live in an old wooden shack (literally). Seriously, actually go around these communities on Google maps and either tucked away or in the densest parts of the community, you’ll find higher density lower income housing and you may be surprised.

I think the beautiful mansions and whatever can often be staples of these communities but doesn’t actually mean everyone has one. And generally a disproportionate amount of the talk here revolves around “high propensity” voters which tend to be a very small minority. In our discussions of areas where there are wealthy people, we also need to acknowledge the politics of the have nots if that makes sense.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 11:12:16 AM »

Go to Weston and reconsider this post. The Vineyard is unique because they have to have workers on the island because a commute from Hyannis would be ridiculous, but there are many parts of New England (and the South) that are indeed homogeneously wealthy.

Could you give some examples? Usually around downtowns/along highways is where you have the lower income housing and in the center of the highwyss is where the wealthy homes are.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 01:35:47 PM »

Yeah just to clarify when I say “community” I mean entire county or at least 50k folks if it’s in a denser  area. There are pockets of wealth but ig like I see people pointing all of a County such as Douglas County as wealthy and while yes it has a high median income, “poor” voters are still a large chunk of the electorate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies