If Hitler had been captured by the Allies alive, would he have been executed and when?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:27:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  If Hitler had been captured by the Allies alive, would he have been executed and when?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If Hitler had been captured by the Allies alive, would he have been executed and when?  (Read 2629 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2022, 06:41:07 PM »

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned a Jack Ruby scenario had Hitler somehow been captured alive.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2022, 10:52:05 PM »

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned a Jack Ruby scenario had Hitler somehow been captured alive.

More of a Gaddafi scenario, but certainly.

It might have actually happened to Himmler, the details of that situation are rather sketchy.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2022, 05:35:44 PM »

It might have actually happened to Himmler, the details of that situation are rather sketchy.
What makes Himmler's death sketchy? All I know is that he was in Allied custody and popped cyanide. Is there more to it?
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2022, 04:33:05 AM »

^ All I can say is that this is ridiculous, and I encourage you to learn more about the trials.  Being casually antisemitic is not the same thing as Nazi ideology.  This is the kind of revisionist thinking that had some posters on this bored claiming that the segregationist South was sympathetic to Nazi ideology even though it was the most anti-Nazi/pro-Anglo area of the country since the outbreak of war and most pro-Nazi sentiment came from isolationists in the Midwest.  If you look at the evidence used to convict the defendants, there is absolutely zero chance Hitler is acquitted.  Zero.

I'm not saying all of the defendants would be acquitted. Indeed, everyone except Hitler probably would still be convicted on all charges in this scenario.

But Hitler's own propaganda skills and way with twisting words, would be what gets him off in the end.

This is the ultimate doomer post. I congratulate you for your devotion to pointless pessimism.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2022, 11:11:17 PM »

What makes Himmler's death sketchy? All I know is that he was in Allied custody and popped cyanide. Is there more to it?

Mark Felton has a video on it as part of a series on Himmler at the end of the war. Basically the questionable aspect is the fact that he waited so long to pop the cyanide, had been searched previous and had for the most part been treated well. Felton dismisses the theory that he was beaten to death by his captors, but it was one that was circulating around for a while since not enough injuries were reported to his face to back that up.

The conspiracy types argue that the cyanide was forced into his mouth to silence any harmful information he might have about Churchill or the Royal family.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2022, 11:42:55 AM »

Mark Felton has a video on it as part of a series on Himmler at the end of the war. Basically the questionable aspect is the fact that he waited so long to pop the cyanide, had been searched previous and had for the most part been treated well. Felton dismisses the theory that he was beaten to death by his captors, but it was one that was circulating around for a while since not enough injuries were reported to his face to back that up.

The conspiracy types argue that the cyanide was forced into his mouth to silence any harmful information he might have about Churchill or the Royal family.
That's interesting. I do like the idea of Himmler getting some actual comeuppance over him weaseling out of it.

With regards to the theory about him having information, I can't imagine what information a dolt like Himmler would have over Churchill or the Royal family. Do you have any insight into what he knew allegedly?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2022, 05:16:51 PM »

That's interesting. I do like the idea of Himmler getting some actual comeuppance over him weaseling out of it.

With regards to the theory about him having information, I can't imagine what information a dolt like Himmler would have over Churchill or the Royal family. Do you have any insight into what he knew allegedly?

Rudolf Hess is probably the only person who could have realistically had any information at all, and that's more because he flew to Britain and was captured there, then any information that he actually had.

Himmler probably had no blackmail on Churchill or anyone else in Britain, nor did anyone else in Nazi Germany.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2022, 06:42:13 PM »

Rudolf Hess is probably the only person who could have realistically had any information at all, and that's more because he flew to Britain and was captured there, then any information that he actually had.

Himmler probably had no blackmail on Churchill or anyone else in Britain, nor did anyone else in Nazi Germany.
That's what I figure, but I'm curious to know what dirt the conspiracy theorists are alleging that Himmler of all people had.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2022, 09:02:57 AM »

That's what I figure, but I'm curious to know what dirt the conspiracy theorists are alleging that Himmler of all people had.

assume the stuff he would have would be in relation to the Duke of Windsor and the abdication crisis.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies