Trafalgar - AGs - Carr +8, Nessel +2, Yost +16, Henry+1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Trafalgar - AGs - Carr +8, Nessel +2, Yost +16, Henry+1
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trafalgar - AGs - Carr +8, Nessel +2, Yost +16, Henry+1  (Read 513 times)
Boobs
HCP

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2022, 04:20:58 PM »

Lol. Trafalgar really angling for the worst poll of today.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 04:21:50 PM »

TraLOLgar
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 04:33:50 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2022, 08:30:27 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

Are they trying to lose the very little credibility they have?

Edit: ok, I agree that some of these numbers are reasonable, but them having James outright losing is enough for us to completely disregard this company.
kwabbit

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 04:41:26 PM »

NY is 22 points to the right of PA, very cool!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 04:51:57 PM »

James is not losing!

The other numbers might be pretty believable though.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 04:53:04 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2022, 05:00:31 PM by Real Texan Politics »

Look I ain't saying James is gonna lose, nor do I think this poll is anywhere close to accurate, but could she be losing support among dems because of the Cuomo scandals? Like are they thinking she's some "MAGA republican in disguise" because she "made up scandals to make Cuomo resign" or something stupid like that?

I have nothing to back this up aside from so called "Cuomosexuals" on twitter, I'm just curious about this.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 04:58:31 PM »

Look I ain't saying James is gonna lose, nor do I think this poll is anywhere close to accurate, but could she be losing support among dems because of the Cuomo scandals? Like are they thinking she's some "MAGA republican in disguise" because she made up scandals to make Cuomo resign or something stupid like that?

I have nothing to back this up aside from so called "Cuomosexuals" on twitter, I'm just curious about this.

Cuomosexuals are barely existent in real-life. I wouldn't look to them as being representative of too many New Yorkers. The guy is disgraced to the average Democrat now.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 05:35:01 PM »

Look I ain't saying James is gonna lose, nor do I think this poll is anywhere close to accurate, but could she be losing support among dems because of the Cuomo scandals? Like are they thinking she's some "MAGA republican in disguise" because she made up scandals to make Cuomo resign or something stupid like that?

Cuomosexuals are barely existent in real-life. I wouldn't look to them as being representative of too many New Yorkers. The guy is disgraced to the average Democrat now.

I wouldn't think "Cuomosexuals" would be the issue; it'd be Italians, some of whom still vote Democratic in New York City (contra New Jersey).

Anyway I don't find the New York number credible. Even if I bought the idea that James was personally unpopular... who in the world is Michael Henry?

(edit: He's an attorney from Queens. He appears to have his own small practice, as opposed to Wofford, who was partner at a major white shoe Manhattan firm. And it looks like he was a surprise nomination after the favorite dropped out at the last minute.)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 05:46:25 PM »

Trafalgar may be a junk pollster but outside of New York obviously these all seem pretty reasonable?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 05:55:58 PM »

Trafalgar may be a junk pollster but outside of New York obviously these all seem pretty reasonable?

Yeah, the first three numbers look fine. Fairly encouraging for Nessel specifically that Traf would put this number out. But the contrast with the NY number is...incredibly bizarre.

But also more broadly polling this cycle has generally been quite weird; in no small part because the traditional pollsters are mostly staying out of things and a lot of the new pollsters (even when accurate) feel very Bizarro World.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 05:57:32 PM »

Does the NY poll have the same sample as their governor poll? That might explain why it's so sh**t.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 07:01:41 PM »

I believed it until I got to New York. Trafailgar!
Duke of York

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 07:10:09 PM »

That New York poll is utter garbage. There is no way James loses.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 08:00:59 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2022, 08:05:43 PM by Alben Barkley »

Trash Fail Garbage

Also: The theory that they just say whatever GOP fundraisers need in every case looks more plausible by the day. We are dealing with a pollster run by Republicans after all -- a party that has devolved into nothing but a band of degenerate liars, thieves, cheaters, fraudsters, sociopaths, and criminals. Why in the hell would anyone believe anything ever produced by a Republican is credible and legitimate and not just lies made up to give them an advantage? I think the burden of proof is on Trash Fail Garbage to prove that a single poll they've ever shat out is real before anyone serious should even consider they are telling the truth.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies