Who will be the next Republican President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:21:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Who will be the next Republican President?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will be the next Republican President?  (Read 1129 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2023, 03:56:04 PM »

I thought this would be an interesting question given the current dynamics in the GOP.

I'm going to be bold and say J.D. Vance elected in 2028 after two term of Joe Biden.  He's young, Trump approved, and a lot more presentable than say someone like Ron DeSantis.

Basically I'm expecting them to be a Trumpist with a sensible veneer.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 04:17:11 PM »

Francis X. Suarez, the current Mayor of Miami. He'll win the governorship in 2026, get re-elected in 2030, and then win in 2032 (defeating incumbent President Harris).
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 06:38:18 PM »

Matt Walsh. He'll win the Tennessee governorship in 2026 and win a contested convention following the death of Donald Trump (who runs for a fourth term [he won 2020 and 2024, by a lot!] in 2028, but dies between the primaries and the convention), proclaiming that "you shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of transgenderism". He'll defeat Vice President Harris by a few dozen votes in North Carolina, a few hundred in Nevada, and a few thousand each in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. It should be noted that Biden's approvals are below 30% at this point due to fact there's a 2008-level recession going on, but Walsh is so repugnant that he still nearly fumbles the bag.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 07:06:27 PM »

Well, at this precise moment Trump is leading primary and general polling averages, so he seems like kind of obviously the likeliest name, unfortunately.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 07:39:07 PM »

Well, at this precise moment Trump is leading primary and general polling averages, so he seems like kind of obviously the likeliest name, unfortunately.

I think the spirit of the question was "next NEW person", so Trump wouldn't count even if he wins re-election
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 07:56:53 PM »

Either Glenn Youngkin or Tim Scott in 2028, who defeats a Kamala Harris / Pete Buttigieg ticket after an okay second Biden term.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 08:49:33 PM »

Either Glenn Youngkin or Tim Scott in 2028, who defeats a Kamala Harris / Pete Buttigieg ticket after an okay second Biden term.

This though I lean heavily toward Youngkin being the nominee. DeSantis will be too damaged to mount a credible run in 2028.
Jim Crow
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 08:50:08 PM »

I'm still pulling for Trump, but if not that's a very good question.
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023, 08:58:22 PM »

This though I lean heavily toward Youngkin being the nominee. DeSantis will be too damaged to mount a credible run in 2028.

I assume you mean Scott? I didn’t mention DeSantis anywhere in that.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2023, 11:08:44 PM »

I assume you mean Scott? I didn’t mention DeSantis anywhere in that.

Nah, I meant DeSantis, who was (and by some still is) touted for 2028 in the likely event that he implodes in 2024. I forgot to add further elaboration on Scott, it's 50/50 as to whether a 2024 run damages him too much for 2028. If it doesn't, I can see him standing a good chance at it, especially because he'll still be in the Senate.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2023, 12:33:50 PM »

Donald Trump has a greater chance than any other individual, even if it's less than a 50/50 chance.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2023, 11:35:26 PM »

Still kinda bullish for Hawley, especially if Democrats try to buck the progressives when Trump is out of the picture. It has to be someone who can rebrand conservatism the way Trump did in 2016, and DeSantis' collapse seems to vindicate my theory that the base-first strategy isn't the way for Republicans to go.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2023, 12:45:31 PM »

Still kinda bullish for Hawley, especially if Democrats try to buck the progressives when Trump is out of the picture. It has to be someone who can rebrand conservatism the way Trump did in 2016, and DeSantis' collapse seems to vindicate my theory that the base-first strategy isn't the way for Republicans to go.

Do you think his involvement with Jan. 6 would have any effect on his chances?  He crossed my mind and I could see him winning the nomination, but that video of him running from the crowd seems pretty damning as far as a general election goes.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2023, 01:08:24 PM »

Do you think his involvement with Jan. 6 would have any effect on his chances?  He crossed my mind and I could see him winning the nomination, but that video of him running from the crowd seems pretty damning as far as a general election goes.

That's the one thing that gives me pause with Hawley, but I could see the political atmosphere of 2028 looking like 2016 in that "Vote Blue No Matter Who" can't last forever and there could be a Republican candidate who addresses the problems of the day that a coronated third-term Democrat really can't without making the incumbent administration look bad. By then, especially with Trump probably out of the picture, the "we have to save our democracy" angle might come off as played-out melodrama and January 6 will be seen more as a boomer tantrum that was never a serious threat anyway.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2023, 09:10:43 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2023, 09:20:27 AM by TodayJunior »

Someone who currently does not exist in the political sphere. We’re entering into a progressive era. Until the gop gets dragged kicking and screaming into this current timeline a la Eisenhower (after 24 years of not having the WH), Dems will continue to dominate and the gop will capitulate and accept the L streaks. Why?

Exhibit A: The gop establishment hates its own base (and the feeling is mutual). The gop of tomorrow is todays Dems. There’s no appetite for what they’re selling the public currently.

Exhibit B: the rust belt trifecta is reverting back to its blue wall status without being offset by any counterweight to trend R.
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2023, 01:07:31 PM »

GLENN YOUNGKIN
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2023, 01:37:17 PM »

I have a hard time imagining any current prominent Republican winning a future nomination and then getting elected (besides Trump)

Out of the available options I'd say Hawley, especially because of how young he is.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2023, 08:13:22 PM »

Dan Crenshaw
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2023, 08:36:51 PM »

The frontrunner right now is likely DeSantis.

He has a shot in 2024, but is also a potential contender for a few cycles.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies