Atlasian Public Acts - Publication of the Game Engine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:31:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Public Acts - Publication of the Game Engine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Atlasian Public Acts - Publication of the Game Engine  (Read 11164 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2023, 02:58:46 PM »

Is this really what would have happened? Some of these stories stretch my suspension of disblief.

Become a GM, then.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2023, 03:02:41 PM »

Is this really what would have happened? Some of these stories stretch my suspension of disblief.

Why? Because you personally dont like the South?
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2023, 03:36:50 PM »

Same here. It's totally unrealistic and the foundations were not laid well at all. But the mods have spoken
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2023, 03:59:41 PM »

Same here. It's totally unrealistic and the foundations were not laid well at all. But the mods have spoken
Regardless of the personal beliefs of the GM team it would be unrealistic for people to vote against such a large stipend, snowmobiles, and housing. Whether current and future developments will cause a change in viewpoints will be seen.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2023, 05:00:53 PM »

Regardless of the personal beliefs of the GM team it would be unrealistic for people to vote against such a large stipend, snowmobiles, and housing. Whether current and future developments will cause a change in viewpoints will be seen.

You think it’s completely unrealistic for people to vote against becoming part of a completely separate country they have no cultural connection to and don’t even use the operative language of, simply because they are being offered snowmobiles?

It’s actually comical. This GM team’s idea of ‘realism’ is to unilaterally declare that Ukrainians are Nazis and Greenlanders are dying to be colonized by Atlasia. One year ago, a proposed deal involving Taiwan was considered so unrealistic that we created emergency powers to reverse those edicts (powers which, since then, have already been flagrantly abused for the sake of convenience). But we’re supposed to be okay with this?

For years, this game had Game Moderators who went to great lengths to ensure foreign policy in this game was a realistic, playable simulation. I don’t know why the current team insists on repeatedly spitting in the face of their legacy.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2023, 05:12:38 PM »

You think it’s completely unrealistic for people to vote against becoming part of a completely separate country they have no cultural connection to and don’t even use the operative language of, simply because they are being offered snowmobiles?

It’s actually comical. This GM team’s idea of ‘realism’ is to unilaterally declare that Ukrainians are Nazis and Greenlanders are dying to be colonized by Atlasia. One year ago, a proposed deal involving Taiwan was considered so unrealistic that we created emergency powers to reverse those edicts (powers which, since then, have already been flagrantly abused for the sake of convenience). But we’re supposed to be okay with this?

For years, this game had Game Moderators who went to great lengths to ensure foreign policy in this game was a realistic, playable simulation. I don’t know why the current team insists on repeatedly spitting in the face of their legacy.

I seem to recall, that when I was on the GM Team writing the Ukrainan Army was ignoring those orders, and implying that Russia was doing just as bad.

And for the record, the Greenland debacle is why I left the GM Team. That was a bridge too far, and YT's badgering pushed me over the edge.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2023, 05:38:29 PM »

Do you even know what you're talking about? All that was done was undo a mistake we made regarding a story that was impossible to happen since the NPC legislators were no longer in office. That was a mistake on our part and especially mine since I wrote said story, and I owned up to that and led the effort to undo the mistake. The Ukraine story as NYE said had them repeal that act and the point was to make the situation more interesting because there were no clearly defined "good guys".

You can disagree on Greenland, but fact is that average people are swayed by promises of money. I haven't been in favor of it pretty much since it was first proposed. You can ask YT about that. When he first messaged me about that I immediately said no and blocked him at the time. But I can't ignore the way normal people behave, in order to push something I believe. To do so would be a dereliction of my duty as GM to remain as impartial as possible. Doing such things is how we get issues like the Taiwan debacle.

I will say the current turmoil going on in Atlasia over this issue will effect this and other foreign policy issues, and we will strive to remain as realistic as we can with this.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2023, 06:10:42 PM »

Sometimes, people do have different ideas of what is and isn’t realistic. The South did offer every material thing that Greenlanders are seeking according to many polls. Whether that alone is enough id it’s own debate, we chose one side but understand your skepticism. I will say…if something seems off and weird though…maybe there is a deeper reason for it as well.

Stay tuned.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2023, 06:16:34 PM »

Sometimes, people do have different ideas of what is and isn’t realistic. The South did offer every material thing that Greenlanders are seeking according to many polls. Whether that alone is enough id it’s own debate, we chose one side but understand your skepticism. I will say…if something seems off and weird though…maybe there is a deeper reason for it as well.

Stay tuned.

Well, you see, it isn't realistic for anything to happen unless it's the South being completely razed to the ground through the divine will of God, with every man, woman, and child being killed and every conservative in the country, meanwhile, spontaneously bursting into flames.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2023, 06:26:49 PM »

Wow y’all really should have let me mercy kill the game lol
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2023, 06:33:43 PM »

Stay tuned.

Well, you see, it isn't realistic for anything to happen unless it's the South being completely razed to the ground through the divine will of God, with every man, woman, and child being killed and every conservative in the country, meanwhile, spontaneously bursting into flames.

Remind me never to vote for you again.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2023, 06:35:05 PM »

Wow y’all really should have let me mercy kill the game lol

What you (and Labor) were doing with the Kansas Crisis was definitely not a mercy killing.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2023, 06:52:21 PM »

Greenland is 90% Inuit and officially uses the native language, with English being recognized on the same level as Danish. Why would the population be particularly loyal to Denmark?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2023, 07:18:15 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2023, 07:22:27 PM by West_Midlander »

Stay tuned.

My comment was in defense of the GM Team? It was a sarcastic comment about what Labor would consider fair.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2023, 07:22:37 PM »

Stay tuned.

My comment was in defense of the GM Team?
Sarcasm/Joking is hard for some people to detect online, hence why /s and /j have become popular in recent years. I understood what you meant but he might not have
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2023, 07:51:52 PM »

Stay tuned.

It is funny to see the "as an unemployed leftwing liberal pro gressive, I of course would turn down $80K, a 20% annual raise, a free house and vehicle, and more autonomy than I currently have if it means drilling icky dirty oil by icky southerners who arent in Philcord" responses to this as though human nature and game theory havent been considered.

The offer is better for the vast majority of Greenlanders than the status quo or independence. Rational actors would choose the option if you dont view them through the racist lens of the "noble savage".
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2023, 08:53:28 PM »

It is funny to see the "as an unemployed leftwing liberal pro gressive, I of course would turn down $80K, a 20% annual raise, a free house and vehicle, and more autonomy than I currently have if it means drilling icky dirty oil by icky southerners who arent in Philcord" responses to this as though human nature and game theory havent been considered.

The offer is better for the vast majority of Greenlanders than the status quo or independence. Rational actors would choose the option if you dont view them through the racist lens of the "noble savage".

This is stupid. We are to believe that rational actors would choose to forgo all rights of self-determination and put themselves entirely at the mercy of a successor state to the country that has, over three centuries, made countless such promises to native populations to this continent and reneged on nearly all of them?

More to the point, it looks like the game moderation team along with certain members of the government have made the decision to revive Manifest Destiny was initiated and completed within one month with essentially no discussion. I’m aware that this game is run entirely on discord now, but I would think this kind of massive change would warrant at least one thread. But I guess Maoist shadow government is the best we can hope for these days.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2023, 08:55:55 PM »

This is stupid. We are to believe that rational actors would choose to forgo all rights of self-determination and put themselves entirely at the mercy of a successor state to the country that has, over three centuries, made countless such promises to native populations to this continent and reneged on nearly all of them?

More to the point, it looks like the game moderation team along with certain members of the government have made the decision to revive Manifest Destiny was initiated and completed within one month with essentially no discussion. I’m aware that this game is run entirely on discord now, but I would think this kind of massive change would warrant at least one thread. But I guess Maoist shadow government is the best we can hope for these days.

there is actually a point to your latter assertion and Forumlurker and I have been spending the evening drafting a solution.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2023, 09:10:35 PM »

GM Team Directive #1
Due to concerns by the body over the possibility of future functionality due to the Discordification of internal processes and private DM messaging, the GM Team has unanimously decided to specify our input policies for official purposes.
1. Any member of the Atlasian public, whether elected or not, may input into the GM Team Atlas thread
2. Any elected official may request to simulate private negotiations with NPC entities but MUST do so in the GM Team Atlas thread.
3. All requested private negotiations will involve every member of the GM Team.
4. Circumstances involving confidential information held by the Secretary of State or the National Security Board will not be subject to section
5. Any inputs or requests on a GM process/decision that do not follow the above guidelines will be ignored.
6. GM Team members are permitted to engage in public discussion outside of the GM Team thread, but such discussion may not impact behavior to the extent possible within the Team.
7. Private discussion on Atlasian events that do not involve immediate GM activities is permitted, however also must not impact behavior to the extent possible within the GM Team.
8. The GM Team reaffirms that it is not an advisory role, and any attempts to garner advice on how to obtain a specific goal from a GM Team Member will be publicly released on this thread.
9. All former procedures and customs that come into conflict with the above terms are not to be followed in the future.
10. These established guidelines are to take place immediately upon public release. Additionally, all current negotiations and conversations are also subject to the above terms.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2023, 09:12:27 PM »

GM Team Directive #1
Due to concerns by the body over the possibility of future functionality due to the Discordification of internal processes and private DM messaging, the GM Team has unanimously decided to specify our input policies for official purposes.
1. Any member of the Atlasian public, whether elected or not, may input into the GM Team Atlas thread
2. Any elected official may request to simulate private negotiations with NPC entities but MUST do so in the GM Team Atlas thread.
3. All requested private negotiations will involve every member of the GM Team.
4. Circumstances involving confidential information held by the Secretary of State or the National Security Board will not be subject to section
5. Any inputs or requests on a GM process/decision that do not follow the above guidelines will be ignored.
6. GM Team members are permitted to engage in public discussion outside of the GM Team thread, but such discussion may not impact behavior to the extent possible within the Team.
7. Private discussion on Atlasian events that do not involve immediate GM activities is permitted, however also must not impact behavior to the extent possible within the GM Team.
8. The GM Team reaffirms that it is not an advisory role, and any attempts to garner advice on how to obtain a specific goal from a GM Team Member will be publicly released on this thread.
9. All former procedures and customs that come into conflict with the above terms are not to be followed in the future.
10. These established guidelines are to take place immediately upon public release. Additionally, all current negotiations and conversations are also subject to the above terms.
confirming the team has unanimously agreed to this.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2023, 09:13:53 PM »

As a former GM Team member, I can say that I would have gladly supported these changes to procedure.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2023, 09:23:11 PM »

Half their income is a subsidy from the Danish government. Half. If they go independent they lose all of that and are 50% poorer. We made them way richer and gave them the same autonomy. This is literally better than the status quo; they get $80K, a 20% raise, and a house and vehicle. And it is better than independence in that, again, they get a raise rather than a 50% cut. They get the best of both worlds literally upfront. They get autonomy without sacrificing money and the money was paid, up front. No waiting period. We even funded their annual subsidy 5 years in advance into a trust fund. They dont have to worry about securing finance. They dont have to worry about funding infrastructure. They get literally what the polls say they want.

But yes, muh pro gressive derping about muhnifest destiny noble savage white guilt is going convince rational humans to voluntarily be poor by name calling the GMs. The people voted and want the free money with no strings. Most people rationally would. Independence only benefits them if they drill themselves, secure financing and infrastructure themselves, and all abandon their culture and get jobs to support the 50% cut to their income.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2023, 09:45:20 PM »

Half their income is a subsidy from the Danish government. Half. If they go independent they lose all of that and are 50% poorer. We made them way richer and gave them the same autonomy. This is literally better than the status quo; they get $80K, a 20% raise, and a house and vehicle. And it is better than independence in that, again, they get a raise rather than a 50% cut. They get the best of both worlds literally upfront. They get autonomy without sacrificing money and the money was paid, up front. No waiting period. We even funded their annual subsidy 5 years in advance into a trust fund. They dont have to worry about securing finance. They dont have to worry about funding infrastructure. They get literally what the polls say they want.

But yes, muh pro gressive derping about muhnifest destiny noble savage white guilt is going convince rational humans to voluntarily be poor by name calling the GMs. The people voted and want the free money with no strings. Most people rationally would. Independence only benefits them if they drill themselves, secure financing and infrastructure themselves, and all abandon their culture and get jobs to support the 50% cut to their income.

You make arguments that sound like this for every single policy. "Just because I support this means that all rational people must also support it". We are to believe that every single policy you support also enjoys comfortable majority support?

But anyway, whatever. If you all want to keep running this game into the ground you are free to proceed as you please. Kind of astonishing how much you've managed to destroy in the last eight months.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2023, 10:03:10 PM »

You make arguments that sound like this for every single policy. "Just because I support this means that all rational people must also support it". We are to believe that every single policy you support also enjoys comfortable majority support?

But anyway, whatever. If you all want to keep running this game into the ground you are free to proceed as you please. Kind of astonishing how much you've managed to destroy in the last eight months.

Such an objective supreme court justice.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2023, 10:08:25 PM »

Such an objective supreme court justice.

Fairly sure I'm still allowed to have opinions on the state of the game. When have I ever said anything about any legal issues? It's not like I'm arguing any legislative policy or anything here.

The game now has gone to sh**t. I don't think literally anyone would dispute that. And it's the cumulative fault of almost everyone involved.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies