2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:58:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: 2025-29 -A Blank Canvas  (Read 16013 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2022, 04:28:35 PM »

@President Stanton,
Looks like our friend @SaintStan86 had some Crystal Ball in his hand: Senator Ben Sasse is resigning to take Education Post. In this time he will be Secretary of Education in our Administration. In the OTL he will become the President of Florida University.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2022, 07:21:37 PM »

Seems so @2016, what does it say, that art imitates life and vice versa. The Asia Pacific Treaty Organization (APTO) already exists.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #302 on: October 06, 2022, 07:39:11 PM »

@President Stanton,
By my calculations it's going to take some 2 1/2 to 3 Weeks before the Nimitz Carrier Group arrives in the Sea of Japan and we probably need some F117-A Nighthawks Stealth Jets.
Once everything is in place the simplest way to prevent any further missile launches or attacks is to disarm North Koreas Mobile Launch Platforms.

We can't trust China!

What do you think?
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2022, 08:08:22 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 12:49:42 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

You are on the money there @2016, that takes us up to around April 17. So sometime around then, DeSantis will issue the order whatever to implement whatever plan that the NSC have agreed on.
The options likely
  • Sanctions
: Not effective
  • Covert Ops
: Unlikely as HUMINT not available
  • [Surgical Air Strikes: Drone & Stealth Aircraft
    • Combo Surgical Strikes & Cyber Attacks.
      Also it might behoove the administration to find out if Iran is financing the enrichment program. If North Korea's efforts are that advanced.

One of the many possible targets in North Korea that might be hit

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2022, 08:59:47 PM »

You are on the money there @2016, that takes us up to around April 17. So sometime around then, DeSantis will issue the order whatever to implement whatever plan that the NSC have agreed on.
The options likely
  • Sanctions
  • Covert Ops
      Also it might behoove the administration to find out if Iran is financing the enrichment program. If North Korea's efforts are that advanced.

I can't see why Iran would care about North Korea's nuclear program.

FYI, if DeSantis decided to just drop a nuke on Pyongyang, probably only the very hard left, and maybe some countries unaffected by North Korea's actions (probably those in Europe) would care at all. Maybe there'd be scattered protests about a nuke being used, or the civilian lives lost, but most, at least in America would accept DeSantis's decision, and he'd become the most popular person in Japan, at least temporarily.
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -1.22

P
« Reply #305 on: October 06, 2022, 09:41:01 PM »

@President Stanton,
Looks like our friend @SaintStan86 had some Crystal Ball in his hand: Senator Ben Sasse is resigning to take Education Post. In this time he will be Secretary of Education in our Administration. In the OTL he will become the President of Florida University.
And just like that, his chances of becoming Education Secretary shot up significantly. Another "Florida Man" in the DeSantis camp! Who Can Trump That?

DeSantis's "Lean Mean Fighting Machine", in this TL meanwhile, is getting its first merry-go-round because Lil' Kim wanted to play fire with Japan...No word yet on where Dennis Rodman stands...assuming he's not busted doing coke on South Beach.

Oh wait, that was Andrew Gillum. Never mind...
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2022, 03:50:25 AM »

The options likely
  • Sanctions
  • Covert Ops

I can't see why Iran would care about North Korea's nuclear program.

FYI, if DeSantis decided to just drop a nuke on Pyongyang, probably only the very hard left, and maybe some countries unaffected by North Korea's actions (probably those in Europe) would care at all. Maybe there'd be scattered protests about a nuke being used, or the civilian lives lost, but most, at least in America would accept DeSantis's decision, and he'd become the most popular person in Japan, at least temporarily.
@NewYorkExpress, Iran as we all know has been trying to acquire the tools to successfully manufacture a nuclear weapons program; I could suggest this scenario, Iran and North Korea may have been collaborating for year's; North Korea has had what Iran hasn't had, a very closed society to do stuff pretty much undetected. North Korea has been playing the "shell game" with the west for age's, also Iran has resources which North Korea has. So in this TL, as in the OTL taking Iran out, is not an option for any President, North Korea is a far different case and so DeSantis might have very little choice, he has to totally incapicate or destroy North Korea's capability to be in the position of being able to what they are doing or trying to do. It's a win-win for him, he demonstrates to China or any other tin pot tyrant who is watching, "Don't mess with us, or we will  you up!". Taking out North Korea sends a pretty powerful message, one which neither Putin, Xi Jinping or the Ayatollah's. (though in the case of Iran, as we all can see, regime change might be around the corner, considering the protests). So DeSantis might as well do what he has to do, and get stuff sorted, so he can get back to Border security, voter ID and immigration reform. Its his ticket to ride as far as 2026 and 2028 goes.The North Korea thing might not be as hopless as we thought, he orders punitive Strikes and basically Kim Jong-Un had been brought out to the proverbial "wood-shed", now with the "stick" approach applied, then the "carrot" approach can be used. Kim just needs a powerful incentive to start playing nice and once he knows and understands that, and knows nuclear weapons are out, but a economic aid package and other pieces of "candy" are available. Then progress is possible. DeSantis needs to employ the old Reagan maxim, "trust but verify". Once DeSantis has shown his "big man trousers" fit, and can "talk softly, but carries a big nasty stick", then everything will settle down.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2022, 04:06:14 AM »

@2016, I think DeSantis needs to allow those players in Washington, know that something is in the works and by the time the Nimitz group is in place,  what ever he has planned, then it's a go. In the meantime, once the Reagan group is where he needs it to be, I'd order a few hits, mayhe a bunker buster and get some U-2s in to do some some reconnaissance and get some data to find what Kim is really up to.
He has two options, first one is to take out North Korea's mobile launch platforms, permanently or option two, regime change! I'd go for option one, as it's more practical and doable. The second option in a normative and ideal situation and preferable. Once North Korea is done with, then I'd rotate the carrier groups near Taiwan on a permanent basis, just to keep Xi honest.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2022, 09:08:46 AM »

@New York Express,
President DeSantis ain't going to drop a Nuke on North Korea. What needs to be done is disarm NK Mobile Launchers and its long-range ballistic missile program. May I remind you that some of these missiles NK posseses can reach GUAM, which is US Territory.
And this attack on Japan was very different compared to previous launches when the missliles would just splash into the sea given it missed the Yakota Air Base by just a hair. This was done on purpose.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2022, 09:13:46 AM »

@2016, I think DeSantis needs to allow those players in Washington, know that something is in the works and by the time the Nimitz group is in place,  what ever he has planned, then it's a go. In the meantime, once the Reagan group is where he needs it to be, I'd order a few hits, mayhe a bunker buster and get some U-2s in to do some some reconnaissance and get some data to find what Kim is really up to.
He has two options, first one is to take out North Korea's mobile launch platforms, permanently or option two, regime change! I'd go for option one, as it's more practical and doable. The second option in a normative and ideal situation and preferable. Once North Korea is done with, then I'd rotate the carrier groups near Taiwan on a permanent basis, just to keep Xi honest.
DeSantis needs to wait until Congress passes a Resolution authorizing him to use Millitary Force against NK. That Resolution is probably in the works already given the unity Cornyn and Schumer showed and it will probably likely pass with overwheming Majorities in Congress.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2022, 09:54:45 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 02:10:52 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

@2016, Such a resolution could be called the THE YOKOTA RESOLUTION , a fitting epitaph for the hell that will likely rain down on Kim Jong-Un.

THURSDAY MARCH 27 2025: VICE PRESIDENT HALEY ARRIVES IN INDIA, AND WILL MEET WITH Prime Minister SHRI NARENDA MODI : On Thursday, Air Force Two, flew into Indira Ghandhi International Airport . After her arrival Vice President Haley and her party met with the Indian Prime Minister, and during lunch, the topics covered ongoing tensions with China, North Korea's missile attack on Japan. In a dramatic departure from India's preferred non-aligned status, Modi , stated that the United States will have India's unwavering support in what ever kind of response the United States has planned.

Vice President Haley , held a press conference at the conclusion of her nearly two day visit to India. The Vice President, indicated "...that the United States is grateful for the assurances from India, regarding any action that the United States decides to take against North Korea, I also want to know that the Prime Minister, will be announcing that India will make a formal application to join the Pacific Treaty Organization", when responding to a question from Fox's own Jacqui Heinrich .

SATURDAY MARCH 29 2025: VICE PRESIDENT HALEY DEPARTS INDIA FOR A STOPOVER VISIT TO SINGAPORE: Early Saturday Morning, Air Force Two departed Indira Gandhi International Air Port for Singapore, the journey took approximately 5 hours and 35 minutes.
Upon arrival at Singapore's Changi Airport, Haley met with Singapore Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong

SUNDAY MARCH 30 2025: VICE PRESIDENT HALEY FLIES INTO SYDNEY Air Force Two, finally landed at Sydney's Kingsford Smith International Airport, following a 10 hour, 15 minute flight. The Vice President is scheduled to meet with current Australian Prime Minister, Tony Albanese and other government officials. Albanese, already has announced that Australia will apply for membership of the PACIFIC TREATY ORGANIZATION (PTO) and has been the most vocal in his condemnation of North Koreas's missile attack on Japan, and remarked, "... for such an act, not to face consequences, sends a very bad signal to those who share the values of freedom and democracy, and those who don't!"
For her part, Haley responded, "...Both the people of Australia and the United States are on the same page in our shared revulsion at what occurred last week, enough said!".

HALEY SITS DOWN FOR A SECOND INTERVIEW WITH SHANNON BREAM, ON FOX NEWS SUNDAY
Junior Chimp

« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2022, 01:13:12 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 05:34:25 PM by 2016 »

THE VICE PRESIDENTS DIPLOMATIC TRIP
PART 3 (March 30-31 2025)

THE VICE PRESIDENTS AUSTRALIA VISIT

Vice President of the United States
Nikki Haley

Source: Wikimedia Commons
Author: United States Department of State

SUNDAY/MONDAY MARCH 30/31 2025
VP HALEY ARRIVES IN AUSTRALIA, HER FINAL STOP OF THE 9-COUNTRY DIPLOMATIC TOUR WHICH STARTED AS A NORMAL TRIP BUT TURNED OUT ANYTHING BUT; HALEY IS EXPECTED TO MAKE STOPS IN SYDNEY & CANBERRA AND MEET WITH AUSTRALIA PRIME MINISTER ANTHONY ALBANESE AS WELL AS AUSTRALIAN DEFENSE & FOREIGN MINISTERS; ALBANESE ALREADY HAS SENT OUT AN INVITATION TO HALEY & HER TEAM TO SPEAK BEFORE THE AUSTRALIAN PARLIAMENT ON MONDAY MARCH 31 2025 BEFORE DEPARTING FOR HONOLULU, HAWAII
US Vice President NIKKI HALEY arrived in Sydney, Australia today. She will stay for two Days after getting a rousing reception near Sydney's Kingsford Smith International Airport were Camera Teams saw a lot of Australians waving Australian, United States and Japanese Flags. Later in the Day she met with Australias Prime Minister Anthony Albanese where he affirmed Australias Committment to the US Response "Whatever the US Govtm. deems neccessary we will be there for them". Albanese strongly condemed the North Korean Attack on Japan as he has been for the last 7 Days.

On Monday March 31 2025 VP Haley met with Australia Prime Minister in the Prime Ministers Office in Canberra, Australia Capital Territory.

Australia News Organizations such as ABC Australia, Channel Seven & Channel Nine say that they will air Recorded Version of the Vice Presidents Interview with American Newscaster FOX NEWS on their Primetime News Programms.

JUST IN...

Vice President Press Secretary Hope Hicks:„Vice President NIKKI HALEY to deliver Foreign Policy Remarks either at the Hickam Air Force Base or in Pearl Harbour while in Hawaii“

The 2nd Part of FOX NEWS SUNDAY'S EXCUSIVE INTERVIEW with Vice President Haley by Host Shannon Bream will be aired on the FOX NEWS CHANNEL this Sunday March 30 2025 from inside the famous Sydney Opera House
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2022, 04:35:15 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 07:55:40 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

SUNDAY MARCH 30 2025

Hi, this Fox News Sunday and I am Shannon Bream and welcome to Fox News Sunday wherever you are. Two weeks ago I sat down with Vice President [/Nikki Haley b] for an interview and she agreed to do a second interview and here we are at the Sydney Opera House in balmy Australia.
Madam Vice President for the last ten day's you have been on a tour of Asia, what has been your impression during your time on the road?
Haley: Hi Shannon, so here we are in Australia, the last ten day's have been a learning experience, for me and for others who travelled with me. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my staff and the secret service agents who travelled with me, but yes Shannon, this entire journey has been a learning experience, by visiting Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Singapore andfinally here, Australia.

I think what I understand, is that all the countries I visited are in the process of developing into the modern vibrant societies who are embracing the ideals of democracy and freedom, some countries such as Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand and India are further along in the process, but those other countries we have visited are catching up.
Bream : What was your impression about the countries you visited.
Haley : They have a vibrant and diverse culture which they look to inform them on the kinds of decisions they make daily.
Bream : Your visit to Indonesia, was a pivotal moment, you've said this to me, while flying here to Australia, why?
Haley : Well Shannon, what occurred a week ago, with the missile attack on Japan by North Korea was a learning curve for all of us. During my discussions with the Indonesian President Joko Widodo, he made a good reference point to the role that NATO plays, especially in the light of Russia's invasion of Ukraine over 3 years ago, the President suggested the formation of a similar defensive organization for the Pacific and Asian region,  and I agreed him wholeheartedly, so when we return to Washington, we will formulate a plan for the establishment of the Pacific Treaty Organization and all countries who wish to join, can join. I think the best starting point is to use the NATO template for the PTO. I would like to add this Shannon, the United States is encouraged that Australia will be also applying to join the Pacific Treaty Organization, and as the Prime Minister made clear earlier, is that Australia and the United States are on the same page with regards to what occurred last week; So North Korea shouldn't be under any illusions are position.
Bream : You referred to North Korea's attack on Japan, has the president made any decision on a response to North Korea's action?
Haley : He is weighing all options, by ordering the Deployment of both the Reagan carrier group along with the Nimitz group, I think the president is transmitting message not only to our allies, but our adversaries as well.
Bream : Many would consider the deployment
of two carrier groups to the Sea of Japan as highly provocative, in China's News Agency condemned your administration's decision.
Haley : Well they would, especially when it becomes clear we are going to ensure that the security interests of our Asian allies. But what Beijing and Pyongyang need to understand, our patience has been tested, but unfortunately it's only limited and North Korean deliberate and unprovoked attack on Japan, informed us, that decisive action was necessary.
Bream : It is understood that you and the President have been in daily contact, sometimes twice a day since the your trip began, but those contacts can be upto three times a day. Are you at liberty to share with us the nature of the calls.
Haley : My discussions with the President are confidential, but what I will say this, he does ask me about the countries I have visited, and I try to share a flavor of those countries, the food, culture and of course the people. In fact he told me this, "Tell them I will come to visit as well, got to try out the Asian experience!" (Gentle Laughter)
Bream : In recent weeks there has been suggestions that the President might meet with Kim Jong-Un, do you expect any kind of meeting?
Haley : No, not as things stand, North Korea needs to halt there Nuclear weapons program and allow for an exhaustive verification process in which they can demonstrate to the international community that they no longer will invest in something which the United States cannot and will not allow. Kim Jong needs to understand this fact and accept. There will be preconditions for a normalization of relations between our two countries.
Bream : Can North Korea be trusted?:
Haley : I think the best policy is the old Russian saying, Doveryai, no proveryai,  it means "Trust, but verify", it was an old maxim
used by Ronald Reagan and proved to be effective, so we will trust North Korea when it comes to actions and not words.
Bream : What impressed you most about those countries you have visited?
Haley : I think all of these countries understand the need for cooperation, particularly in security, especially in light of the events which occurred a week ago and there's a keen awareness that vigilance is the best policy, and I believe that President Widodo keenly appreciates this and his proposal for the establishment of a military treaty organization is the only guarantee for peace and security in the Pacific region.
Bream : A month ago the President stated that Taiwan would be and is recognized as an independent and sovereign country, and as such, it means a Two-China policy is intact. Why wasn't Taiwan not included in your itinerary? Wouldn't it sent a strong statement to Beijing, that Taiwan is not part of the people's Republic?
Haley : It was considered, but after conversations with those intimately familiar with China's own psychology on Taiwan, we concluded that such a visit would be seen as not only highly provocative, but as an insult to the Beijing regime. I called the President of Taiwan and explained the difficulties that such a visit would create. You remember Shannon, in August of 2022, when the then Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi visited Taiwan and how tensions were inflamed, so we didn't want a repeat of what then occurred.
Bream : Many of the leaders of the countries you visited, was dealing with them a learning curve?
Haley : Not so Shannon, I know many of them from meetings I had with them when I was at the United Nations, but I got the impression, in as much that we all know each other, they were trying to assess what kind of relationship there would be, between the United States under a DeSantis-Haley administration, I think by visiting the region any doubts they may have had, no longer exist.
Bream : Madam Vice President, thank you for your time and please join us again.
Haley: My pleasure, Shannon.
Bream : Well, the last 10 days for me and others on the Fox News team travelling with the Vice President, has been an experience, one in which we learned about the different countries and cultures within each, my one abiding memory, was when we were in Delhi, the Vice President was with children many on the margins of society and many orphaned, you could see that the Vice President's connecting with the people who lived in the same land where her ancestors came from.
(Video clip).
Bream : From what I saw then, tells me, that we all are in ways connected and wherever it is, we might want to go back there. One final
note, I would like to thank Bret Baier for sitting in for me, until next week, this is Shannon Bream from Fox News in Australia.

NEXT TO CANBERRA, THEN THE JOURNEY HOME

MONDAY MARCH 31 2025

Vice President Nikki Haley and Australian Prime Minister, Anthony Albanese at Prime Minister's Office, in Canberra.

EXCERPTS FROM NBC'S MEET THE PRESS,  FOR SUNDAY MARCH 30

ANNOUNCER:
From NBC News in Washington, the longest running  show in television history. This is Meet The Press with Chuck Todd.

Good Sunday morning, and Spring is almost upon us, but from what occurred a week ago, probably gave many of us chills, and talk about those events, I have with me, the Senate Majority leader, Senator John Cornyn and the Minority Leader, Senator Chuck Schumer , welcome to the show gentleman.

Cornyn : Thanks for having us Chuck
Schumer: Good to be here, Chuck.
Todd : We have a lot to get through, but let's start with the Missile attack on Yokota in Japan by North Korea, as we all know there has been terrible loss of life and the the numbers keep rising, not to mention to the devastating structural damage, your thoughts gentlemen, you first Senator  Cornyn
Cornyn : What we witnessed a week ago, makes it clear and how everyone should understand that North Korea's efforts to acquire weapons with nuclear capacity, have been distracting, now we see what Kim Jong-Un obsession can lead. So we must make sure that is doesn't occur again.
Schumer : I agree with John, imagine if you will if this missile was nuclear, could you imagine what would have occurred, the loss of life and the after effects would have catastrophic, also Yokota is in close proximity to Yokota Air Base.
The last time where nuclear weapons were used, occurred nearly 80 years ago, so another Nagasaki or Hiroshima must not be allowed again.
Todd : Senator's you are pushing for passage of congressional Resolution, to give the President full authorization to commence military operations against North Korea at the earliest possibility. When do you expect such a resolution to be passed?
Cornyn , both the Minority Leader and myself will plan to hold a vote within the next week and I know Speaker  Scalise and Leader Jeffries are working on language so the House will be holding a vote, a day before or after. Also it should be noted  that we have named the resolution in honor of Yokota, as we cannot be allowed to forget what occurred or could have occurred.
Todd : You had meetings with the President last Monday, and we both know both the Reagan  and Nimitz carrier group's are moving to the Sea of Japan, So has the president given an indication on what kind of timeline are we looking at?
Schumer : No one can be sure, but I can imagine as soon as the Nimitz carrier group arrives, then it's a matter of time. One thing we all know, is that not doing anything, means we don't take seriously North Korea's ambitions and surely after 30 years, it's time to make North Korea understand that they can't possess offensive nuclear weapons, its that clear and what happened last Sunday, I think is the wake up call we needed.
Todd : News came out of Jakarta within the last few day's, that the Indonesian President, Joko Widodo and Vice President Nikki Haley  worked out a formula modelled on the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, only this version will be known as the Pacific Treaty Organization. Your thoughts?
Cornyn: It is an innovative proposal and ensures there will be a security arrangement in place for the Pacific and Asian region. I think its acceptable that China longer has influence or is willing to exercise influence over North Korea regarding her Nuclear ambitions.
Schumer: Chuck  if this were to be the case and considering how China covets Taiwan, a Pacific Treaty Organization is the only sensible solution to deterring either China and North Korea. These are two actors who have provided the world with ample evidence that they are not to be trusted.
Todd : We need to discuss other matters, most notably the Voter ID law proposal that the President is advocating, you are on complete opposite sides on this gentleman,  in contrast to the other matter we just discussed, could you outline why you disagree gentleman, I will start with you...
(Switch channels)
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2022, 08:45:10 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2022, 09:18:31 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

TUESDAY APRIL 1 2025

VICE PRESIDENT HALEY RETURNS TO U.S. After 10 hours and 57 minutes in the Air, Air Force Two touched down at Hickam Air Force Base and will remain in Honolulu for 1 day, before returning to Washington. While in Hawaii, the Vice President is likely to go to Pearl Harbor, to remember the victims of another surprise attack. She is expected to deliver remarks before returning to Hickam.
Having concluded a 11 day trip to Asia , a trip punctuated by a Missile attack by North Korea on Japan, a trip which has only strengthened U.S. ties with most if not all countries she visited. Ironically it was an act of aggression by a totalitarian regime that has strengthened the sense of solidarity that now exists and possibly made the Vice President's task that bit more easier.
Haley may have been midwife to the most consequential treaty arrangement since the inception of NATO in 1949. The Vice President's role within the administration as a key player is cemented and President DeSantis has good reason to be pleased in selecting Haley as his choice for Vice President.
"I think Haley and the President have formulated a partnership that resembles those established by Bush-Cheney and of course Obama-Biden , it's hardly surprising that she (Haley) has been in the room, when the President has decisions to make.." Remarked Scott Jennings political analyst, and former Assistant to George W. Bush .

WEDNESDAY APRIL 2 2025

HALEY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON: Nearly two weeks since leaving Washington in which all the chatter was about how Democrats were out foxed and outnumbered on Border security and Immigration Reform, now the focus is on what will be the nature and severity of the response to be dished out to North Korea and when.

NEXT:THE YOKOTA RESOLUTION AND IS THE POLITICAL UNITY SHORT-LIVED?
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2022, 05:33:58 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2022, 06:07:31 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

WEDNESDAY APRIL 2 2025: Senator John Cornyn , the Senate Majority leader, as set Friday, April 4 as the date for vote on the So-named JOINT CONGRESSIONAL YOKOTA RESOLUTION: Both Cornyn and Speaker Steve Scalise , have tentatively agreed  for a Friday vote, "We aim this resolution on the President's desk by the close of business, Friday" Remarked Scalise after emerging from a meeting at the White House Wednesday evening. The mechanics of the Resolution, is full congressional authorization giving the president power to authorize military operations to commence at a moment of his choosing".

Meanwhile Defense Secretary Kenneth Braithwaite who was at the Pentagon, assured the media at a press conference.
 "Everything is going according to plan". Meanwhile the Pentagon released an aerial photograph of the Nimitz Carrier group, which left port 9 days ago, is expected to arrive at the Tsugaru-Kaikyō straits, which links to Sea of Japan to the Pacific.

DEVELOPING STORY: ACCORDING TO REUTERS, IT IS REPORTED THAT NORTH KOREA ARE HAVING SECRET DISCUSSIONS TO UNIDENTIFIED ENVOYS , NATURE OF TALKS AS OF NOW ARE UNKNOWN!

CNN's Intelligence and Security Correspondent, Robert Baer , has unconfirmed reports that North Korean officials have met two unidentified officials in Taipei, Taiwan. It's still unknown what the nature of these talks. As of now CNN is unable to confirm the veracity of this report.

Hi this is Bill Hemmer, here at the Fox News studio, we are working on a story, and standing by we have Jennifer Griffin, Jennifer what can you tell us?
Griffin : Well enough to know that we could be on the cusp of a major development regarding the fall out from the North Korean Missile attack on Japan over a week ago, but what we can be sure of, is one thing for certain that North Korean officials arrived in Taipei two days ago....
Hemmer : Hold on a minute Jennifer, but other news organization's are now confirming that the two officials in question in Taipei are believed to be National Security Advisor, Dina Powell and Secretary of Energy, Jon Huntsman! Again Fox News cannot for sure confirm is this news is true or not, Jennifer, apologies, but you were saying that North Korean officials arrived in Taiwan as well. However no other reports on what the nature of those reports. Bill.
Hemmer : Jennifer thanks for that, if you have any more news, we will get back to you.
Anyway, we will resume are regular programming, just to remind any viewers who have joined us, it is now understand that there could be some kind of discussions underway in Taiwan between both North Korean officials and from what we understand to be Secretary of Energy, Jon Huntsman and National security advisor, Dina Powell".

FOX NEWS REPORTS: That Senator's  Alex Padilla and Elizabeth Warren won't vote in favor of the Yokota Resolution it was announced by Warren , in a joint statement later released, Warren stated "If North Korea is willing to negotiate the elimination of her nuclear program, what is the purpose of the Resolution?" Responding to Warren's announcement, Texas Senator Dan Crenshaw, remarked, "Elizabeth Warren and Alex Padilla are both a classic case of the leftist surrender at all costs mentality, and to think she (Warren once ran for President, if she was at Alamo, Texas would still be part of Mexico; really out of step with America", when asked to qualify his statement by Fox News Capitol Hill correspondent, Mike Emanuel , the Texas lawmaker stated, "The Resolution gives the President all possible options and my Democratic colleague is undermining the President by taking such a stand!"

A Republican political strategist, stated the following, "If Alex Padilla votes against the Yokota Joint Resolution, his vote will be used against him, come 2028, and if he thinks he will profit from such a vote, he better think again, because we will crucify him!" (Politico.com)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #315 on: October 08, 2022, 07:40:58 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2022, 10:42:31 AM by 2016 »

Wednesday April 2 2025
ASIDE FROM SHOWING A PICTURE FROM THE NIMITZ CARRIER GROUP SECRETARY OF DEFENSE KENNETH BRAITHWAITE IN HIS BRIEFING AT THE PENTAGON MADE KNOWN THAT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA HAS DEPLOYED TWO B2-SPIRIT BOMBERS FROM WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE IN MISSOURI WITH DESTINATION BEING UNKNOWN

THE B2-SPIRIT

On FOX NEWS Ret. Colonel Keane suggested that these two Aircrafts are likely to be stationed at Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. Missions have been flown from Diego Garcia during the War on Terror „OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM“ and the War in Iraq „OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM“.

Ret. Colonel Keane: „We don't have many facilities outside of the US Mainland to maintain this type of aircraft so my sense is that they will likely be stationed at DIEGO GARCIA in the Indian Ocean.“

• The United States of America currently has 20 of those aircrafts and will maintain them until 2032
  • The B2 can reach an altitude of 50,000 Feet
  • The range of the B2 is 6,000 Nautical Miles but can be extended to 10,000 Nautical Miles by Mid-Air Refuelling
  • DIEGO GARCIA is within range of Beijing & Pyongyang
  • The US has never lost a B2 in combat mode

With the F117A-Nighhawk being retired the B2 could fly the bulk of Missions into North Korea Keane suggested.

MEANWHILE...JAPANESE AIR FORCE HAS BEEN ORDERED TO SHOOT DOWN ANY BALLISTIC MISSILE OR NORTH KOREA AIRCRAFT PENETRATING INTO THE SEA OF JAPAN
The Japanse Ministery of Defense has ordered its Air Force to shoot down any ballistic missile or North Korean Aircraft penetrating the Sea of Japan.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #316 on: October 08, 2022, 08:39:39 AM »

Wednesday April 2 2025
ASIDE FROM SHOWING A PICTURE FROM THE NIMITZ CARRIER GROUP SECRETARY OF DEFENSE KENNETH BRAITHWAITE IN HIS BRIEFING AT THE PENTAGON MADE KNOWN THAT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA HAS DEPLOYED TWO B2-SPIRIT BOMBERS FROM WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE IN MISSOURI WITH DESTINATION BEING UNKNOWN

THE B2-SPIRIT

On FOX NEWS Ret. Colonel Keane suggested that these two Aircrafts are likely to be stationed at Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. Missions have been from Diego Garcia during the War on Terror and the War in Iraq.
Ret. Colonel Keane: „We don't have many facilities outside of the US Mainland to maintain this type of aircraft so my sense is that they will likely be stationed at DIEGO GARCIA in the Indian Ocean.“

MEANWHILE...JAPANESE AIR FORCE HAS BEEN ORDERED TO SHOOT DOWN ANY BALLISTIC MISSILE OR NORTH KOREA AIRCRAFT PENETRATING INTO THE SEA OF JAPAN
The Japanse Ministery of Defense has ordered its Air Force to shoot down any ballistic missile or North Korean Aircraft penetrating the Sea of Japan.
DeSantis  has the gun cocked and will pull the trigger, with North Korea being the (metaphorical head) target. So it's in Kim Jong-Un's interest to demonstrate he's serious in renouncing his nuclear ambitions. I suspect China maybe using North Korea as its proxy (a patsy), it would be China's
style. Pyongyang essentially was China's lapdog (despite protestations to the contrary). China wants to test DeSantis to see if he's all bark and no bite. Guess they'll find out soon enough.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #317 on: October 08, 2022, 10:11:03 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2022, 07:20:34 PM by 2016 »

Thursday April 3 2025
WHITE HOUSE ANNOUNCES THAT VICE PRESIDENT NIKKI HALEY WILL PRESIDE OVER THE JOINT CONGRESSIONAL YOKOTA RESOLUTION IN THE SENATE TOMORROW
White House Communications Director Christina Pushaw advised the Media that Vice President NIKKI HALEY will preside over the JOINT YOKOTA CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION after it reaches the Senate Chamber.

CNN Millitary Expert:

„Pyongyang is just trying to buy time with their negotiations and in Taiwan of all places. Give me a break! The Expert also called out Senators Elizabeth Warren & Alex Padilla saying quote THEY ARE PUTTING OUR NATIONAL SECURITY AT RISK.“

SENATE COMPOSITION

REPUBLICANS 65 SEATS
DEMOCRATS 34 SEATS
1 Member of the Vermont Progressive Party (Senator David Zuckerman) who is caucusing with the Democratic Senate Caucus

MEANWHILE...THE SENATE MINORITY LEADER MAKES HIS DECISION
Senate Minority Leader Charles „Chuck“ Schumer (D-New York) announced in a Statement via his Office that he would vote FOR the JOINT YOKOTA CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION and urged his fellow Democrats to do so as well.

HOUSE COMPOSITION

REPUBLICANS 265 SEATS + 1 Constitution Party (Marjorie Taylor Greene)
DEMOCRATS 164 SEATS
5 VACANT SEATS (FL-19, FL-21, FL-28, TX-5, UT-2)

DEMOCRATIC HOUSE SQUAD MEMBERS RASHIDA TALIB (MI-12), ILHAN OMAR (MN-5) AND ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ (NY-14) TO VOTE NO ON THE RESOLUTION, UNCLEAR IF OTHERS WILL JOIN THEM
Unsurprisingly the 3 Democratic Squad Members Rashida Talib, Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez announced in a Joint Statement that they would vote NO on the JOINT YOKOTA CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION citing the Joint Resolution which authorized then President George W. Bush to invade Iraq with quote Look where that got us unquote.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #318 on: October 08, 2022, 07:26:23 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2022, 07:50:18 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

FRIDAY APRIL 4 2025: Following the House vote, approving the Yokota Resolution, Senate majority leaderJohn Cornyn,  with unanimous consent called for roll call of Senator's for approval of the Resolution, and with Vice President, Nikki Haley, in attendance fulfilling her constitutional role as President of the Senate, gaveled the Chamber to order and requested the roll call, apart from Senator's Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Edward Markey, of Massachusetts, Alex Padilla of California, Jean Shaheen of New Hampshire and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts voting in the Negative,  94 Senator's votee in the Affirmative with one abstention, from Vermont Progressive Senator David Zuckerman of Vermont. Thus the YOKOTA JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION now was in the official record, granting President DeSantis , the authority to order military operations to commence against North Korea. No action could or would commence, with negotiations underway between North Korean officials and what was now confirmed to National Security Advisor, Dina Powell and Secretary of Energy, Jon
Huntsman
. This confirmation was obtained through the travel logs, which it was suspected were purposely leaked by the administration, to end the ongoing speculation. It was known that  Huntsman's presence in Taiwan was necessitated through the close connections established in the region from his time as Ambassador to China and because of his access and knowledge in all aspects of nuclear weapons programs and technologies. There is a complete embargo on news regarding the progress or developments of the negotiations until further notice.

Vice President Nikki Haley , at the moment the United States Senate formally approved the Yokota Joint Congressional Resolution on Friday, April 4 2025.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #319 on: October 09, 2022, 06:28:42 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2022, 10:24:49 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

FRIDAY APRIL 4 2025, President DeSantis in Oval office the moment he signed the YOKOTA JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION, which gave him authority to order the commencement of military operations against North Korea.

Taipei, Taiwan, Negotiations end in impasse with no resolution, in a joint statement by Huntsman and Powell , "The progress of the talks are stalled and we fear that failure is more likely than success as the outstanding issues still remain"

Jon Huntsman , at MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs), speaking to media at the conclusion of negotiations with the North Korean officials, both sides reached an impasse over access for U.S. and International observer's to all North Korean test and research sites. 

Dina Habib Powell McCormick,  Assistant to the President of the United States For National Security Affairs (National Security Advisor), at MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs), Taipei, Taiwan.

Huntsman , stated, "... North Korea 
appears unable to understand, that the terms already layed out in the memorandum, must be accepted. We have made clear that these key provisions are non negotiable and cannot be subject to any kind of change or alteration. Another point I need to make, the President stated that North Korea must make a commitment to dismantle their ballistic missile program under international supervision and they will be required to submit to a random inspection regime of all their plants and sites. They are unable to provide us, with such commitment. So any further discussions are unnecessary, I will add, that should the possibility arise that North Korea wishes to revise their current position, myself and Ms. Powell , will remain here in Taiwan for another 24 hours, thank you".
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2022, 07:25:10 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2022, 06:08:27 PM by 2016 »

Friday April 4 2025
JAPAN: JAPANESE PARLIAMENT PASSES RESOLUTION OFFICIALLY ASKING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THEIR ALLIES FOR HELP IN THE JAPAN/NORTH KOREA CONFLICT
During the same Day the JOINT YOKOTA RESOLUTION passed the US Congress the Japanese Parliament passed a Resolution asking the United States of America and their Allies for help in the JAPAN/NORTH KOREA Conflict.

REPORT: UNITED STATES WANTED FULL ACCESS TO NORTH KOREAS BALLISTIC MISSILE PROGRAM AS WELL AS SEVERAL LABORATORIES WHERE POTENTIAL NUCLEAR MATERIAL COULD BE HIDDEN
According to Report by the New York Times the US Negotiators in Taipeh, Taiwan wanted Full Access to North Korea's Ballistic Missile Program as well as access to some Laboratories where potential Nuclear Material could be hidden.

FOX NEWS REPORT: POWELL AND HUNTSMAN TO SPEAK WITH HIGH-RANKING GOVTM OFFICIALS FROM JAPAN BEFORE RETURNING TO WASHINGTON
A Report from the FOX NEWS CHANNEL says that President DeSantis National Security Advisor Dina Powell as well as his Energy Secretary Jon Huntsman will speak with High-Ranking Govtm Officials from Japan at an undisclosed Location before returning to Washington.

DURING HIS DAILY BRIEFING AT THE PENTAGON SECRETARY OF DEFENSE KENNETH BRAITHWAITE SAID THAT THE NIMITZ AIRCRAFT CARRIER GROUP WHO LEFT THEIR HOMEPORT OF BREMERTON, WASHINGTON STATE IS EXPECTED TO ENTER THE SEA OF JAPAN BY MID WEEK; SAYS UNAVOIDABLE MILLITARY OPERATION WILL NOT BE A QUICK ONE
Secretary of Defense Kenneth Braithwaite during his Daily Briefing at the Pentagon made known that the NIMITZ AIRCRAFT CARRIER GROUP is expected to enter the Sea of Japan by mid week joining the REAGAN AIRCRAFT CARRIER GROUP.
He also said that the impending Millitary Operation would not be a quick one since North Korea has beefed up their Air Defense Systems over the last several years which would have been to be disarmed first.

HIGH RANKING UK GOVTM OFFICIAL: TWO BLACK PLANES LANDED AT DIEGO GARCIA YESTERDAY EVENING
A high ranking UK Govtm Official for British Prime Minister Liz Truss seems to have confirmed earlier Reports that two B2 Stealth Aircrafts assigned to the 509th Bomb Wing from the Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri, United States have landed at the British Overseas Territory at Diego Garcia yesterday evening.
US Secretary of Defense Kenneth Braithwaite confirmed on Wednesday, April 2 that two B2 Sprits had been deployed although he did not confirm their Destination back then.

ON FOX NEWS: RET. COLONEL KEANE EXPLAINS THE STRATEGIC ADVANTAGES & USE OF THE B2

THE STRATEGIC ADVANTAGES OF THE B2

• Buys Commanders Flexibility to strike anywhere in the World
  • Each of the Aircrafts has a 40,000 Pound Payload
  • The Aircraft was used on the first 3 Nights of the most recent US Combat Mission in 1999 (during the War in Yugoslavia), 2001 during Enduring Freedom, 2003 during Iraqi Freedom and 2011 during Odyssey Dawn in Libya to topple the Gadhafi Regime
  • During Operation Enduring Freedom in 2001 the Aircraft conducted the longest Combat Mission with 44 Hours taking off from Whiteman AFB and getting refuelled over California, Hawaii, Guam, Straights of Malacca, Diego Garcia before hitting their targets in Afghanistan
  • The Aircraft can penetrate Enemy Air Defense Systems when other Fighter Jets would be vulnerable

Keane remarked: „By stationing two of the aircrafts apparently at Diego Garcia the President has also put China on notice. It also means they can strike on short notice and we won't have these long combat missions like we had twentyfour years ago“.

DEMOCRATIC STRATEGIST: NEW HAMPSHIRE SENATOR JEANNE SHAHEEN'S NO VOTE ON THE JOINT CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION LIKELY TO BE SEEN THAT SHE WILL RETIRE AT THE END OF HER CURRENT TERM AND NOT SEEK RE-ELECTION IN 2026
A Democratic Strategist involved with the 2026 Midterm Elections suggested that New Hampshire Senator Jeanne Shaheen's NO VOTE on the Joint Congressional Resolution could be seen that she will retire at the end of her current Term rather then seek Re-Election.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2022, 07:28:59 AM »

South Korea is thus far neutral?
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2022, 11:04:51 AM »

South Korea, is mindful of what occurred in Japan, therefore the best practice, is the less said, the better. Seoul would be as vulnerable as Yokota was. Kim Jong-Un would love to do nothing better than drag South Korea into a conflict and no doubt Haley told Seoul to keep their oar out.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2022, 11:26:04 AM »

South Korea, is mindful of what occurred in Japan, therefore the best practice, is the less said, the better. Seoul would be as vulnerable as Yokota was. Kim Jong-Un would love to do nothing better than drag South Korea into a conflict and no doubt Haley told Seoul to keep their oar out.
Even more vulnerable, given the geographic proximity.
But yeah, all that makes sense.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #324 on: October 09, 2022, 05:18:12 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2022, 08:26:11 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

SATURDAY APRIL 5 2024, Various news media outlets are confirming that both Secretary of Energy, Jon Huntsman and National Security Advisor, Dina Powell departed Taoyuan International Airport near Taipei and will be making a stopover at a undisclosed  location for meetings with members of the Japanese as well as South Korean political and military establishments.
Powell , remarked "It's unfortunate that North Korea didn't take the 'Off-ramp we offered, they will eventually recognize that their decision will be a tragic miscalculation!".

The aircraft used by Huntsman and Powell for their efforts in shuttle diplomacy, shortly before departure from Taipei's Taoyuan International Airport in the early morning hours of April 5, 2025.

SATURDAY APRIL 5 2025

On the Fox & Friends Saturday program, Retd. 4-Gen. Jack Keane , when asked for his take on what occurred in Taipei, he responded, "It is a miscalculations in a series of many. Pyongyang didn't want consider, that their nuclear ambitions were unacceptable and we now see what their missile testing program ended up doing...this was eventually going to happen, and successfuly dodging the bullet, isn't healthy for anyone". When asked about the rate of preparedness and when military operations begin?".
Keane responded, the military will advise the president on their level of readiness and how and when they can begin. The military are good at gaming a plan...but we're really in a phase, which NASA would refer to as the 'countdown mode'. They are prepping and need to be in a position to launch a coordinated attack".
Republican strategist, Brendan Buck , who appeared on the same program, offered his assessment of the political terrain, in light of the way some Democrats voted on the Yokota Joint Congressional Resolution,  and he proceeded to offer up an analysis, "...by voting the way she voted, Shaheen , likely would face a tough reelection, under the best of circumstances, but with the Border security issue becoming such a powerful issue for most Republican's  to campaign on, and puts Democrats such as Shaheen in an impossible position, if they support it, they face a primary challenge, if they oppose it, someone like Gov. Chris Sununu will hammer them relentlessly; now with the Missile attack on Yokota, followed by the Yokota Resolution coming up, Shaheen, decided that voting her conscience was a lot easier than having to vote in the affirmative. As for Alex Padilla had better be hoping for two things, that North Korea is another Ukraine and that his vote doesn't become his achilles heel, because if DeSantis is seen to have executed a successful military operation, and his Border Security initiative, as well as Immigration Reform are also deemed to be a success, Padilla will have a big red target on his back in 2028 and become what could be known as an endangered political species".
Buck , also suggested "...that 2026, could be one of those rarest of phenomenon's in which the party controlling the White House, actually make gains in the midterms, it occurred in 1934, 1962 and 2002 and don't be surprised to see it occur again".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies