2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:41:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19
Author Topic: 2025-29 -A Blank Canvas  (Read 16028 times)
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2022, 09:32:01 AM »

@President Stanton,
I think we should put a Virginia Constitutional Amendment on the Ballot this November. Every State in the Country can have a Governor with 2 Terms except Virginia. Let the Voters decide if they want to let their Governors to serve 2-Terms in the future. I am thinking about this a lot.

If such an Amendment passes then Winsome Sears could actually run again 2029.
@2016, what is the process in Virginia for placing such a proposal on the ballot? Is there actual
 support in Virginia for such a proposal? Might Democrats oppose it, if it is seen yo benefit Sears
After the April 22, might have to speed up the TL, and move it forward to August and just revise the events which occurred over the Summer, what do you think?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2022, 12:46:10 PM »

@President Stanton,
I think we should put a Virginia Constitutional Amendment on the Ballot this November. Every State in the Country can have a Governor with 2 Terms except Virginia. Let the Voters decide if they want to let their Governors to serve 2-Terms in the future. I am thinking about this a lot.

@2016, what is the process in Virginia for placing such a proposal on the ballot? Is there actual
 support in Virginia for such a proposal? Might Democrats oppose it, if it is seen yo benefit Sears
After the April 22, might have to speed up the TL, and move it forward to August and just revise the events which occurred over the Summer, what do you think?
Two big Issues for the DeSantis Presidency, Border Security/Immigration and the Balanced Budget Amendment. These two items DeSantis absolutely MUST HAVE in his first year. I think Border/Immigration will be split in two bills though with the Border Security Bill likely to be on tap before the DeSantis Presidency hits 100 Days and the actual Immigration Reform Bill in the Summer of 2026 after Borders are secured to punt the DEMS ahead of the Midterms.

I would keep the TL as it is now because there will be a lot of other Stuff in between like NATO & G7 Summits. DeSantis will likely spent a good chuck in May/June overseas.

There will be Campaign 2026 Announcements. We've the TX-5 & UT-2 Special Elections + VA & NJ Primaries to cover.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2022, 12:50:03 PM »

@President Stanton,

Two big Issues for the DeSantis Presidency, Border Security/Immigration and the Balanced Budget Amendment. These two items DeSantis absolutely MUST HAVE in his first year. I think Border/Immigration will be split in two bills though with the Border Security Bill likely to be on tap before the DeSantis Presidency hits 100 Days and the actual Immigration Reform Bill in the Summer of 2026 after Borders are secured to punt the DEMS ahead of the Midterms.

I would keep the TL as it is now because there will be a lot of other Stuff in between like NATO & G7 Summits. DeSantis will likely spent a good chuck in May/June overseas.

There will be Campaign 2026 Announcements. We've the TX-5 & UT-2 Special Elections + VA & NJ Primaries to cover.
Point taken @2016 😊
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2022, 04:46:24 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 03:31:35 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

FOX NEWS REPORTS, THAT PRESIDENT DESANTIS WILL NAME HIS CHOICE TO BE NEXT DIRECTOR OF FBI
MONDAY MARCH 3 2025: FOX NEWS ALERT,  BREAKING NEWS, ON THE HEELS OF FBI DIRECTOR, CHRISTOPHER WRAY'S RESIGNATION, THE WHITE HOUSE ANNOUNCES THAT PRESIDENT DESANTIS WILL NOMINATE HIS REPLACEMENT LATE THIS AFTERNOON:  Hi Everyone this is Bret Baier from our Washington studio news desk, and we have breaking news, that the President will name the next Director of the F.B.I. shortly. There is no word yet on who the president has decided upon. But our sources have informed us, that the choices being considered, include Mark Glass the current Director of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement; Sandy Karsten, Director of the Missouri Department of Public Safety and Kirk Thompson, the Director of the Kansas Bureau of Investigations. Anyway I have with me, Greg Jarrett, our legal affairs analyst, Greg what are you hearing?
Jarrett: Bret, the White House is keeping a tight lid on this; remember it was yesterday that Christopher Wray announced through twitter that he was resigning with immediate effect and with that in mind, the White House opted to move the announcement forward. From what I learned, as soon as the President returned from Camp David yesterday evening, he met with senior adviser's and it shortly afterwards that the President made calls to the three candidates in question. Beyond that Bret, no further word.
Baier: Greg, do you expect any further shake-ups at the agency?
Jarrett: At this point, I'm not certain, but there's likely to be more changes.
Baier: Thanks, Greg; well folks, that's what we so far know, an announcement is imminent. Back to our regular programming.
FOX NEWS ALERT,  Hi Everyone, this is Bill Hemmer in the afternoon hour, and Fox News is now reporting that President Ron DeSantis, has decided to nominate as Director of the F.B.I. Mark Glass, the current Director of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, this is no surprise and we understand that Sandy Karsten, the current Director of the Missouri Department of Public Safety will be nominated as Deputy Director of the F.B.I. So this is big, the President will officially make his announcement in the Oval office. I have with me, Greg Jarrett, Greg was this wasn't expected.
Jarrett: You're right Bret, we were only expecting one announcement, but with this President one thing to expect, is to expect the unexpected. Also I might ad this Bret, there has been no Deputy Director for quite a while, as Paul Abbate resigned weeks ago, and the fact, that this  has largely been overlooked, is a reflection of the dysfunction that has existed inside the agency.
Hemmer: Well there you have it folks, we will return to live coverage of the President's announcement, when it comes. Also another story that Fox News is working on, is another  Democratic Senator, John Hickenlooper has announced he will support Senator's Kellyand Sinema on the Border Security situation and has stated he's prepared to have Border Patrol Agents testify to congress on the matter in open defiance of Senate Minority Leader, Chuck Schumer,  the question now is, how many more Democratic lawmakers will defect? However the big breaking story is that the President will nominate Mark Glass, as Director of the F.B.I. and Sandy Karsten, will be Deputy director. Back to our regular programming.

Mark Glass, 9th Director of the F.B.I.

Sandy Karsten, 19th Deputy Director of the F.B.I.
FOX NEWS ALERT: Hi this is Bret Baier and I am joined by Shannon Bream, along with Greg Jarrett, our legal affairs analyst and Britt Hume for commentary. We are standing by, as in a few moments from now we were informed by Peter Doocy our White House Correspondent, that the President will formally nominate both Mark Glass to be Director of the F.B.I. and Sandy Karsten to be Deputy Director.
Britt Hume, this isn't surprising?
Hume: It couldn't be, not especially when it comes to this President, he made it clear from the start, that he wasn't happy with how things were at the FBI, so this was inevitable and was likely to occur sooner or later, and with Christopher Wray's resignation yesterday, the President had his candidates pretty much in mind.
Baier: Excuse me Britt, the President is now entering the Oval office, he's being accompanied by Attorney General, Barbara Lagoa, the Vice President, as well as Mark Glass and Sandy Karsten.
(Live Feed from Oval office.
DeSantis , "Good evening, everyone, the nation's primary law enforcement agency has faced many challenges over the past number of year's and we saw a misuse of its resources, and a compliant leadership mitigated this misuse, but those days are over, and I'm happy to say, that the FBI, will find a new direction under fresh leadership, I have known Mark Glass and when I previously nominated him to be Director of Florida Department of Law Enforcement, I knew I was choosing the best and his performance in that role, informed me on the who should be Director of the F.B.I. So with that in mind, I am formally nominating Mark to that position. I am confident that with Mark Glass in his new position, that the FBI will find its footing once again. I have decided to also ask the current Director of Missouri's Department of Public Safety, Sandy Karsten to assume the role of Deputy Director of the FBI and in naming this stalwart of law enforcement, I am sure that the FBI will be able to fulfil its role as our nation's law enforcement agency. Mark, perhaps you'll like to say a few words.
Glass: Mr. President, Madam Vice President and Madam Attorney General, I am truly honoured to be given this opportunity to serve our nation's Law Enforcement needs, I intend to bring the same ideals that guided me, while I served at the Department of Law Enforcement in Florida and maybe we can do better, I am glad that I will have Sandy Karsten at my side, I believe she represents the best in law enforcement and her reputation for excellence while Director of Missouri's Department of Public Safety is second to none, Sandy.
Karsten: Director Glass, Mr. President, Madam Vice president and Judge Lagoa, I am deeply honored to be given this new responsibility, never in all my years in law enforcement and Public safety dud I imagine I would be called to serve in an organization that exemplifies the ideals of Law enforcement should be and must be, again thank you.
DeSantis , thank you everyone.
Baier: Well there we have it, how long Greg Jarrett do you think it will before both Glass and Karsten are in place?
Garrett: I don't think it will take too long, I can imagine that the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee,  Lindsey Graham will likely schedule confirmation hearings at the earliest for the end of the week, and there is an urgency to ensure that the process for having both Glass and Karsten in place as soon as possible.
Baier: Britt, your thoughts?
Hume: With these appointments, we can be sure of one thing, that this President likes to think and act outside the box and I think it's something we should get used to. Also we can be sure of another thing, which is that the President operates more comfortably with people he knows about, Mark Glass is someone he knows about, it was after all while Governor of Florida, three years ago, that he appointed Glass to oversee the Department of Law Enforcement, and if anything, Glass represents the best in law enforcement and is likely to bring a fresh approach within the Bureau.
Baier: Thank you Britt, and thank you Greg, and to our viewer's, be sure to join us for Special Report later, when we will look at the careers of Mark Glass and Sandy Karsten.
(Switching to regular programming)

NEXT UP: MORE DEMOCRATIC DEFECTIONS ON BORDER SECURITY
Junior Chimp

« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2022, 05:13:49 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 01:42:43 PM by 2016 »

Monday March 3 2025
IN ANOTHER BLOW TO SENATE MINORITY LEADER SCHUMER WHEN IT COMES TO THE ISSUE OF BORDER SECURITY COLORADO SENATOR JOHN HICKENLOOPER ANNOUNCES HE WILL SUPPORT SENATORS SINEMA & KELLY TO SECURE THE SOUTHERN BORDER TO MEXICO. HICKENLOOPER IS EVEN SUGGESTING LETTING BORDER PATROL AGENTS TESTIFY BEFORE CONGRESS
In another huge blow to Democratic Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-New York) Colorado Senator John Hickenlooper released a Statement via his Senate Office this morning that he will back Senators Sinema & Kelly to secure the Nations Southern Border to Mexico quote „I can't stay silent when the Democratic Leader is questioning the seriousness at the southern border. Border Security affects my Home State of Colorado as well. I look forward working with the White House, Senators Sinema, Kelly as well as Senator Rubio on meaningful border security & subsequent Immigration Reform“.
Hickenlooper is even suggesting letting Border Patrol Agents potentially testifying before Congress in a Hearing. „That's absolutely on the Table“ he tells CNN's Congressional Correspondent Manu Raju.
Hickenlooper added quote „If we can have CLOSED DOOR Intelligence Hearings we surely can have a Hearing to let these brave Men & Women who are fighting at our Southern Border testify what's going down there and then every Senator can make an educated guess what to do with it.“

WHITE HOUSE ANNOUNCES LIST WHO WILL TRAVEL WITH VP HALEY & THE BORDER SECURITY TEAM (CARLOS GIMENEZ, BARBARA LAGOA) TO TEXAS ON WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TO VISIT THE SOUTHERN BORDER

• Rep. Cassandra „Cassy“ Garcia
  • Rep. Monica de la Cruz-Hernandez
  • Rep. Mayra Flores
  • Rep. Morgan Cisneros Graham
  • Rep. Tony Gonzalez
  • Former Rep. Henry Cuellar
  • Florida Senator Marco Rubio

The Team will also be accompanied by various Texas Officials including Governor Greg Abbott, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick and Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

WHITE HOUSE ECONOMIC TEAM & REPUBLICAN HOUSE LEADERSHIP BEGIN FIRST FORMAL TALKS IN ADOPTING A „BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT“
This Monday also saw the White House Economic Team consisting of Chair of National Economic Advisors Stephen Moore, Director of the Office of Management & Budget Pete Peterson and Treasury Secretary David McCormick begin its Formal Talks with the Republican House Leadership consisting of House Speaker Steve Scalise, House Majority Leader Jim Banks, House Majority Whip Drew Ferguson and Republican House Conference Chairwoman Ashley Hinson in adopting a „BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT“. The Balanced Budget is one of the KEY MILESTONES in President DeSantis Economic Agenda.

CNN CHIEF WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT CECILIA VEGA: „NOT A SHOCK MARK GLASS & SANDY KARSTEN WERE NOMINATED AS FBI & DEPUTY FBI DIRECTOR“; AS FAR AS THE BALANCED BUDGET IS CONCERNED „DON'T EXPECT A QUICK SOLUTION. IT TAKES TIME TO CRAFT IT“...
CNN's new Chief White House Correspondent Cecilia Vega speaking to Interim Situation Room Anchor ANA CABRERA during the early evening form the White House North Lawn:
CECILIA VEGA: „Look Ana, it's not a shock that the President nominated someone as Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Mark Glass who he knows very well. That's becoming a common theme with this President. The Nomination of Sandy Karsten isn't a huge surprise either. I would say the DOJ, FBI & Homeland Security lost the most trust during the Trump & Biden Administrations and this is very much about restoring the faith & trust in the American Public & and in these Instituations.
And one more thing Ana, President DeSantis spoke to Florida Governor Jeanette Nuñez, whom he knows very well, informing her of his Decision to nominate Glass. So this is all done by mutual consent.“

ANA CABRERA: What about the Meeting the Presidents Economic Team had with the House Leadership regarding a potential Balanced Budget Amendment?
CECILIA VEGA: „Yes Ana, they did meet today but these were just the first formal talks on this subject. Don't expect a quick solution to this. It will obviously take some time to craft such a bill.“
ANA CABRERA: What about the Southern Border Issue?
CECILIA VEGA: „Well, as you may know already this Morning a 3rd Democratic Senator, John Hickenlooper of Colorado announced that he would back his two colleagues, Senators Sinema & Kelly in their efforts to secure the southern border and subsequent Immigration Reform. Hickenlooper was even suggesting to have a CLOSED DOOR Hearing where border patrol agents could testify about the situation before Congress. The reason it would be a closed door session is that there will almost certainly be some sensitive material and they don't want to put these agents at risk. However I don't expect any moves by the Senate or the House on that issue until VP Haley has returned from her border trip on Wednesday and Thursday. The consensus is though that a Border Security Bill will be introduced in either the Senate or the House in the not to distant future“.
ANA CABRERA: Thank You Cecilia for your reporting!
CECILIA VEGA: „Any time Ana!“

Next: Some BIG MOVES on the Diplomatic Front!
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2022, 12:55:58 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 01:42:11 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

TUESDAY MARCH 4 2025: THE WHITE HOUSE WISHING TO SECURE PASSAGE OF THE BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT, AND MINDFUL OF THE TASK OF GAINING THE SUPPORT OF 38 OF THE 50 STATES, HAS ANNOUNCED THE FORMATION OF A OUTREACH GROUP, IT'S  PURPOSE WILL BE TO LOBBY FOR AND SECURE SUPPORT FOR THE AMENDMENT,  IT IS EXPECTED THAT VICE PRESIDENT HALEY WILL HEAD UP THE GROUP, WHO'S MEMBERSHIP WILL INCLUDE  TREASURY SECRETARY, DAVID MCCORMICK,  COMMERCE SECRETARY, GLENN YOUNGKIN,  HOUSE WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN, VERN BUCHANAN(FL-16), SENATE FINANCE COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN, BILL CASSIDY (R-LA), SENATE BUDGET COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN, MIKE CRAPO (R-ID),  HOUSE BUDGET COMMITTEE
CHAIRMAN JASON SMITH (MO-8) AND DIRECTOR OF THE OMB, PETER PETERSON
. White House Press Secretary, Kayleigh McEnany stated, "following meetings, yesterday between the Congressional leadership and our economic team, the President has announced the formation of an outreach group under the leadership of the Vice President and will visit each of the fifty state capitals to win support for a Balanced budget amendment.
Peter Doocy, Fox News: Kayleigh what is the expected time period between winning the required number of state's and enactment of such a amendment?
McEnany: It is difficult to establish an exact date and time on when the process will be concluded, but considering it is one of the key cornerstones of the President's economic agenda, we hope that by the time the president presents his budget for FY 2027 in January of next year, that work on the language of such an amendment will be underway.
Kristen Welker, NBC, Kayleigh, I would like to get your response to Robert Bixby, of the Concord Coalition, and he cites the following and I quote, "Balanced budget amendment is inconsistent, with the freedom to forever mandate a particular level of spending or to permanently favor spending cuts over revenue increases as the manner of managing these decisions", So Kayleigh in light of Mr. Bixby's position, isn't the administration trying to achieve something that is more aspirational than realistic?
McEnany: Kristen, Mr. Bixby's position is one  opinion out of many, there are many other opinions that reach different conclusions.
Emerald Robinson, NewsMax: Kayleigh, could you give us a comment on the fact that Senator John Hickenlooper,  has parted company with Senate Minority Leader, Senator Chuck Schumer on the issue of the border crisis?
McEnany: Well Emerald, the White House is encouraged by Senator Hickenlooper willingness to support any initiative that can fix, what is clearly a broken border and it is unfortunate that Senator Schumer persists in burying his head in the sand, but that's his choice.
(Begin channel surfing)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2022, 02:05:05 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 05:37:25 PM by 2016 »

TUESDAY MARCH 4 2025
CNN BREAKING NEWS
VICE PRESIDENT HALEY TO GO ON DIPLOMATIC TRIP TO ASIA LATER THIS MONTH AMID CHINA/TAIWAN TENSIONS WHITE HOUSE ANNOUNCES SOURCES TELLING CNN

Followed by President DeSantis' Speech to Congress last week where China/Taiwan had been frequently mentioned by the President the White House announced that Vice President NIKKI HALEY will go on a Diplomatic Trip to Asia later this month. This Trip is primarily to reassure allies in the region.

White House Communications Director CHRISTINA PUSHAW releases Statement on VP Haleys upcoming Diplomatic Trip to Asia

„This upcoming trip by the Vice President is primarily to reassure our allies in Asia. As the President said in his Speech to Congress last week. We're not going to be intimidated by President Xi or Chinas Foreign Affairs Ministry and Department. It's important to strengthen our Diplomatic Relations with our longtime Asian Allies to put up a big large front so that China should think twice about their next moves. President DeSantis will himself visit Asia later this year and this just a prelude to it.
We are also incredibly thankful to have the support and backing of three former Presidents on this: Former President George W. Bush, Former President Barack H. Obama and Former President Joseph R. Biden Jr..“

VP HALEY'S ASIAN STOPOVERS MARCH 20-29 2025

• TOKYO, JAPAN
  • SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
  • MANILA, PHILLPINES
  • BANGKOK, THAILAND
  • SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE
  • KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
  • JAKARTA, INDONESIA
  • SYDNEY/CANBERRA, AUSTRALIA

It's unclear at this Point whether the Vice President will be on her own or being accompanied by Secretary of State Robert O'Brien & National Security Advisor Dina Powell-McCormick as Arrangements with the State Department are still being finalized.

JIM SCIUTTO: There you have it, the Vice President will be on the Road overseas in a few weeks time. Let's now go to CNN's State Department Correspondent Michelle Kosinski for some reaction.
MICHELLE KOSINSKI, CNN STATE DEPARTMENT CORRESPONDENT: „This doesn't surprise me at all Jim. If you may recall Secretary of State O'Brien, National Security Advisor Powell-McCormick and Secretary of Defense Braithwaite were all sworn in into Office the same Day. They were probably all awaiting whether Grenell would be confirmed as Ambassador to the UN before announcing this trip. I also have to say that this in line what President DeSantis outlined last week in his Speech. If the United States can strengthen their Diplomatic Ties with their Asian Partners China President Xi will think twice in making any more moves towards Taiwan. A trip like this is also precisely the reason why then Governor & Presidential Candidate DeSantis picked Nikki Haley as his Running Mate given her ties to the UN and her diplomatic, foreign policy credentials. It's also one of the more rare times I can remember over the last few years Republicans & Democrats are on the same page in this town. The rousing Ovation for the President during his Speech last week when he mentioned China & Taiwan backs that up. There wasn't one Member of Congress sitting in the House Chamber last week during the China/Taiwan Segment.
It should also be mentioned that President DeSantis has the backing of three former Presidents, two of them are Democrats, on this.“

This will be the 1st Diplomatic Trip by either President DeSantis or Vice President Haley overseas.

And with that I am tossing it back to President Stanton
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2022, 05:06:57 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 05:16:31 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Thank you @2016, this Asian trip by Vice President Nikki Haley and the support of two former Democrat president's, Joe Biden & Barack Obama,  as well as George W. Bush , Will inform any future reckless intent on the part of the PRC when it comes to Taiwan.

White House,  has announced that the Haley trip is designed not only to reassure Asian allies, but also will establish in the minds of these same allies what President DeSantis's agenda, will be when he attends both the APEC and G20 summits in Korea ( last year's APEC summit was held in Peru) and Japan respectively during November. Also with the upcoming G-7 summit due to be held at Algonquin Resort, St. Andrews by the sea, in New Brunswick, Canada in June, and the NATO summit which will be held in the Istanbul, Turkey later that same month.

TEXAS CATTLE CALL -SPECULATION MOUNTING ON NEXT YEAR'S GOVERNOR'S RACE, COULD ANOTHER BUSH HOPE TO LASSO THE SAME JOB HIS UNCLE ONCE HELD? Even as Texas Governor Greg Abbott prepares to join Vice President Nikki Haley,  Attorney General Barbara Lagoa,  Homeland Security Secretary Carlos Gimenez and a bipartisan congressional delegation to visit various parts of the Southern border for two days, speculation is floating around, that the Governor has all but decided not to seek another term in the Governor's Mansion. This speculation has been fuelled by the fact that Abbott has no fundraising plans established. You contrast that with the fundraising activities, of Senate Majority leader, John Cornyn,  which have been frenetic. With that in mind, other Republican contenders are sounding out exploratory options on possible runs, these include current state Attorney General, Ken Paxton , as well as George P. Bush, the former Land Commissioner (Yes! he is the nephew of former President George W. Bush and the grandson of another President, George H.W. Bush). As many will recall Bush challenged Paxton for Attorney General in the 2022 primary which he subsequently lost. Since his defeat in the 2022 electoral cycle, Bush hasn't been idle, as he has built a massive war chest in preparation for another statewide run. Also another factor that may have whet Bush's appetite, is the success of his cousin Pierce Bush in winning election to the House of Representatives to represent the same 7th Congressional District, that their grandfather once held, in last year's election. There was a possibility that Lt. Governor Dan Patrick might run, he however has made it clear that he's staying put and was unwilling to engage in a spat with Paxton or Bush. On the Democratic side, there are rumors also floating around that Joaquin Castro will throw his stetson into the ring and take up the mantle that Beto O'Rourke , who is now considered a spent force, and is unwilling to take up. With the special election contest in Texas 5th, for the seat that was to be held by CIA Director, John Ratcliffe now underway and the with the eyes of Texas focused, it will be the only game in town.

Over to @SaintStan86 or @2016
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 05:55:21 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

TUESDAY MARCH 4 2025, it is reported  according to a source, that during a meeting in the Oval office yesterday, Treasury Secretary David McCormick, was informed by the President, that he doesn't have confidence in Federal Reserve Chairman, Jerome Powell's "ability to do his job".
The president has already met with Powell to discuss views on how the proposed Balanced budget amendment can be passed. Powell made it clear his reservations on the matter.
McCormick accepts that "its time for a new Fed Chairman!"
Most likely replacement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Bowman
Junior Chimp

« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2022, 06:14:26 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2022, 12:58:00 PM by 2016 »

60TH PRESIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATION

THE EXECUTIVE

President Ron DeSantis
of Florida

Source: Wikimedia Commons
Author: Government of Florida

Vice President Nikki Haley
of South Carolina

Author: United States Department of State

President of the United States of America RONALD DION „RON“ DESANTIS (SWORN IN JANUARY 2020 2025)

Vice President of the United States of America NIKKI RANDHAWA HALEY (SWORN IN JANUARY 2020 2025)

THE PRESIDENTIAL CABINET

Secretary of State: Nominated former National Security Advisor ROBERT CHARLES O'BRIEN as Secretary of State on November 18th 2024 (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Sworn in as Secretary of State Tuesday January 21st 2025)

Secretary of Defense: Nominated former Navy Secretary KENNETH BRAITHWAITE as Secretary of Defense on December 6th 2024 (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Sworn in as Secretary of Defense Tuesday January 21st 2025)

Secretary of the Treasury: Nominated former Hedge Fund Manager & 2024 Pennsylvania Senate Candidate DAVID HAROLD MCCORMICK as Secretary of the Treasury December 17th 2024 (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Sworn in as Secretary of the Treasury Tuesday January 21st 2025)

All 3 Individuals were confirmed because of a Deal that had been struck between Republican Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn of Texas & Democratic Senate Minority Leader Charles "Chuck" Schumer of New York before President DeSantis took Office on Monday, January 20th at Noon.
O'Brien, Braithwaite & McCormick were sworn into Office on the Morning of Tuesday, January 21st by Vice President Nikki Haley.
White House Chief of Staff Byron Lowell Donalds & National Security Advisor Dina Habib Powell-McCormick took the Oath of Office that same Day.

Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Nominated Florida Congressman BRIAN JEFFERY MAST as Secretary of Veterans Affairs on December 27th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 75-25; Summitted Resignation to the Speaker of the House Monday, January 27th 2025)

Secretary of Homeland Security: Nominated Florida Congressman CARLOS ANTONIO GIMENEZ as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security on December 21st 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 82-18; Summitted Resignation to the Speaker of the House Monday, January 27th 2025)

Vice President Nikki Haley once again administered the Oath of Office for both, Mast & Gimenez during the Afternoon Hours of Monday, January 27th 2025 after both House Members summitted their Resignations in the Morning.

The next Confirmation Roll Call Votes will be for Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin to be Secretary of Commerce and Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse to be Secretary of Education. The Senate will likely to vote during the Senate Business Hours on Tuesday, January 28th 2022 or Wednesday, January 29th 2022 as Senate Majority Leader Cornyn has already filled for Cloture.

Secretary of Commerce: Nominated Virginia Governor GLENN ALLEN YOUNGKIN as Secretary of the Department of Commerce on December 2nd 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 85-15; Resigned as 74th Governor of Virginia on Thursday January 30th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Commerce Friday January 31st 2025)

Secretary of Education: Nominated Nebraska Senator BENJAMIN ERIC SASSE as Secretary of the Department of Education December 27th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 83-16; Summitted Resignation to the Senate Thursday January 30th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Education Friday January 31st 2025)

Secretary of Energy: Nominated former Utah Governor JON MAEDE HUNTSMAN as Secretary of the Department of Energy on December 6th 2024 (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Sworn in as Secretary of Energy Friday February 7th 2025)

Secretary of Housing & Urban Development: Nominated South Carolina Senator TIMOTHY EUGENE SCOTT as Secretary of the Department of Housing & Urban Development on December 2nd 2024 (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Summitted Resignation to the Senate Thursday February 6th 2025; Sworn in as Secretary of Housing & Urban Development Friday February 7th 2025)

Director of National Intelligence: Nominated Utah Congressman CHRISTOPHER DOUGLAS STEWART as Director of National Intelligence on November 18th 2024 (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Sworn in as Director of National Intelligence Friday February 7th 2025)

Secretary of Transportation: Nominated former Administrator of the Federal Highway Administration NICOLE ROBILOTTO NASON as Secretary of the Department of Transportation on December 2nd 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 66-33; Sworn in as Secretary of Transportation Friday February 7th 2025)

In another Deal reached between Majority Leader Cornyn & Minority Leader Schumer 3 more of President DeSantis Cabinet Nominations were confirmed on Thursday, February 6th 2025 by a proforma Vote: Jon Meade Huntsman as Secretary of Energy, Timothy Eugene Scott as Secretary of Housing & Urban Development & Christopher Douglas Stewart as Director of National Intelligence. The Senate conducted one Roll Call Vote and confirmed Nicole Robilotto Nason as Secretary of Transportation with a 66-33 Vote.

Director of the Central Intelligence Agency: Nominated Texas Congressman JOHN LEE RATCLIFFE as Director of Central Intelligence Agency on December 21st 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 71-27; Sworn in as the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Wednesday February 12th 2025)

Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn of Texas has indicated that at least 4 more Votes will be taken next week for the Nomination of Interior, Health & Human Services, Agriculture and the Environment Protection Agency.

Secretary of the Interior: Nominated South Dakota Governor KRISTI LYNN NOEM as Secretary of the Department of the Interior on December 6th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 58-42; Sworn in as Secretary of the Interior Friday February 14th 2025)

Secretary of Health & Human Services: Nominated former HUD Secretary under President Trump BENJAMIN SOLOMON CARSON SR as Secretary of the Department of Health & Human Services on December 27th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 67-33; Sworn in as Secretary of Health & Human Services Monday February 17th 2025)

Secretary of Agriculture: Nominated former Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner RYAN FRANCIS QUARLES as Secretary of the Department of Agriculture on December 6th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 76-24; Sworn in as Secretary of Agriculture Monday February 17th 2025)

Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency: Nominated the CEO of the Florida Everglades Foundation ERIC EIKENBERG as Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency on December 6th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 70-30; Sworn in as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Monday February 17th 2025)

The Week from Monday, February 17th to Friday February 21st 2025 will likely be the Final Week where the Final DeSantis' Cabinet Confirmation Votes will take place.

Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn has scheduled Votes for the Department of Labor, the Administrator of the Small Business Administration, the Director of the Office of Management & Budget, the U. S. Trade Representative as well as the Chair of the Council of Econmic Advisors and the Director of the Office of Science & Tech Policy with potentially either the Vote for Attorney General or Ambassador to the United Nations being the Final ones.

Chairman of the National Council of Economic Advisors: Nominated Club for Growth Co-Founder STEPHEN MOORE as Chairman of the National Council of Economic Advisors on December 2nd 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 78-22; Sworn in as Chairman of the National Council of Economic Advisors Thursday February 20th 2025)

U. S. Trade Representative: Nominated the Microsoft Deputy General Counsel CURTIS JOSEPH „CJ“ MAHONEY as U. S. Trade Representative on December 21st 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 76-24; Sworn in as U. S. Trade Representative Thursday February 20th 2025)

Administrator of the Small Business Administration: Nominated the President of the National Federation of Independent Business BRAD CLOSE as Administrator of the Small Business Administration on December 2nd 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 81-19; Sworn in as Administrator of the Small Business Administration February 20th 2025)

Director Office of Management & Budget: Nominated the Dean of the Pepperdine University School of Public Policy PETER PETERSON as Director of the Office of Management and Budget on December 21st 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 80-20; Sworn in as the Director of the Office of Management and Budget February 20th 2025)

Office of Science & Tech Policy: Nominated the Senior Vice President of Tesla ANDREW DAVID „DREW“ BAGLINO as Director of the Office of Science & Tech Policy on December 2nd 2024 (confirmed via proforma Voice Vote; Sworn in as Director of the Office of Science & Tech Policy Friday February 21st 2025)

Ambassador to the United Nations: Nominated the former acting Director of National Intelligence RICHARD ALLEN GRENELL as Ambassador to the United Nations on November 18th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 54-46; Sworn in as Ambassador to the United Nations Friday February 21st 2025)

Secretary of Labor: Nominated Venture Capitalist & 2022 Arizona Republican Senate Nominee BLAKE GATES MASTERS as Secretary of the Department of Labor on December 27th 2024 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 59-41; Sworn in as Secretary of Labor Friday February 21st 2025)

THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
CONFIRMATION

Nominated former Texas Senator RAFAEL EDWARD CRUZ as Attorney General on January 7th 2025 (shortly after President DeSantis was inaugurated Questions began to arise on this Nomination with several Republican Senators declaring not to confirm the Presidents Pick; a botched Interview on CBS's 60 Minutes on February 2nd 2025 eventually sunk the Cruz' Nomination; the former Texas Senator, after a Meeting with Senior White House Staff & Advisors, subsequently withdrew his Nomination on Monday February 3rd 2025)

In the immediate Aftermath after the failed Ted Cruz' Nomination Speculation surrounded who would replace him with two Names frequently being mentioned, former SOCILITOR GENERAL under President Trump NOEL FRANCISCO as well as UNITED STATES JUDGE FOR THE 11TH COURT OF APPEALS BARBARA LAGOA, who won her Appointment as a Judge to the Federal Bench in 2019 by a resounding 80-15 Vote.
After deliberatating with CoS Donalds, Senior Advisor Brad Herold & White House Council Chris Sprowls President DeSantis eventually decided on a compromise nominating LAGOA as Attorney General & FRANCISCO as Deputy Attorney General.
News to the Media leaked out during the Afternoon of Wednesday, February 5th 2025 that LAGOA would be chosen and she was officially nominated by President DeSantis during the early Evening of Friday February 7th 2025 in the East Room of the White House with her family & Vice President Haley in Attendance.
Lagoa's Selection drew widespread support from Senate Republicans with Majority Leader John Cornyn telling FOX NEWS BRET BAIER during an Interview on Special Report that her Nomination would be fast tracked. When questioned why Cornyn stayed mum but Sources inside the White House claimed that President DeSantis wanting her to be confirmed before a Joint Session of Congress where he would address the Nation for the first time since his Inaugural Address which House Speaker Steve Scalise invited him for Wednesday, February 26th 2025.

Nominated former United States Judge for the 11th Court of Appeals BARBARA LAGOA as Attorney General on February 7th 2025 (confirmed via Senate Roll Call Vote 69-30 on February 21st 2025; Sworn in 87th Attorney General and only the 3rd Women to hold this Office on Tuesday February 25th 2025)

NON CABINET-LEVEL APPOINTMENTS

WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF: Nominated Florida Congressman BYRON LOWELL DONALDS as WH CoS on November 7th 2024 (Sworn in as WH CoS Tuesday January 21st 2025 & assumed Office that same Day)

WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECREATRY: Nominated former WH Press Secretary KAYLEIGH MCENANY as WH Press Secretary on November 7th 2024 (McEnany assumed Office January 21st 2025)

WHITE HOUSE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR: Nominated 2024 Campaign Spokeswoman CHRISTINA PUSHAW as WH Communications Director on November 7th 2024 (Pushaw assumed Office January 21st 2025)

COUNSELOR & LEAD WHITE HOUSE ADVISOR: Nominated Florida Republican Party Chairman JOE GRUTERS as Counselor & Lead WH Advisor on December 17th 2024 (Gruters assumed Office January 21st 2025)

SENIOR ADVISOR TO THE PRESIDENT: Nominated FL-based Strategist BRAD HEROLD as Senior Advisor on December 17th 2024 (Herold assumed Office January 21st 2025)

WHITE HOUSE COUNSEL: Nominated Former Speaker of the Florida House CHRIS SPROWLS as White House Counsel on December 17th 2024 (Sprowls assumed Office January 21st 2025)

NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR: Nominated former Deputy National Security Advisor DINA POWELL-MCCORMICK as National Security Advisor on November 18th 2024 (Sworn in as NSA Tuesday January 21st 2025 & assumed Office that same Day)

HOMELAND SECURITY ADVISOR: Nominated former Virginia Attorney General KEN CUCCINELLI as Homeland Security Advisor on December 21st 2024 (Sworn in as Homeland Security Advisor Tuesday January 21st 2025 & assumed Office that same Day)

DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL DRUG CONTROL POLICY: Nominated former Federal Prosecutor KASHYAP PRAMOD „KASH“ PATEL as Director of the National Drug Control Policy or better know as „Drug Czar“ on December 21st 2024 (Sworn in as „Drug Czar“ Tuesday January 21st 2025 & assumed Office that same Day)

CHAIRMAN OF THE COUNCIL ON ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY: Nominated the Commissioner of the Texas Environmental Quality JON NIERMANN as Chairman of the Council on Environmental Quality on December 8th 2024 (Sworn in as Chairman of the Council on Environmental Quality Tuesday January 21st 2025 & assumed Office that same Day)

ADMINISTRATOR OF THE NATIONAL AERONAUTICS & SPACE AGENGY: Retained current NASA Administrator & Former Florida Senator CLARENCE WILLIAM „BILL“ NELSON as Administrator of the National Aeronautics & Space Agency (Nelson was Sworn In as NASA Administrator by then Vice President Kamala D. Harris on May 3rd 2021)

DIRECTOR OF THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION: Nominated Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner MARK GLASS as Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation on March 3rd 2025;)

VICE PRESIDENT CHIEF OF STAFF: Vice President NIKKI HALEY tapped former Chief of Staff to Melania Trump STEPHANIE GRISHAM as her personal CoS on February 5th 2025 (Sworn in as Haley's personal CoS Wednesday February 5th 2025 & assumed Office that same Day)

VICE PRESIDENT PRESS SECRETARY: Vice President NIKKI HALEY tapped former White House Communications Director under President Trump HOPE HICKS as her personal Press Secretary on March 4th 2025 (Hope Hicks assumed Office on March 4th 2025)

VICE PRESIDENT COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR: Announced former Trump Director for Strategic Communications MERCEDES SCHLAPP as Communications Director to the Vice President on April 9th 2025 (Mercedes Schlapp assumed Office on April 9th 2025)

NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR TO THE VICE PRESIDENT:
Vice President NIKKI HALEY tapped a close friend and her former Chief of Staff when she was Ambassador to the United Nations under President Trump DAVID GLACCUM as her personal National Security Advisor on March 4th 2025 (David Glaccum was sworn in and assumed Office on March 4th 2025)
GLACCUM will serve in a Dual Role being also named Special Assistant to the President.

This Post will of course be updated on a a regular basis whenever new Developments occur.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2022, 06:43:18 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2022, 07:21:57 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

WHITE HOUSE, ANNOUNCES THAT DAVID GLACCUM WILL BE NSC ADVISOR TO THE VICE PRESIDENT, It has been announced that Vice President Nikki Haley selected David Glaccum to be her NSC advisor. Glaccum previously served as Haley's , Chief of Staff at the United Nations, served on her staff during her time as Governor of South Carolina. Glaccum who will also be Special assistant to the President, and along with Hope Hicks, the Vice President's chief spokesperson and Stephanie Grisham,  the Vice President's Chief of Staff will all be travelling with Haley on her Asian trip.

David Glaccum, National Security Advisor to the Vice President

Stephanie Grisham, Chief of Staff to the Vice President

Hope Hicks, Press Secretary to the Vice President

WEDNESDAY MARCH 5 2025: FIRST DAY OF SOUTHERN BORDER

Vice President Haley, state's  her "Shock at the extent to how the border is not being patrolled properly...the influx of migrants is earth shattering and seeing it my eyes, tells me enough"
Senator Kirsten Sinema, is informed by several border agents, "We were instructed by those at the higher level of authority, not to interfere with the flow of migrants and the policy of 'catch and release' was not to be enforced.
Senator John Hickenlooper,  and Homeland Security Secretary Carlos Gimenez,  but told reporter's that the tales they heard regarding "the systemic refusal to address the issues we now see with our own eye's, is astonishing, we don't have a border down here...it's a joke and a bad one at that".
A supervising border agent, referred to the time,  that former Vice President Kamala Harris on her tour to the border nearly four years ago, "Saw what you're seeing today, but only difference between then and now, it was nowhere nearly as bad...yet she stated there were no problems! What planet was she on". Senator Mark Kelly,  stated, "What we've seen today, is only the tip of the iceberg...this is Arizona, I can't imagine what we will see in New Mexico and Texas over the next few day's".
Hope Hicks,  the Vice President's Press Secretary confirmed that "there will be stops in New Mexico tomorrow to examine the border situation there as well". When asked to expand on the statement, Hicks, added Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham and Senator's Mark Ronchetti and Ben Ray Lujan,  invited the Vice president and her party to visit the border area in New Mexico as well, Lujan , "I have major disagreements with the Republican's, but I'm afraid on the issue of Border Security, I have to part ways with Senator Schumer , this issue goes way beyond politics, I'm saddened that my colleague from New York, refuses to acknowledge how bad the situation down here actually is and I will support whatever efforts the DeSantis administration make to resolve the problems that now exist". Kaitlin Collins, who is now part of the White House travelling corps, "I wouldn't have believed it, had I not seen the extent of how bad things actually are, I had assumed that people were over dramatizing matters, I'm afraid they are not".
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2022, 02:50:14 AM »

WEDNESDAY MARCH  5 2025: GLASS AND KARSTEN CONFIRMATION HEARINGS, SCHEDULED TO BEGIN ON MARCH 10, WITH A FULL SENATE VOTE TO COMMENCE AND CONCLUDE, BEFORE THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS,  THE FOLLOWING THURSDAY,  SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN, LINDSEY GRAHAM: Senate Judiciary  Committee Chairman, Lindsey Graham (R-S.C) announced this morning. There had been ongoing discussions between the White House and the office of Senate Majority leader,John Cornyn (R-TX)
to call the Senate into recess briefly in order for President DeSantis to make recess appointments, however due to objections made by  Senate Minority Leader, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) over issues of precedence. Instead an agreement waa struck that both the Glass and Karsten nominations would be fast tracked. However despite this agreement reached between the White House and the Senate leadership, Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)   has indicated she will raise objections to the confirmations on procedural grounds.
Vice President Haley , along with Attorney General, Barbara Lagoa,  along with Homeland Security Secretary Carlos Gimenez,  along with Senator's Mark Kelly and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), as well as John Hickenlooper (D-CO)Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) along with many others. The visit to the Border will include stops in Arizona and Texas; The Vice President's chief of staff, Stephanie Grisham,  indicated "That is trip will not be a photo opportunity to make a point, but rather a fact finding mission to get information and a first hand report from Border Patrol Agents and residents who live along the border". Grisham also added, "There will be many other visits to the border, as the President wants a compromise and detailed report to ensure that the administration will be able to make informed decision on how to best eliminate the problems that currently exist".
Junior Chimp

« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2022, 06:46:40 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2022, 01:04:06 PM by 2016 »

Wednesday March 5 2025
VP HALEY HEADS TO SOUTHERN BORDER WITH EXPANDED LIST OF STOPS & ELECTED OFFICIALS...

Air Force Two
sitting at Joint Base Andrews

Source:
Author: US Department of State

Vice President of the United States
Nikki Haley

Author: United States Department of State

Vice President Nikki Haley will head to the Southern Border today with an expanded list of Stops and Elected Officials along with Secretary of Homeland Security Carlos Gimenez and Attorney General Barbara Lagoa.

On Monday, March 3rd it was reported that these seven elected Officials would join the VP on her trip to Texas:

• Rep. Cassandra „Cassy“ Garcia
  • Rep. Monica de la Cruz-Hernandez
  • Rep. Mayra Flores
  • Rep. Morgan Cisneros Graham
  • Rep. Tony Gonzalez
  • Former Rep. Henry Cuellar
  • Florida Senator Marco Rubio

Since then Senators Dan Cranshaw of Texas and John Hickenlooper of Colorado have been added to that List. VP Haley will also make a trip to the Border State of Arizona that was visited by President DeSantis last week. Senators Kyrsten Sinema & Mark Kelly are still in their Home State and all are expected to return to Washington during the Friday AM Hours.
As outlined by the Vice Presidents Chief of Staff Stephanie Grisham this trip will have no photo ops for the Media. The purpose of this trip is to hear first hand from border patrol agents & residents living along border communities. The VP will have plenty to say about it in the Days to come.

UPDATE
VP Haley's Press Secretary Hope Hicks announced that New Mexico has also being added as stop. Governor Michelle Luján Grisham, in a stark contrast to her Democratic Colleague from Arizona, Governor Katie Hobbs, sent out invitations to the Vice President and her Team along with Senators Ben Ray Luján & Mark Ronchetti.

CNN REPORTER SHOCKED ABOUT SITUATION AT THE ARIZONA BORDER
CNN Reporter KAITLAN COLLINS, who is now part of the White House travelling Press Corps was in shock after seeing the situation at the Arizona Border „I wouldn't have believed it, had I not seen the extent of how bad things actually are, I had assumed that people were over dramatizing matters, I'm afraid they are not.“

Still in Arizona...
HEAVY CRITSISM DIRECTED AT ARIZONA GOVERNOR KATIE HOBBS...
Arizona State Treasurer Kimberly Yee, who could be a potential Gubernatorial Candidate in 2026, directed heavy critisism towards the Governor of her State: „The Governor turned a blind eye on the situation at our border despite numerous warnings. Why do we have a Governor then? Sometimes if you don't get help from the Federal Govtm. you have to take matters in your own hand. All what she had to do was ask me and I would have provided help as much as I could funding border security, border patrol agents, etc.“

Evening in Arizona...
NIKKI HALEY IN HER OWN WORDS BEFORE BOARDING AIR FORCE TWO EN ROUTE TO LAS CRUCES/WHITE SANDS, NEW MEXICO
„This Administration will turn not a blind eye on the problems we are facing as Country! We will bring help as soon as we humanly possible can!“

FLORIDA SENATOR MARCO RUBIO PREDICTS AS HE TOO LEAVES ARIZONA FOR NEW MEXICO...
Florida Senator Marco Rubio predicts as he too boarded Air Force Two that quote:„Many more of my Democratic Colleagues accross the aisle will join the Administrations' Effort to secure our Southern Border after the Vice President has presented her Report to the President & Congress. It is going to take at least a year to clean up the over capacity border communities no matter how fast Congress moves on this. What we need is a Border Security Bill and in that at least around 80,000 - 90,000 new border patrol agents, background checks on those who already migrated into our country and permission for the Department of Justice to crack down these Smugglers, Cartels, etc who are making our communities here at the border less safe. We are all working on that. Once that all is done we can look & craft Immigration Reform and overhaul the System. Finally our border patrol friends on the other side in Mexico have to pony up some security as well.“
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2022, 08:14:27 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2022, 06:58:36 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

WEDNESDAY MARCH 5 2025: White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, in remarks delivered in her daily brief, stated the President and Vice President had a conversation shortly after 6:00 p.m. EST, and the Vice President referred to the crisis at the border, "As nothing short of chaotic and something has to be done as soon as possible". McEnany,  also added that the President's response was "Tell me about it, and your report should add clarity to a situation that needs resolution".
During the press conference, McEnany,  announced that during the President's trip to Los Angeles between March 7-9, apart from attending the Republican Governor's Association,  there will also be a town-hall meeting, in which the President will field a series of questions on a variety of topics. Many political commentators however concede a majority of the questions will relate to the Border situation.
The White House, has updated the President's travel schedule and it is now known that Congresswoman Young Kim along with Senator Kevin McCarthy will join the president on the trip out to California. When asked to comment on the significance of Congressman Mike Garcia absence from the trip, McEnany declined to comment, stating that the "Congressman was not travelling due to prior commitments..".
On Fox's Hannity later that night, "It appears folks that President DeSantis has already made it clear on who is his preferred candidate in next year's Governor's contest in California".
THURSDAY MARCH 6 2025
"The worse this border crisis looks, and from what I'm hearing from Arizona, it is bad! How can the picture from New Mexico or Texas be any better? And when you consider these questions, what I'd like to know and I'm sure an awful lot of folks, would like to know, is how do Democrat Border crisis deniers such as Schumer say with a straight face, that it's just hysteria and fabricated? Quipped Scott Jennings, CNN political commentator.
Sean Hannity , stated on his his radio program on Fox News Radio, added this damning indictment against "Democrats and snowflake liberals have for long enough ridiculed or dismissed the idea of a Southern border crisis, but what do the likes of Joy Reid or Lawrence O'Donnell are saying everything is fabricated! I guess Joy or Lawrence you might want to tell Senator's Hickenlooper, Kelly, Lujan and Sinema that they are making things as well! Listen folks, before you listen to Democrats such as Schumer or crybaby liberals like Lawrence O'Donnell or Joy Reid and Alex Wagner who know better than most on how to gaslight anyone who pays attention to them, know this, the President and many within the Democratic party want to end the madness and I know Vice President Haley will not be saying, everything is okay, unlike Kamala Harris,  who lied to the American people.
The Vice president along with others in her party completed a second full day visiting the Border, this time in New Mexico, "I thought things were bad in Arizona, but there are hardly any resources in New Mexico, I dred to see what we'll see in Texas tomorrow. The previous administration has been woefully negligent and its difficult to understand how they were able to ignore the warning signs!"

Senator Mark Kelly of Arizona listening to Border security officials in Arizona yesterday.

Vice President Haley speaking to residents and Border agents in Yuma, Arizona, yesterday.

Senator Marco Rubio of Florida in New Mexico, with Border agents.

Homeland Security Secretary Carlos Gimenez, speaks with residents in Yuma, Arizona.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2022, 05:44:18 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2022, 09:14:42 AM by 2016 »

Thursday March 6 2025
MORE BAD NEWS OUT OF NEW MEXICO & TEXAS?
As VP Haley continues her Southern Border Trip the Question her Aides are contemplating: Will it get more worse in New Mexico & Texas after what they have seen in Arizona?

NEW MEXICO AM
VP Haley, her Team and the elected Officials travelling with her were greeted by New Mexico Governor Michelle Luján Grisham, Senators Ben Ray Luján, Mark Ronchetti and Congresswoman Yvette Herrell, as Air Force Two touched down in White Sands, New Mexico. Rep. Herrells District covers the entire New Mexico/Mexico Border and she sounded very concerned as the Team embarked for the ride to the border.

The Vice President once again voiced concern particular about the lack of resources that is required to combat Mass Migration especially in a small State like New Mexico. That was echoed by the supervising Border Partrol Agents she spoke with as they told her „There is almost ZERO Infrastructure in place here in the State to combat the border and curb mass migration.“ The Agents told her that they were told during the previous Administration not to intervene. The Agents voiced heavy critisism towards former Vice President Kamala Harris.

MEANWHILE GOVERNOR GRISHAM MADE A SHOCKING ADMISSION...
recalling a Conversation she had in her Office with Officials from the Homeland Security Department who at that time was led by Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas.
„Are you sure you want me to do this staying out of this? Have you even contemplated what might happen if we go down this road?“ The Officials did not seem to be interested in my concerns and just asked not to intervene. Grisham said „In hindsight I made the wrong call there and should have ignored them but I felt my hands sort of were tied up. I admit, I was wrong and Senator Ronchetti, who is with us here today, was right.“ (Ronchetti was Grishams Rival for Governor in 2022).
Grisham is termed out as Governor of New Mexico and cannot run for Re-Election in 2026. She echoed her brothers quote, Senator Ben Ray Luján from Arizona last Night saying: I will support whatever efforts the DeSantis administration make to resolve the problems that now exist“.

NEW MEXICO PM
Former New Mexico Governor & potential 2026 Governor Candidate Susana Martinez joined the Border Delegation during the PM Hours. She said she was feeling for the current Governor, Michelle Luján Grisham but admitted „We both probably made our fair share of mistakes when it comes to our border here in New Mexico recalling the Family Seperation Policy under former President Trump which was executed by then Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. I was massivly appaled by that but choose not to intervene given the temper Trump often had during his Presidency. Conclusion: Neither of these Policies, the Family Seperation or the Mass Migration will solve the problem. We've to come together and find a compromise for everyone involved“.

And with that I am throwing it back to President Stanton for the Day in Texas Smiley
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2022, 07:40:18 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2022, 09:51:20 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Thursday March 6 2025
MORE BAD NEWS OUT OF NEW MEXICO & TEXAS?
As VP Haley continues her Southern Border Trip the Question her Aides are contemplating: Will it get more worse in New Mexico & Texas after what they have seen in Arizona?
Vice President Haley along with Homeland Security Secretary Carlos Gimenez , Attorney General Barbara Lagoa, Senator's John Hickenlooper, Mark Kelly, Ben Ray Lujan, Kyrsten Sinema, Mark Ronchetti and Marco Rubio,  with Governor's  Greg Abbott of Texas and Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico visited areas of the Southern border in the state of New Mexico yesterday, there will be visits to El Paso and the other areas of the southern  border in Texas today.

Senator  Mark Ronchetti of New Mexico, speaking with resident about how border security crisis affects her and her family.

Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico, facing angry residents over lack of response from both federal and state response to ongoing migrant influx.

Senator Ben Ray Lujan of New Mexico speaking with Border agents at one of the points in New Mexico which Migrants use to cross into USA.
Saying of the migrant influx, Lujan,  "This can't or mustn't go on any longer, I see things that I was assured weren't happening by many in the Biden administration and of course I Didn't question them. I see what I see, and it isn't pretty! We won't ignore this problem any longer!"
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2022, 09:50:17 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2022, 10:28:25 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

FRIDAY MARCH 7 2025: CAPITOL HILL,  WASHINGTON DC A flustered and angry Senate Minority Leader, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY), restive and slightly more combative media at his daily press briefing, the Vice President's visit to the southern border was raised, particularly the reports of how things had deteriorated during the southern border, Schumer, blamed the DeSantis administration for ignoring the crisis and not addressing it sooner.
Jim Bitterman, CNN: "Senator, pardon me, don't you mean the Biden administration, which had been in office for four year's until last January?
Schumer : No! Jim, the DeSantis administration, they have been in office since January and they've done literally nothing!
Mike Emanuel, Fox News: So let's get this straight, you attach no blame whatsoever to the Biden administration,  an administration it might be added, willfully ignored the crisis at the southern border for four year's, a crisis I might ad, which has worsened...
Schumer,  Mike I presume you've a question to ask, and save the soapbox!
Emanuel: I do Senator, and the question is this, how come in the past couple of weeks, have you and other members of the Democratic party, have dismissed the crisis, claiming there was no crisis and everything has been fabricated by Republican's purely for political purposes?
Schumer: That's not the case Mike, our caucus have been considering the President's cabinet nomination's and his agenda.
Chad Pergram, Fox News: Senator, I hate to break it to you, but the border crisis is the President's agenda.
Schumer: Well it might be, but it's really no a crisis, and can easily fixed!
Leigh Ann Caldwell, NBC: So Senator, why didn't the Biden administration fix the problem?
Schumer : Well as I understand the former Vice President, stated there was nothing wrong.
Pergram: You mean Kamala Harris?
Schumer: Well yes, it was her responsibility and if there was no problem at the border, as she clearly stated, how could there been a problem?
Bitterman: Senator, four members of your caucus, and they include Senator's John Hickenlooper of Colorado, Mark Kelly of Arizona, Ben Lujan of New Mexico and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, have been visiting the Border with the Vice President,  and two members of the President's cabinet, and all four of them have indicated that they will support any Border Security bill that is tabled, considering that fact alone, will support such a bill?
Schumer , I would have to look at the language. Also two of those four Senator's are up for reelection next year, so I can understand their positions.
Emanuel: Are you going to pay a visit to the border?
Schumer: I'd have to look at my schedule!

Senate Minority Leader, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

NEXT UP: PRESIDENT DESANTIS TRIP TO LOS ANGELES; CALIFORNIA POLITICS AND TOWN HALL MEETING PLANNING.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2022, 11:21:05 AM »

POLLING INDUSTRY SHAKEUP
CAMPAIGN NEWS 2025-2028
NETWORKS ANNOUNCE NEW POLLING PARTNERS FOR NEXT TWO ELECTION CYCLES AFTER MISSING BADLY DURING TRUMP YEARS

• CNN announced the well-known GALLUP POLLING INSTITUTE for their National and Statewide Polling during the 2026/2028 Election Cycle. Gallup partnered with CNN in the late 1990ties and early 2000's.
  • NBC NEWS announced it had hired the well regarded MASON-DIXON POLLING & RESEARCH GROUP for their State Polls after dumping Marist in 2022. NBC will still stick with Public Opinion Strategies/Hart Research for their NBC NEWS NATIONAL POLL.
  • FOX NEWS new Political Director Bill Hemmer announced the Network had official hired the TRAFALGAR GROUP for their National & State Polling during the 2026 & 2028 Election Cycles
  • ABC NEWS & CBS NEWS meanwhile are sticking with their current Pollsters LANGER RESEARCH & YOUGOV

Brad Coker, Managing Director of Mason-Dixon thanked NBC NEWS for their new Partnership and said it's time to restore trust into Public Opinion.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2022, 12:58:46 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2022, 06:56:55 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

COUNTDOWN TO DESANTIS TOWN-HALL, AS PRESIDENT DESANTIS READIES TO DEPART FOR LOS ANGELES,  TO ATTEND THE UPCOMING REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR'S ASSOCIATION MEETING AND TOWN-HALL EVENT AT LOS ANGELES ICONIC PAULEY PAVILION. THE PRESIDENT WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE FIRST LADY, CONGRESSWOMAN YOUNG KIM AND CONGRESSMAN MIKE GARCIA AS WELL SENATOR KEVIN MCCARTHY AND SPECIAL ADVISOR, BRAD HEROLD [/b]
In a Last minute addition and to avoid the appearance that President DeSantis was showing favoritism in the Republican contest for Governor of California next year, Congressman Garcia was invited to travel with the President to California.

Will be interested to see what the the data which pollsters mine from the Haley southern border tour and the prospective DeSantis town-hall event in Los Angeles. The CBS 60 minutes special with Kamala Harris is shouldn't conflict with DeSantis Town -hall event.
UNAVISION, NBC AND FOX NEWS, WILL ALL BROADCAST THE DESANTIS TOWN HALL SPECIALIN LOS ANGELES ON SUNDAY NIGHT. In a rare collaboration effort, Unavision, Fox News and NBC will jointly broadcast and host the upcoming town-hall event in Los Angeles, in which President  DeSantis will field a variety of questions from a total of 52 votes, representing Democrat, Independent,  Republican and other political affiliations.There will be three moderators, and they will be Enrique Acevedo from Unavision, Jessica Tarlov from Fox News and Lynette Romero from NBC, the broadcast event will commence at 9:00 p.m. EST and last for 90 minutes. The town-hall is expected to attract an estimated audience of between 100 and 190 million.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2022, 01:08:08 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2022, 01:42:10 PM by 2016 »

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS ASSOCIATION
2025 WINTER MEETING, LOS ANGELES (March 7-9)

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS ASSOCIATION RELEASES PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE FOR THEIR 2025 ANNUAL WINTER MEETING (SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CURRENT RGA CHAIR)

DAY 1

• ELECTION OF THE NEW RGA VICE-CHAIR
  • ELECTION OF THE NEW RGA CHAIR
  • Speakers: Governor Ken Simpler (Delaware), Governor Derek Schmidt (Kansas), Governor Doug Burgum (North Dakota), Governor Larry Rhoden (South Dakota), Governor Brad Little (Idaho), Governor Mark Gordon (Wyoming), Governor Jim Pillen (Nebraska), Governor Greg Gianforte (Montana), Governor Jeff Landry (Louisiana), Governor Mike Dunleavy (Alaska)

DAY 2

• Speakers: Governor Kay Ivey (Alabama), Governor Kim Reynolds (Iowa), Governor Kevin Stitt (Oklahoma), Governor Spencer Cox (Utah), Governor Phil Scott (Vermont), Governor Chris Sununu (New Hampshire), Governor Tate Reeves (Mississippi), Governor Bill Lee (Tennessee), Governor Doug Mastriano (Pennsylvania), Governor Mike DeWine (Ohio)

DAY 3

• Speakers: Governor Brian Kemp (Georgia), TBD, Governor Chris Miller (West Virginia), Governor Greg Abbott (Texas), Governor Henry McMaster (South Carolina), Governor Tudor Dixon (Michigan), Governor Tim Michels (Wisconsin), Governor Joe Lombardo (Nevada), Governor Winsome Sears (Virginia), Governor Jeanette Nuñez (R-Florida)
  • FLOTUS OF THE UNITED STATES Casey DeSantis
  • POTUS OF THE UNITED STATES Ron DeSantis
  • SPECIAL GUEST(S)
  • NEWLY ELECTED RGA VICE CHAIR
  • NEWLY ELECTED RGA CHAIR
  • TOWN HALL MEETING WITH PRESIDENT DESANTIS to be broadcasted by NBC NEWS, UNIVISION and FOX NEWS

NBC MEET THE PRESS with Chuck Todd on Sunday March 9th will air from Los Angeles including an Interview with the newly elected RGA Chair.

@President Stanton: I've left 3 Speaker Spots open as the RGA Race will likely come down to Mark Robinson (NC), Sarah Huckabee-Sanders (AR) and Christine Drazan (OR).
Junior Chimp

« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2022, 01:39:24 PM »

@President Stanton,
My guess is that President DeSantis will endorse Rep. Young Kim for Governor of California and Rep. Mike Garcia for Lieutenant Governor of California BUT that is just a guess on my behalf. It though would be a very powerful Ticket and I certainly would have them both on Stage during the 3rd Day at the RGA.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2022, 01:40:38 PM »

@2016, Isn't Ron DeSantis known as POTUS and Casey DeSantis is FLOTUS? Whilst Nikki Haley is VPOTUS, but is Haley's husband the SGOTUS? Onto RGA chairman, my money is on Drazan , as Oregon can be considered on loan, while North Carolina is more reliably Republican , also while Robinson doesn't have the seniority! Just a thought.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2022, 01:48:10 PM »

@2016, Isn't Ron DeSantis known as POTUS and Casey DeSantis is FLOTUS? Whilst Nikki Haley is VPOTUS, but is Haley's husband the SGOTUS? Onto RGA chairman, my money is on Drazan , as Oregon can be considered on loan, while North Carolina is more reliably Republican , also while Robinson doesn't have the seniority! Just a thought.
Yeah, I had a slight hickup. I've changed it to POTUS & FLOTUS now. Will be interesting to see what comes out of Texas today. Once of the Reasons I listed Greg Abbott on Day 3 at the RGA is because he is still in Texas on Friday. While Haley will head back to Washington after she wraps up Texas along with Gimenez, Lagoa and the Senators & Congresspeople Abbott is likely hooping on a plane bound for L. A.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2022, 03:06:18 PM »

PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2022, 03:59:33 PM »

@President Stanton,
My guess is that President DeSantis will endorse Rep. Young Kim for Governor of California and Rep. Mike Garcia for Lieutenant Governor of California BUT that is just a guess on my behalf. It though would be a very powerful Ticket and I certainly would have them both on Stage during the 3rd Day at the RGA.
My choice for RGA chairman would be Christine Drazan of Oregon and Chris Sununu of New Hampshire for Vice Chairman, as the position should give him some visibility in advance of his Senate run against Jean Shaheen.
As for the California Governorship and Lieutenant Governorship thing, I going in that direction myself. The likely scenario is that DeSantis had the "conversation" with Garcia as they travelled to California, that he had two options, run for reelection to his house seat, with a view to challenging Padilla for the Senate in 2028, or run for Lieutenant Governor in 2026 and still challenge Padilla in 2028; but the Governorship was out. I'm hedging my options on having Kamala Harris giving a  definitive response on her Governorship plans.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies