2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:53:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2025-29 -A Blank Canvas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Author Topic: 2025-29 -A Blank Canvas  (Read 15992 times)
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2022, 07:41:38 PM »

If this were the case, then the TL should be just as interesting! Democrats will likely win 15 to 25 House seats in '26, probably 1, maybe 2 Senate seats. However the 2028 election will be a wash, DeSantis will be reelected by a bigger margin in both the popular and electoral vote, it will likely be a "lonely landslide". But who knows? The TL will play out depending on how the storyline develops.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2022, 08:13:47 PM »

While official Washington and the nation reacted to President DeSantis and the First Lady hosted a coffee morning for the many visitors who received invitations to meet the President. After which both DeSantis and Haley and members of the incoming attended a ecumenical service of thanksgiving at the National Cathedral. The president and Vice President attended and presided over swearing in ceremonies for White House staffers, including incoming White House Chief of Staff, Byron Lowell Donalds and the new National Security Advisor,  Dina Powell McCormick.  Those cabinet members who received quick, easy and unanimous confirmation included Secretary of State, Robert Charles O'Brien , Secretary of the Treasury, David Harold McCormick ,  who's wife happens to be the National Security Advisor, and finally Secretary of Defense, Kenneth Braithwaite,  they all were sworn into office in the Oval office, the oaths of office being administered by Vice President Haley . There was tense moments in the White House Press Room, as White House Press  Secretary  Kayleigh McEnany was confronted by the press regarding the fitness of Ted Cruz, to be Attorney General, in scenes reminiscent of when then White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer   was involved in a disagreement with the press corps over the size of the crowds of Former President Donald Trump's inauguration. The confirmation of Ted Cruz would proceed, "No matter what made up controversies of our opponent's!" It appeared the honeymoon was coming to an end!
Next: Democratic resistance to Ted Cruz increases!

Is that even possible to confirm a Secretary of State (O'Brien), Secretary of Treasury (McCormick), Secretary of Defense (Braithwaite) unanimously via voice vote? I will have to check on this. Even if one Senator objects Cornyn has to hold a Floor Vote according to Senate Rules.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2022, 10:13:24 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2022, 10:31:27 PM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

O'Brien,  McCormick and Braithwaite like all of DeSantis's other cabinet and Agency head nominee's likely had to go through Senate Confirmation's, but note how DeSantis probably and cleverly waited until he was certain that his less controversial nominee's had cleared the confirmation process, before announcing the nomination of Cruz. Plus Republicans had a veto proof majority and its unlikely that any Republican Senator will raise any objections and any objection that Democrats will raise, Cornyn will likely brush those objections aside and the voice votes will likely be proforma and made possible by agreement with the minority, and with this in mind,  DeSantis deliberately delayed the Cruz nomination announcement. His first act as President was to sign the nomination paper's in order to fulfil the legal necessities. That is an opinion.
With regards to the growing opposition by Democrats , to the nomination of Ted Cruz as Attorney General, Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, raised the issue of Cruz's election denying activities regarding the 2020 election. Other Democrats were quick to pile on over the issue.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2022, 02:38:21 AM »

Cruz will be the most contentious hearing, but unlike someone like Ken Paxton, he's not going to be in any serious danger of being voted down. I could however, see enough Republican Senators vote against Cruz to the point where Nikki Haley is needed to break a tie, as Cruz is hated by pretty much everyone in the Senate that isn't Ted Cruz.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2022, 06:27:25 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 06:30:29 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Cruz will be the most contentious hearing, but unlike someone like Ken Paxton, he's not going to be in any serious danger of being voted down. I could however, see enough Republican Senators vote against Cruz to the point where Nikki Haley is needed to break a tie, as Cruz is hated by pretty much everyone in the Senate that isn't Ted Cruz.
If that's the case then Cornyn will have his work cut out for him, because the Democrats led by Schumer will be games to keep peeling away enough Republicans to defeat Cruz's nomination; he probably hopes that such hatred doesn't deny him his chance to be Attorney General.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2022, 06:37:39 AM »

This is Lindsey Graham on Ted Cruz:

“If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you,
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2022, 06:55:29 AM »

I think, now all of us are beginning to appreciate why DeSantis purposely held off on the nomination of an Attorney General, especially if that person was going to be Cruz . It is likely a strategic decision, so it wouldn't be a distraction from his other cabinet nomination's. Democrats weren't going to be his problem, because after all, his party had a solid majority and he was pretty sure that Republican's weren't going to be a problem, right?
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2022, 08:49:05 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 09:31:19 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Sunday, January 26, 2025: On Fox News Sunday, which is hosted by Sphannon Bream, the guest line-up included Sen. Chris Coons (D.-Del.) and  Thom Tillis (R.-N.C.) both members of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee, and the issue of concern was the nomination of Ted Cruz to be Attorney General, Coons raised the issue of Cruz's objections in January of 2021, to the certification of Joe Biden as President. Coons who is a good friend of Biden and replaced the former President, in the Senate upon his elevation to the Vice Presidency in 2009, Coons was voicing the latest Democratic talking point, that any Attorney General, shouldn't be engaged in "partisan power plays, his actions in January of four years ago, tells us all we know about Senator Cruz, in which he is inclined to employ the law for political advantage...can someone who embraces partisan political interests, execute the responsibilities of Attorney General without prejudice?". It was noteworthy that Tillis , didn't rebuff Coons arguments and spoke of Democrats eagerness to engage "In Gotcha politics and we need an Attorney General who won't inflame political passions". There is speculation that Tillis  who is likely to seek re-election to his seat in 2026, was guided by political realities and isn't likely to offer any real support to Cruz . Bream asked Tillis , whether he will vote for Cruz's nomination? He deftly dodged the question, reiterating his previous point, that "We need an Attorney General who won't inflame political positions". The other Sunday News program's were dominated by the Cruz's nomination. Another noteworthy event occurred last Friday, as the President and First Lady left for Camp David for the weekend, reporter's yelled questions asking, if DeSantis still supported Cruz The President basically ignored those questions, and the brief frown, written on his face, suggested that he was not happy with the Cruz situation.
While there has been growing opposition to the Cruz nomination by Democrats and the lack of vocal Republican support suggests that Cruz's journey to the Attorney General's position will not be a smooth one. Democrats have lined up a new line of attack, regarding the campaign donations to his failed presidential campaign during last year's primaries.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2022, 09:29:58 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 02:41:10 PM by 2016 »

January 26th 2025
DEMOCRATS IMPRESSED WITH YOUNGKIN, SASSE AS CORNYN FILES FOR CLOTURE; AT LEAST 10 REPUBLICAN SENATORS OPPOSING CRUZ NOMINATION TO BECOME ATTORNEY GENERAL
While the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Thom Tillis of North Carolina and the Ranking Member of the Judiciary Committee, Senator Chris Coons of Delaware spared over the Nomination of Ted Cruz as Attorney General on FOX NEWS SUNDAY Senate Majority Leader John Cornyn and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer sat down with CNN's Chief Washinngton Correspondent Dana Bash on STATE OF THE UNION to discuss matters such as Nominations and other impending Legislations that will have to be tackled.
Schumer quipped: "Look Dana, just because we both are sitting on different sides of the Political Spectrum that doesn't mean I have to live in constant conflict with the other side. We already have made great progress to confirm the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense with a deal I've reached with the Senate Majority Leader even before President DeSantis took the Oath of Office last Monday. Just yesterday we confirmed Rep. Brian Mast as Secretary for Veterans Affairs and Rep. Carlos Gimenez to the Department of Homeland Security and will keep confirming those Individuals and Governor Youngkin & Senator Sasse have been very impressive in the hearings."
Cornyn agreed saying "I also filled cloture on Governor Youngkin to be our Commerce Secretary and Senator Sasse as our Secretary of Education."

THE 10 REPUBLICAN SENATORS WHO PUBLICLY SAID THAT THEY WILL OPPOSE TED CRUZ NOMINATION AS ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES

Dan Sullivan of Alaska
Ben DuPont of Delaware
Susan Collins of Maine
Rick Bennett of Maine
Michelle Tafoya of Minnesota
Chuck Morse of New Hampshire
Mehmet Öz of New Jersey
Sam Brown of Nevada
Mitt Romney of Utah
Jill Vogel of Virginia

FORMER DEMOCRATIC REP FRANK MRVAN AND REP CLAUDIA TENNEY DISCUSS THE COMPLETE EASING OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS ON ABC'S THIS WEEK HOSTED BY CHRIS CHRISTIE & GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS
While much of the Sunday News Shows were anchored around President DeSantis' Cabinet Nominations especially for former Texas Senator Ted Cruz on ABC'S THIS WEEK, which was for the first time hosted by George Stepanopoulos & former New Jersey Governor Former Indiana Congressman Frank Mrvan and Rep. Claudia Tenney discussed DeSantis' Executive Order to ease all COVID-19 Restrictions.
Tenney & Mrvan were the Architects of getting Pandemic Restrictions eased especially for unvaccinated Foreign Travellers trying to gain Entry into the Country and introduced Legislation in Congress during 2023 which passed both Houses but was vetoed by then President Joe Biden.
Mrvan said:"That was the most ridiculous thing President Biden ever did. There was no need to keep these Restrictions until the very last moment of his Presidency. I am glad President DeSantis reversed this immediatedly when he took Office." Tenney agreed "An Unvaccinated Individual doesn't pose a Threat to the Nations Health System with the Pandemic now in the very rear mirror of our lives."
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2022, 10:22:13 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 11:23:25 AM by PRESIDENT STANTON »

Monday, January 27 2025:

Bad news for Cruz as Republican opposition in the Senate is growing regarding to his nomination, with 10 Republicans Senator's already voicing opposition to Cruz and several more sitting on the fence, Senate majority leader John Cornyn is beginning to grasp a keen understanding how a large majority doesn't guarantee smooth sailing. Despite the furor growing over Cruz and White House silence on the matter, the DeSantis Administration saw the easy confirmation of both Brian Mast to be Veteran Affairs Secretary, there was largely universal bipartisan support for the Mast nomination, Carlos Gimenez likewise won easy confirmation as Secretary of Homeland Security. Both Gimenez and Mast tendered letters of resignations effective immediately, and within a few hours Florida Governor Jeanette Nunez set the dates for the special elections to fill the vacancies caused by the resignations of Donalds,  Gimenez and Mast, the date will be April 22, of this year. With party primaries likely to be held on or around March 18.

Next: Announcement of DeSantis date with a joint session of Congress. Also Cruz's disastrous interview on CBS 60 Minutes, cements his fate!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2022, 11:14:30 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 11:27:44 AM by 2016 »

January 27th 2025
FLORIDA GOVERNOR JEANETTE NUÑEZ ISSUES EXECUTIVE ORDER CALLING AND SETTING THE DATES FOR SPECIAL ELECTIONS IN FL-19, FL-21 & FL-28

STATE OF FLORIDA
GOVERNOR NUÑEZ EXECUTIVE ORDER
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER 25-05
(Special Election - U. S. Representative, District 19
Special Election - U. S. Representative, District 21
Special Election - U. S. Representative, District 28)

WHEREAS, section 100.101 , Florida Statutes, provides that a vacancy in the office of
member from Florida of the House of Representatives of Congress shall be filled by special
election; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Article X, Section 3 of the Florida Constitution, and section
114.01(I )(b ), Florida Statutes, vacancies are now existing in the U.S. House of Representatives due to the Resignations of U.S. Representatives Byron Donalds, Congressional District 19, U.S. Representative Brian Mast, Congressional District 21 and U.S. Representative Carlos Gimenez, Congressional District 28; and
WHEREAS, the vacancy in office occurred on January 3, 2025 as well as January 25 2025; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to section 100.141 (I), Florida Statutes, the Governor, upon
consultation with the Secretary of State, shall issue an order declaring the date the special election
shall be held.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JEANETTE NUÑEZ, as Governor of Florida, in obedience to my
solemn constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and pursuant to the
Constitution and laws ofthe State of Florida, do hereby promulgate the following Executive Order,
to take immediate effect:
Section 1. A Special Election shall be held for the office of U.S. House of-Representatives,
Congressional District 19, District 21, District 28 to fill the vacancy in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Section 2. A Special Primary Election shall be held on March 18, 2025.
Section 3. A Special Election shall be held on April 22, 2025, if necessary, to select the U.S. Representatives for District 19, District 21, District 28.

CORD BYRD
Secretary of State

JEANETTE NUÑEZ
Florida Governor
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2022, 11:18:10 AM »

@President Stanton,
I've changed the Dates a bit for the Special Elections in FL because 3 Months between the Primary and the General is a little bit long, don't you think?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2022, 11:23:41 AM »

@President Stanton,
I've changed the Dates a bit for the Special Elections in FL because 3 Months between the Primary and the General is a little bit long, don't you think?

Ron DeSantis left Alcee Hastings's seat vacant almost a whole year, so I don't think six months between resignation and the special is too long.

As for three months between the primary and special, I'm not sure Florida law allows that, but it makes more sense to move the primary back, rather than move the general up.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2022, 11:28:26 AM »

@President Stanton,
Actually that is a pretty good suggestion, so yep let's go April 22 it sounds more tangible when one thinks about it; actually I'm looking for possible contenders to run in those particular district's.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2022, 11:41:59 AM »

@President Stanton,
Actually that is a pretty good suggestion, so yep let's go April 22 it sounds more tangible when one thinks about it; actually I'm looking for possible contenders to run in those particular district's.

For FL-19, I'd suggest (former) State Senator Kathleen Passidomo for the Republicans. No clue for the Democrats.

For FL-21 I'd suggest State Representative Dana Trabulsy for the Republicans. No idea for the Democrats

For FL-28, I would recommend State Senator Ana Maria Rodriguez for the Republicans, and former State Senator Annette Taddeo for the Democrats.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2022, 11:53:02 AM »

@President Stanton,

For FL-19, I'd suggest (former) State Senator Kathleen Passidomo for the Republicans. No clue for the Democrats.

For FL-21 I'd suggest State Representative Dana Trabulsy for the Republicans. No idea for the Democrats

For FL-28, I would recommend State Senator Ana Maria Rodriguez for the Republicans, and former State Senator Annette Taddeo for the Democrats.
FL-28 will be pretty crowded on the Republican Side: Miami Mayor Suarez, former Rep. Curbelo are very much in the mix as well.
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2022, 11:58:20 AM »

👍
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: -1.22

P
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2022, 01:02:58 PM »

The ages I have given give indications as to whether or not a candidate would be motivated to run for reelection or not. I also have some ideas for each state.

Alabama: Tuberville is moving towards a second term. No potential GOP primary challengers or credible Democrats in the general. Safe GOP

Alaska: Sullivan is not nearly as bad as Murkowski or Palin depending on your purview within the GOP. Safe GOP

Arkansas: Cotton isn't going anywhere. Safe GOP

Colorado: Some are hoping for a Cory Gardner comeback, but not very likely to happen. There's going to be pressure on Eli Bremer to run, but he just got elected to his seat and his chances aren't likely either. Ken Buck would be the consensus conservative candidate, and Lauren Boebert would get killed in the Front Range - even in a GOP primary. Favor DEM

Delaware: Coons is considered safe for his seat. Safe DEM

Georgia: Georgia's "boy wonder" Senator Ossoff is in the toughest position of them all. Geoff Duncan has already formed an exploratory committee, and Barry Loudermilk, Buddy Carter and Marjorie Taylor Greene are rumored to be in the mix. TOSSUP

Idaho: Risch has given zero indication that he will seek reelection, but he has not formally declared his intentions. Safe GOP

Illinois: Durbin is the subject of retirement speculation, but hasn't declared his decision either. Favor DEM if he runs, Leans DEM if he doesn't.

Iowa: Ernst is running for reelection. Democrats are a big underdog here. Safe GOP

Kansas: Marshall is running for reelection. Former Rep. Sharice Davids is rumored to consider a run. Safe GOP

Kentucky: Cameron is seeking reelection and is strongly favored - for now. Safe GOP

Louisiana: Cassidy is facing a primary challenge from Clay Higgins and he won't be the only one. He is 50-50 on whether or not to seek reelection. Safe GOP

Maine: Collins has not decided whether or not to seek reelection. TOSSUP

Massachusetts: Markey is 50/50, and whichever Republican does get the nomination will be a huge underdog. Attempts to draft Charlie Baker to run have been unsuccessful. Safe DEM

Michigan: Peters has filed for reelection and is preparing to launch his campaign at Pine Knob. (You audiophiles in Metro Detroit know what I mean by that...) Leans DEM

Minnesota: Smith is undecided. Tom Emmer is rumored to consider a run either for the Senate or for Governor. Favor DEM

Mississippi: Hyde-Smith is undecided, but is strongly leaning towards reelection. Safe GOP

Montana: Daines is running for a third term. He's strongly favored as the Democratic bench has become relatively - dare I say - underwhelming. Safe GOP

Nebraska: Sasse is going to the Department of Education if he hasn't already. Gov. Jim Pillen has a pick in mind...likely the one associated with Harry Caray... Safe GOP

New Hampshire: Shaheen has declared for reelection IRL and in this TL. Will Chris Sununu avenge his brother's defeat 18 years ago? Favor DEM unless Gov. Sununu runs.

New Jersey: Booker has declared IRL and in this TL as well. He's heavily favored for a third full term, having inherited the last year of Frank Lautenberg who is now a bag of bones. Safe DEM

New Mexico: Luján has not formally declared, but his post-recovery following his stroke is looking to be inspirational. Favor DEM

North Carolina: Tillis hasn't filed yet, but his state is up for grabs. Leans GOP

Oklahoma: Mullin is running for his first full term. Do Democrats even have a prayer in Oklahoma? Safe GOP

Oregon: Merkley has not declared his intentions for a fourth term. Favor DEM

Rhode Island: Reed has not decided if he will run again. Safe DEM

South Carolina: Graham is undecided on a fourth term, and after DeSantis's Cabinet is complete, more will be known of whether or not this is the end for him as Democrats float a trial balloon, even if mainly for Tim Scott's soon-to-be vacant seat and the Governor's Mansion, in a state whose electorate is one-quarter Black and almost uniformly dispersed across the state save for the Upstate. Favor GOP

South Dakota: Rounds hasn't declared, but he appears 'fit as a fiddle'. All things said, there's always that far-right primary challenge to worry about... Safe GOP

Tennessee: Hagerty is angling towards a second term, but hasn't declared yet. Democrats are still well behind the 8-ball here. Safe GOP

Texas: As conservative as Texas Republicans are, even with the threat of primary challengers, it's hard to imagine the party doing anything other than bypassing Senate Majority Leader Cornyn, even with the censure of 2022. Democrats do have options in mind, but Beto O'Rourke is not one of them, and their potential top prospect, former Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, is looking at a certain set of "Hot Wheels" in Austin. Favor GOP

Virginia: Warner is favored to win if he runs for reelection, and the top Republican prospect's chances could all come down to what happens in November. Favor DEM

West Virginia: Capito has the edge, and the Democrats are scrambling to find a good candidate to run against her. Safe GOP

Wyoming: Lummis is in the safest position possible to run for a second term, even if she hasn't declared yet. The Democrats are struggling to find a warm body to run against her. Safe GOP
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2022, 01:08:10 PM »

I'd put Georgia and Virginia in Lean R, and Maine in Lean D.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2022, 01:34:09 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 01:45:13 PM by 2016 »

SaintStan86,
In Virginia it depends entirely if former Rep. Scott Taylor runs for the Republicans.

Sununu did not run either against Shaheen in 2020 or Hassan in 2022 because of Donald Trump. With Trump becoming more and more irrelevant and President DeSantis having taken over the Republican Party I think Sununu runs.
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2022, 01:43:57 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 04:04:43 PM by SaintStan86 »

Also shall note three things:
  • There is intense pressure from conservative groups and the grassroots to confirm Ted Cruz, and Senators who vote against him could face a potential primary challenge. Notice that the debate over Cruz goes beyond the 2020 election and to other factors, such as his style of leadership and views on abortion.
  • Clarence Thomas tops the speculation of Supreme Court futures, with some conservatives even floating the possibility of expanding the courts to reflect population growth in the West, primarily to cut down the influence of the Ninth Circuit that some argue has grown "too big for its britches".
  • With regards to the Senate Judiciary Committee, there are 14 Republicans and eight Democrats. The 14 GOP Senators are Chairman Thom Tillis, Chuck Grassley, Lindsey Graham, Mike Lee, Josh Hawley, Tom Cotton, John Kennedy, Marsha Blackburn, Adam Laxalt, Daniel Cameron, Jim Jordan, Jill Vogel, Mike Braun and Eric Schmitt who just replaced now-Sec. of Education Ben Sasse on the committee. The Democrats are Ranking Member Chris Coons, Dick Durbin, Sheldon Whitehouse, Richard Blumenthal, Cory Booker, Alex Padilla, Jon Ossoff and Michael Bennet.

Assuming there are 10 Senators opposing Cruz - and there are 65 Senators - it's fair to say that on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Grassley, Lee, Hawley, Cotton, Kennedy, Blackburn, Laxalt, Cameron, Jordan, Braun and Schmitt are FOR votes. Tillis, Graham and Vogel have not announced their intentions, but it appears that Tillis is the most on the fence about Cruz as well as Graham. Vogel has not announced her intentions, but she is between the two undecideds and the 11 who appear to be favoring voting Cruz out of the Senate Judiciary Committee. All things said, a yes vote from Vogel should seal the deal for Cruz and recommend him to the full Senate.

And as far as 10 Republicans, who besides Collins and Romney would be against him? Possibly Cassidy, especially since he's really on the hot seat?
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2022, 01:48:12 PM »

Democrats will likely win 15 to 25 House seats in '26, probably 1, maybe 2 Senate seats.
I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist. They don't net this many seats in the midterms, they win this many seats.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »

I would schedule President DeSantis Joint Address before Congress on February 26th 2025 which is almost the exat same Date the first Death from the novel coronavirus occured in 2020.
SaintStan86
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2022, 03:56:57 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2022, 04:03:01 PM by SaintStan86 »

One more thing on the Cruz deal. Expect DeSantis to stress the importance of confirming his Cabinet by alluding to the Dems, example being "Voters respect Democrats for sticking to their principles - however faulty and bad they are - and for treating their constituents and supporters like "one big happy family". Republicans need to do the same. Ted Cruz is a solid conservative in the tradition of the great Attorney General under Ronald Reagan, Edwin Meese, and to cancel him because of some unfortunate votes he has taken in the past, or because some people especially in Hollywood and the media feel like he hurt them even though they never met the guy, would be a Greek tragedy of the highest order. Let's not turn our backs to the conservative principles that got us to where we are, because we all know for sure Barack Obama held his coalition together in passing budget-busting stimuluses, a destructive healthcare "reform" plan that has actually harmed Americans, and pushing through government and military transformations that served to the benefit of no one in the end. I know if Ronald Reagan were alive today, he would have spoken fondly of Cruz."

In other words, DeSantis is going to stress the importance of standing by his selections and conservative principles wholesale, while at the same time making bipartisan votes (such as on climate change) in the right areas where the free market plays a big role and/or a certain policy stance is distinctly more popular among millennial and boomer Republicans and conservatives than as a whole - important considering the American Conservation Council which is a free-market environmental advocacy group and for which Eric Eikenberg (the incoming EPA Administrator in this TL) has served as an advisor IRL. If you're a Republican and you don't have anything nice to say about Benji Backer, you are part of the problem and Steve Hilton seconds my motion.

And I'm not talking about climate change only. Expect Republicans to be more emphatic of LGBT relationships, and it's important to note that there are many LGBT Disney employees who support DeSantis's "Don't Say Gay" bill. If you have been watching Fox News whenever they talk about Disney as a segment, you may have seen one or two of them speak out on their primetime block.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2022, 04:01:33 PM »

One more thing on the Cruz deal. Expect DeSantis to stress the importance of confirming his Cabinet by alluding to the Dems, example being "Voters respect Democrats for sticking to their principles - however faulty and bad they are - and for treating their constituents and supporters like "one big happy family". Republicans need to do the same. Ted Cruz is a solid conservative in the tradition of the great Attorney General under Ronald Reagan, Edwin Meese, and to cancel him because of some unfortunate votes he has taken in the past, or because some people especially in Hollywood and the media feel like he hurt them even though they never met the guy, would be a Greek tragedy of the highest order. Let's not turn our backs to the conservative principles that got us to where we are, because we all know for sure Barack Obama held his coalition together in passing budget-busting stimuluses, a destructive healthcare "reform" plan that has actually harmed Americans, and pushing through government and military transformations that served to the benefit of no one in the end. I know if Ronald Reagan were alive today, he would have spoken fondly of Cruz."

In other words, DeSantis is going to stress the importance of standing by his selections and conservative principles wholesale, while at the same time making bipartisan votes (such as on climate change) in the right areas where the free market plays a big role - important considering the American Conservation Council which is a free-market environmental advocacy group and for which Eric Eikenberg (the incoming EPA Administrator in this TL) has served as an advisor IRL. If you're a Republican and you don't have anything nice to say about Benji Backer, you are part of the problem and Steve Hilton seconds my motion.

The deficit was higher in 2019 than 2016.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies