theflyingmongoose For President! October 2022
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:49:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  theflyingmongoose For President! October 2022
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: theflyingmongoose For President! October 2022  (Read 372 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2022, 01:48:28 AM »

CITIZENS:

For some amount of time, the people of this great country have been under terrible conditions. Previous governments have stopped growth with sky-high tax rates and misallocation of revenue. As a Fremont MP, I fought diligently to help hard-working citizens, I will continue to do so as your President.

EDUCATION
Our children are our greatest national resource. Unlike many on the right-of-center, I acknowledge that. Atlasia lags behind it's peers in many fields regarding education. I'll fix that.

Under my administration, we'll increase federal support for primary/secondary education from the $39 Billion proposed in the FY 2023 budget to $60 Billion. The expenditures will be weighted to benefit poorer schools by increasing teacher pay, upgrading classrooms, and more so we can ensure that all students can thrive.

Students of all racial and sexual backgrounds have also been distracted by many concerns over bathrooms. Under my administration, we will prohibit students who have not gotten reassignment surgery from using the bathroom of the gender they identify with. If gender neutral bathrooms are available, schools are allowed to require transgender students use those.

We will also take strong action to protect women's sports. As I've said, being trans is a right, playing sports is not. Therefore, my administration would ban trans women from competing in women's athletics.

But, we must also protect the LGBT+ community from further hatred and violence. As President of Atlasia, I will support legislation to crack down on bullying based on sexual orientation. We will also put a foot down on conservative meddling in student's right to learn. All books with themes regarding sexuality, gender identity, or religious history that are already in school libraries will remain there. Schools will also be prohibited from banning clubs for LGBT students, although those clubs may make their own rules regarding this.

We will also mandate education on the Holocaust, the Native Atlasian genocide, and European colonialism. It's important that we recognize history. My administration will also give teachers an annual supply budget of $250, which they can use if they run out of school supplies in the middle of the year. The campaign recognizes the budget ramifications of this to be a net increase of $22 Billion in federal spending.

POLICING

I will support legislation to heavily support local hiring based on a neighborhood demographic system for police departments. We will also ban police departments from buying surplus military equipment and increase investment in de-escalation training and non-officer solutions.

We will also crack down on religious hate crimes, and make the line of what counts as anti-Semitism and """anti-Zionism""" more clear.

ENVIRONMENT

We have a fundamental duty to ensure a clean, healthy planet for our youngest citizens. That's why as your President, I will increase the gas tax to increased revenue from $50.0 Billion to $100.0 Billion over the next year. We will also increase the carbon tax $25/MT which will take us from $16.35 Billion to ~$100 Billion . My Department of Justice will also diligently fight big oil and coal companies to punish environmental violations. The budget ramifications of this will be a decrease of $130 Billion in federal spending via increased revenue.

FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY

For far too long this country has suffered from reckless spending. This has hurt our economy and our investment ability. I want to change that. Here are some fiscally responsible changes that will be pursued by my administration:

1) We'll cut the top tax rate from 45% to 38%. But, we'll increase the corporate tax rate from 25% to 27%.

2) We'll work to cut red tape on AtlasCare by combining existing support programs into a single program run by the Department Of Health And Human Services. Everyone deserves the best health care possible, for the lowest cost possible. I will also support stricter negotiations for non-orphan drugs to lower costs.

3) We'll give doctors and pharmaceutical workers a targeted tax break to hopefully get more of them.

SIGNED:
theflyingmongoose, Member of the Fremont Parliament, May-August 2022
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 09:44:22 PM »

Students of all racial and sexual backgrounds have also been distracted by many concerns over bathrooms. Under my administration, we will prohibit students who have not gotten reassignment surgery from using the bathroom of the gender they identify with. If gender neutral bathrooms are available, schools are allowed to require transgender students use those.

You say that concerns about bathrooms are a distraction, so your solution is proposing intrusive and to unnecessary laws relating to school bathrooms? People are just trying to pee, there's no need for genital inspections.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 11:01:23 PM »

You say that concerns about bathrooms are a distraction, so your solution is proposing intrusive and to unnecessary laws relating to school bathrooms? People are just trying to pee, there's no need for genital inspections.

I never said that. It's a honor system.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 05:02:24 AM »

We'll cut the top tax rate from 45% to 38%. But, we'll increase the corporate tax rate from 25% to 27%.

It is a travesty that no one has given you credit for this policy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies