UK General Discussion: Rishecession

<< < (3/1146) > >>

MacShimidh:
I have to say that this has been the most underwhelming transfer of PMs that I've lived through. If I didn't happen to have the telly on at lunchtime, the result might have completely passed me by. In a way, it's quite surreal - I sense literally no buzz from anybody that we're getting a new PM tomorrow, not even from amongst the people who were listening to her victory speech.

Unlike a lot of others, I am willing to give Truss a chance. But there's no denying that she appears a strange woman totally out of her depth, whose odd mannerisms seem to perversely amplify the sense of dread that the country is living under at the moment.

President Punxsutawney Phil:
Nice title.

parochial boy:
Britain - the first country to voluntarily renounce it's status as a developed nation?

Boobs:
Quote from: parochial boy on September 05, 2022, 04:44:52 PM

Britain - the first country to voluntarily renounce it's status as a developed nation?

Only if Argentina was involuntary.

MABA 2020:
Quote from: CEO Of Truss Pork Markets on September 05, 2022, 03:00:29 PM

Quote from: MABA 2020 on September 05, 2022, 02:17:25 PM

As for Truss, victory speech today was a bit awkward. (Love the thread title btw)

Has she ever given a speech that isn't

Fair point, I largely avoided the leadership contest, didn't watch any hustings (why would I subject myself to that) and so watching her victory speech my main take away was "hey, she's not very good at this"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page