What points in Trump's presidency would he have beaten Biden?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:32:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What points in Trump's presidency would he have beaten Biden?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What points in Trump's presidency would he have beaten Biden?  (Read 6247 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2023, 03:43:43 PM »

Roughly 11/15/2018 to 3/15/2020

He probably wins the popular vote summer 2019-winter 2020. 
sg0508
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2023, 03:48:05 PM »

I would add in late summer through maybe September..BLM and other violent city crimes were starting to wear on a lot of people, and many were getting tired of it. Amazingly (haha), the rioting and all stopped when the Democrats clearly realized this was hurting their chances.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2023, 05:49:45 PM »

I can't remember the timing, but I feel like there was a short burst where he (A) seemed to have actually chilled out and was acting a bit more Presidential, (B) signed the tax bill and (C) was getting at least some public recognition from Democratic leaders on being willing to work with them on infrastructure?  This was six years ago now, so I can't really remember that well.  However, I do remember thinking his first several months were pretty good?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2023, 06:54:28 PM »

I can't remember the timing, but I feel like there was a short burst where he (A) seemed to have actually chilled out and was acting a bit more Presidential, (B) signed the tax bill and (C) was getting at least some public recognition from Democratic leaders on being willing to work with them on infrastructure?  This was six years ago now, so I can't really remember that well.  However, I do remember thinking his first several months were pretty good?

The tax bill signing was at the lowest point of his presidency, around the time of the Alabama Senate special election. He was at 60% or higher disapprove around those months. I think summer 2018 might be when you’re thinking of.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2023, 12:37:38 PM »

The tax bill signing was at the lowest point of his presidency, around the time of the Alabama Senate special election. He was at 60% or higher disapprove around those months. I think summer 2018 might be when you’re thinking of.

Yeah, maybe there was just a lot of public narrative about a tax bill?  Like I said, this was a long time ago, haha.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2023, 01:48:40 PM »

This thread lol
Imo, He could have never actually won against Biden and I don't buy that c0vid made him magically unelectable all of a sudden.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2023, 02:36:12 PM »

This thread lol
Imo, He could have never actually won against Biden and I don't buy that c0vid made him magically unelectable all of a sudden.

You cannot declare that an incumbent President at no point in four years had ANY shot to defeat a candidate like Joe Biden, haha.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2023, 02:58:55 PM »

Roughly 11/15/2018 to 3/15/2020

He probably wins the popular vote summer 2019-winter 2020. 

This was probably the high point. But honestly, in a non-COVID timeline, I think Trump is actually favored in 2020. Trump really didn't lose by that much, the tipping point state was Pennsylvania which Biden won by 1.16%. In a non-COVID timeline, I think anti-Trump turnout would be lower, making it easier for him to hold PA, GA, WI and AZ
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2023, 02:59:36 PM »

This thread lol

You cannot declare that an incumbent President at no point in four years had ANY shot to defeat a candidate like Joe Biden, haha.
Except Trump was clearly not generic R. He was much weaker than such. And there were events that happened in months leading up to the election that would have pushed stronger Republicans to victory(like the defunding the police, the democratic hypocrisy on lockdown enforcement etc).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2023, 03:08:37 PM »

This thread lol

Except Trump was clearly not generic R. He was much weaker than such. And there were events that happened in months leading up to the election that would have pushed stronger Republicans to victory(like the defunding the police, the democratic hypocrisy on lockdown enforcement etc).

But he still won one election.  I do not think Biden is this infinitely superior candidate to Hillary Clinton, which is what would HAVE to be the implication if Trump never stood a chance in 2020 from day one.
Jim Crow
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2023, 05:41:48 PM »

Anytime before the suspicious ballots were mailed.  That ruined his chances.
RFK jr fan
Rookie
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2023, 06:54:05 PM »

Why is your name Jim Crow?
Jim Crow
Rookie
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2023, 07:26:54 PM »

Why is your name Jim Crow?

We don't need to ask questions we already know the answers to.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2023, 10:10:56 PM »

January 2020 was probably his best bet.

Democrats looked really dysfunctional. No clear front runner and impeachment didn't make sense to most Americans. Economy was really good, the predicited recession never happened. Not sure why everyone expected a recession pre-COVID anyway.

I remember 538 showing Trump leading in Florida and North Carolina, and states like WI and PA as tossups. Probably means Trump wins them again with the tory effect
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2023, 10:24:25 AM »

Most of 2019, probably. 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2023, 06:10:17 PM »

The first few months of 2017, the second half of 2019 and the first two months of 2020. Possibly a brief period in the summer of 2020 as well.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2023, 08:16:35 PM »

After flooding rural America with farm subsidies and while COVID-19 was still strictly an urban killer.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies