Opinion of the above poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:48:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the above poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: Opinion of the above poster  (Read 9539 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2022, 12:55:51 AM »

FF on the whole. But his views on COVID are legitimately unhinged ("stop all testing?" Seriously? And IIRC he opposes ALL COVID mask-wearing...he definitely advocated burning masks).
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2022, 01:06:40 AM »

Generally FF. Also, I can’t believe you have more posts than me now!
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2022, 11:31:23 AM »

"Desert Queer" assuming that is not his real name, is the most awesome screen name ever. If I had to do my again, inspired by that, mine would be Hudson Queer, connected to Hudson city and Hudson county, both on the Hudson River - HHH (Hubert Horatio Humphrey). So he gets a huge number of bonus points right out of the box.

As an aside, I also admire his taste in locations. Tuscon is by far the most life enhancing place to live in AZ. I have loved the place and environs for 60+ years. And now my nephew lives there, having bought a home with the proceeds of his Bitcoin speculations. No I don't recommend going anywhere near such speculations, for the record.
I'm a woman FTR.
*skip*
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2022, 03:32:42 PM »

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2022, 04:28:17 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2022, 04:36:58 PM by CentristRepublican »

"Desert Queer" assuming that is not his real name, is the most awesome screen name ever. If I had to do my again, inspired by that, mine would be Hudson Queer, connected to Hudson city and Hudson county, both on the Hudson River - HHH (Hubert Horatio Humphrey). So he gets a huge number of bonus points right out of the box.

As an aside, I also admire his taste in locations. Tuscon is by far the most life enhancing place to live in AZ. I have loved the place and environs for 60+ years. And now my nephew lives there, having bought a home with the proceeds of his Bitcoin speculations. No I don't recommend going anywhere near such speculations, for the record.
I'm a woman FTR.
*skip*

See, this is the right way to go about doing this. If somebody accidentally misgenders you, if they genuinely don't know your gender identity and make the wrong assumption, correct them. If after being corrected multiple times they continue to do it, then they're doing it purposefully and are transphobes and can and should be called out as such. If, OTOH, they call you by the correct gender thereafter (as I fully believe Torie will), no harm, no foul.

I obviously don't need to tell you this, given that you practice it already...but a certain G-WI trans poster would do well to follow your example and not have a total meltdown if she's accidentally misgendered (or especially if somebody calls her 'they' to be gender-neutral, toavoid accidentally misgendering anybody who's gender they don't know, and to avoid making assumptions about somebody's gender when they don't know it - it's not a big deal at all and does not require the total meltdown we saw...rather, it simply requires, as you well demonstrated, informing the other person what gender you identify as).

This, despite us agreeing on little.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2022, 06:06:50 PM »

I'm a woman FTR.
*skip*

That’s not what you were saying a week ago. What changed?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2022, 08:09:49 PM »

Lean horrible person. Can at least make a funny quip or two here and there though. That counts for something.

One of the best red avs on this site and a constant breath of fresh air.

I've always been surprised that you think this way. Most people tend to think I blend in with most other average red avatars, and I would sort of agree with that.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2022, 08:19:29 PM »

Solid FF
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2022, 11:50:52 PM »

I'm a woman FTR.
*skip*

See, this is the right way to go about doing this. If somebody accidentally misgenders you, if they genuinely don't know your gender identity and make the wrong assumption, correct them. If after being corrected multiple times they continue to do it, then they're doing it purposefully and are transphobes and can and should be called out as such. If, OTOH, they call you by the correct gender thereafter (as I fully believe Torie will), no harm, no foul.

I obviously don't need to tell you this, given that you practice it already...but a certain G-WI trans poster would do well to follow your example and not have a total meltdown if she's accidentally misgendered (or especially if somebody calls her 'they' to be gender-neutral, toavoid accidentally misgendering anybody who's gender they don't know, and to avoid making assumptions about somebody's gender when they don't know it - it's not a big deal at all and does not require the total meltdown we saw...rather, it simply requires, as you well demonstrated, informing the other person what gender you identify as).
Why did you have to turn a casual correction into a soapbox to rant about another womans response to misgendering?
Pacific Republican
An_Artist
Rookie

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2022, 11:55:25 PM »

Too abrasive
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2022, 12:00:33 AM »

You were supposed to do greg.
*skip*
Pacific Republican
An_Artist
Rookie

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2022, 12:11:13 AM »

Greg seems like an FF
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2022, 01:11:41 AM »

I'm a woman FTR.
*skip*

Why did you have to turn a casual correction into a soapbox to rant about another womans response to misgendering?

Because I appreciated the stark contrast between your civilized and reasonable behaviour, and the absolute meltdown Klobmentum had, and wanted to point that difference out.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2022, 01:21:47 AM »

HP. I’m 100% sure he’s a Coolface sock - a number of telltale signs - and if I’m proven wrong, we’ll, I promise I’ll never make a statement of this kind again.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2022, 02:28:05 AM »

FF
Pacific Republican
An_Artist
Rookie

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2022, 02:40:45 AM »

Doesn't seem very populist.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2022, 02:43:07 AM »

Seems like a Sock so HP
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2022, 02:55:10 AM »

FF
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2022, 11:43:47 AM »

I'm a woman FTR.
*skip*

Because I appreciated the stark contrast between your civilized and reasonable behaviour, and the absolute meltdown Klobmentum had, and wanted to point that difference out.
"Civilized and reasonable"? Thats pretty effing patronizing.
*skip*
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2022, 12:18:57 PM »

I'm a woman FTR.
*skip*

"Civilized and reasonable"? Thats pretty effing patronizing.
*skip*

It's a unique skill to somehow be offended when somebody is complimenting you.

(SKIP)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2022, 01:26:56 PM »

CELTICEMPIRE?  FF in spite of not-so-great politics.
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2022, 01:27:33 PM »

It's a unique skill to somehow be offended when somebody is complimenting you.

(SKIP)

Its not weird for me to be irritated by being patronizingly used as a "model trans" to complain about another trans poster reacting to misgendering she thought was deliberate in a way you didn't like months ago and lecture all trans people about how we're "supposed to" respond to misgendering.

*skip*
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2022, 01:28:11 PM »

Really cool. FF.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2022, 01:41:17 PM »

Fellow Arizonan, and a true Trans Patriot. FF.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2022, 01:52:57 PM »

Neutral
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies