MI GOV Trafalgar WHITMER LEADS BY 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:56:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI GOV Trafalgar WHITMER LEADS BY 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI GOV Trafalgar WHITMER LEADS BY 4  (Read 936 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:26:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/stella2020woof/status/1563229312991772672?t=TRg2h7yUGJgk-2BXGRHMWQ&s=19

WHITMER D-INC 49
Dixon R 45
Buzuma L 2
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 01:30:19 PM »

Just a reminder that they said Trump would win Michigan by 2, which was off by ~5 points.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 01:30:34 PM »

The Gold standard has spoken! Lol at Dixon underperforming Trump.
But hey, from what I recall, he never advocated against allowing a 14 year old rape victim to get an abortion
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 05:36:27 PM »

So, Whitmer is indeed in the driver's seat as much as it's seemed. Good to see. Obviously it's not as much as a lead as in other polls, but it was unlikely that she was ever going to come close to her 2018 margin.

As with all Michigan polls this year though, I'm curious how the referendum may affect the races, if at all. It's at least sure to supercharge Democratic turnout to the benefit of Democratic candidates. The question is if polls are reflecting this or not.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 07:09:08 PM »

I do find it interesting how Trafalgar always manages to find races somewhat competitive, even when other polls don't. Who knows who's right but it's like you can *always* count on them to find a somewhat competitive race no matter where it is.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 08:06:12 PM »

Safe D
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 11:08:09 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2022, 11:13:47 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I do find it interesting how Trafalgar always manages to find races somewhat competitive, even when other polls don't. Who knows who's right but it's like you can *always* count on them to find a somewhat competitive race no matter where it is.

I won't matter anyways if a D is leading in a blue state just like with Oz, we will have enough of the Early vote VBM to fend off any GOP comeback Oct 1/31st this is Safe D anyways that's why Crist still has a chance because it's close and the Early VBM can come in nicely
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 11:06:57 AM »

Even if this poll is underestimating Whitmer, she is not safe if the environment gets better for Republicans.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 11:10:08 AM »

Even if this poll is underestimating Whitmer, she is not safe if the environment gets better for Republicans.

Where is the evidence of that happening (or likely happening) though?
seskoog
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 01:03:45 PM »

They were 5 points off Trump's margin in 2020. I think that Whitmer will run similar to or slightly below her 2018 margin this year.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 01:05:22 PM »

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. If they humiliate themselves then I'll change my tune.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 04:49:35 PM »

The possibility of it happening means the race isn’t Safe D, not to mention that there would be some historical precedent for Republicans coming home in the fall.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 01:55:50 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2022, 02:02:22 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The possibility of it happening means the race isn’t Safe D, not to mention that there would be some historical precedent for Republicans coming home in the fall.

Wrong Early voting begins in October and the urban vote is gonna bank D in during vote by mail it just won't be tabulated until Nov you keep saying the same thing
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2022, 12:18:32 AM »

Lean D by margin but Likely D by outcome
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2022, 03:52:34 AM »

So, Whitmer is indeed in the driver's seat as much as it's seemed. Good to see. Obviously it's not as much as a lead as in other polls, but it was unlikely that she was ever going to come close to her 2018 margin.

As with all Michigan polls this year though, I'm curious how the referendum may affect the races, if at all. It's at least sure to supercharge Democratic turnout to the benefit of Democratic candidates. The question is if polls are reflecting this or not.

A +4 "lead" in what could be a bad Democrat year with a Biden approval in the upper 30s makes you comfortable enough to say she's in the 'driver's seat'?

It's this kind of misguided optimism that allowed Hillary Clinton's campaign to take their eye off Michigan in 2016.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2022, 02:25:12 PM »

A +4 "lead" in what could be a bad Democrat year with a Biden approval in the upper 30s makes you comfortable enough to say she's in the 'driver's seat'?

It's this kind of misguided optimism that allowed Hillary Clinton's campaign to take their eye off Michigan in 2016.

Biden’s average approval is 43.5 as of today, not the 30s. Nobody is saying that Whitaker doesn’t need to campaign. Saying she’s in the “driver’s seat” just implies that she is currently in the better position, which is supported by nearly every metric about this race (polling, fundraising, etc.)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2022, 04:21:46 PM »

except nobody is taking their eye off anything...
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2022, 05:02:24 PM »

Whitmer's probably going to win because Dixon is crazy, but she shouldn't sleep on this race. Watch the Covid effect.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies