You on the Chad Centrist political compass
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:06:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  You on the Chad Centrist political compass
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: You on the Chad Centrist political compass  (Read 1850 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2022, 10:51:07 AM »

B - Hierarchies are a part of human nature
Shouldn’t we combat our animalistic instincts and enlighten ourselves?

Yeah, that's the thing about human nature - it's often very bad and we need to actively work to correct it.

Short of genetic engineering or hypnotism, I struggle to see how that's possible. This is why I much prefer systems that don't try to alter our instincts, but instead channel them towards positive uses.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2022, 11:19:11 AM »

B - Hierarchies are a part of human nature
Shouldn’t we combat our animalistic instincts and enlighten ourselves?

Yeah, that's the thing about human nature - it's often very bad and we need to actively work to correct it.

Short of genetic engineering or hypnotism, I struggle to see how that's possible. This is why I much prefer systems that don't try to alter our instincts, but instead channel them towards positive uses.

I mean, sure, channeling is part of it, if you count stuff like how we have sports competitions now instead of permanent tribal warfare. But it's also silly to pretend that civilization isn't also grounded in the sheer repression of many of our "natural" instincts as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2022, 02:03:56 PM »

A: Make the Death Penalty the Mandatory Minimum for Mass Murders, and Sex Traffickers

B: We should Implement Romney's Immigration Plan

C: We should Pass the Reins Act to curtail the power of the regulatory state

D: We should Significantly Curtail the powers of Police Unions and other Public Unions

E: Marijuana Should be Legalized Nationwide

F: We should expand Obamacare and move to a Swiss Style System

G: We should ramp up tariffs on China and pursue a policy of decoupling our economy with them

H: We should Break Up Amazon and update Anti Trust laws
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2022, 06:14:29 AM »

Not as Chad as some of the other posters, but here goes:

A: If a national vaccine mandate was at all feasible/constitutional, it should have happened
B: Being anti-abortion, while I disagree with it, is a valid and understandable position and isn't always motivated by misogyny; also, celebrating the act of abortion (rather than having the right to it) is weird
C: Nuclear power is good
D: Capitalism can work, and we should focus on trying to improve it, not just being mad it exists
E: No-knock warrants should be illegal and police should always be required to wear body cameras
F: Climate change is our biggest existential threat and should be the primary focus of public policy. We need a Green New Deal and a carbon tax (also insert other generic socdem opinions here)
G: We need universal healthcare, and not having it is probably the most embarrassing thing about the US
H: Penalties for companies that violate environmental standards should be much higher, and governments should be held accountable for actively encouraging environmental destruction (i.e. Bolsonaro. Honestly if we had Bolsonaro instead of Trump, I think I'd be a lot more politically extreme in general.)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2022, 11:23:00 AM »

A: The 2000 election was stolen

B: A welfare state with universal healthcare and income which helps the unemployed or those who work in unpaid positions (homemakers, etc.) should exist in some form, even if that exists as a negative income tax

C: Anything can be the subject of a joke in proper context

D: Capitalism and usury are both inherently anti-Christian

E: The current Supreme Court is illegitimate and needs immediate reform

F: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson were both good presidents as a whole, especially the former, whose philosophy became the foundation for modern American liberalism

G: Gun rights are important but at the same time I wouldn't have a problem with requiring classes ("homeschooling"/parenting being an option too) the same way we require classes for driving

H: A renewable period of 21 years should be the maximum sentence for any crime (Nordic model)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2022, 01:36:24 PM »

B: A welfare state with universal healthcare and income which helps the unemployed or those who work in unpaid positions (homemakers, etc.) should exist in some form, even if that exists as a negative income tax

F: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson were both good presidents as a whole, especially the former, whose philosophy became the foundation for modern American liberalism

G: Gun rights are important but at the same time I wouldn't have a problem with requiring classes ("homeschooling"/parenting being an option too) the same way we require classes for driving

H: A renewable period of 21 years should be the maximum sentence for any crime (Nordic model)

I am so confused.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2022, 01:49:47 PM »

I am so confused.

I didn't exactly refer to the silly compass for this, I suppose. Tongue
ReallySuper
El Salvador

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -7.39

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2022, 11:21:08 PM »

A: guillotine the degenerates!

B: topple dictatorships abroad! liberate foreign countries and incorporate them into our global hegemony!

C: oppose the redistribution of wealth!

D: sex work is real work.

E: define "the degenerates" as the cishets

F: all work is bad.

G: define "redistribution of wealth" as the exploitation of producers by the capitalist class

H: define "dictatorships" as the dictatorship of capital and "our global hegemony" as world communism
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies