PA-GOV (Franklin & Marshall): Shapiro +11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:51:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  PA-GOV (Franklin & Marshall): Shapiro +11
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-GOV (Franklin & Marshall): Shapiro +11  (Read 908 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2022, 08:16:52 AM »
« edited: August 25, 2022, 02:18:35 PM by wbrocks67 »

Shapiro (D) 44%
Mastriano (R) 33%
Hackenburg (L) 2%
DiGulio (G) 1%
Soloski (K) 0%
Someone else 1%
Undecided 19%

WITH LEANERS:
Shapiro (D) 48%
Mastriano (R) 36%

Favorabilities:
Josh Shapiro: 44/32 (+12)
Doug Mastriano: 28/49 (-21)

Best understands the concerns of Pennsylvanians? 47% Shapiro, 33% Mastriano
Is closet to your views on social issues, such as abortion and gay marriage? 45% Shapiro, 32% Mastriano
Will change government policies in a way that will improve your economic situation? 36% Shapiro, 33% Mastriano

https://www.fandm.edu/uploads/files/952120655243389694-f-mpoll-august2022-toplinereport.pdf
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 08:29:54 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2022, 09:29:49 AM by Sir Mohamed 🇺🇸 🇺🇦 »

Really annoyed by these 20% undecided polls. There's not much to learn other than Mastriano and Oz struggling to consolidate their bases yet. Both will get at least 44-45%, no matter what.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 08:47:38 AM »

Shapiro is not winning by double digits even if this is a neutral environment(I doubt this is true but I've beaten that drum enough)
If people think the polls won't underestimate Republicans dramatically, they are kidding themselves
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 09:25:54 AM »

Shapiro is not winning by double digits even if this is a neutral environment(I doubt this is true but I've beaten that drum enough)
If people think the polls won't underestimate Republicans dramatically, they are kidding themselves

Why should I when they’ve been pretty accurate in most elections in my lifetime without someone named Trump on the ballot? Or when the latest polling miss actually underestimated a Democrat (Pat Ryan)? It would be a mistake to assume that polls will always and forever massively underestimate Republicans based on just two unusual elections. Of course, that’s all doomers and Republicans can use as copium.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 10:25:28 AM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=519890.0
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 10:33:26 AM »

Oh F&M and your legendarily massive numbers of undecideds. You will never change, even though you should.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 12:10:28 PM »

Why should I when they’ve been pretty accurate in most elections in my lifetime without someone named Trump on the ballot? Or when the latest polling miss actually underestimated a Democrat (Pat Ryan)? It would be a mistake to assume that polls will always and forever massively underestimate Republicans based on just two unusual elections. Of course, that’s all doomers and Republicans can use as copium.

2014 and 2018 didn't have Trump on the ballot and they had many misses.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 12:35:47 PM »

Polls in PA (average wise) were very strong in 2018.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 02:18:53 PM »

Should be noted that with leaners pushed, it goes to Shapiro 48, Mastriano 36.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 01:18:50 PM »

Woop dee doo you have one example from a really garbage pollster. I can count numerous times where it has been the other way around. Remember NJ Gov?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 01:19:21 PM »

Even recently, NJ Governor fits. Trump wasn't on the ballot then either!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 05:45:44 PM »

Woop dee doo you have one example from a really garbage pollster. I can count numerous times where it has been the other way around. Remember NJ Gov?

The polls for our Governor's race last year did nail what would end up being his percentage of the vote though. He was consistently at 50 or 51% in almost every poll. The problem was that undecideds ended up going probably 90% for Ciatarelli in the end, so that result weakened the predicted margins in polls. So if Democrats are at that magical 50-51% consistently, it's probably a sign that they will, at worst, win by the barest amount they need to.

Shapiro is a bit short of that, but polls of this race give him more room to fall if more voters start deciding to back Mastriano. But Mastriano doesn't appear to have had anywhere close to the advertising dominance that Ciatarelli had in New Jersey, the appeal to undecideds, or even the similar fundraising to his opponent. Shapiro is still very much favored. It just obviously won't be by the blowout margins we're seeing in polls.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 02:48:48 PM »

The real story of this poll: 39% of people in this sample report low or no confidence in the counting of PA's votes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies