A thread for random and miscellaneous musings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:21:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A thread for random and miscellaneous musings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A thread for random and miscellaneous musings  (Read 6621 times)
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« on: September 17, 2022, 12:34:44 AM »

A week ago, I was in a bank lobby, and one of the customers--clearly a retiree--was complaining about how long the line was taking, and it was clear that he intentionally did it loud enough for the harried teller to hear.

Does anyone think one of the major coming splits in society is going to be between people who work for a living and people who USED TO work for a living?  

Because any time I'm around retirees, it seems like they not only can't relate to the modern workplace, but they've also romanticized how superhuman their own exploits as workers were.  Like they do more in a typical day to earn their Social Security than the average contributor to society does to earn their wages.

EDIT:  This doesn't apply to my work life personally.  I don't have a lot of client contact, and my clients tend to be other professionals.

Seems to me like typical Boomer egotism. It'll get worse before it gets better, but they'll all be dead eventually.

Of course, probably by that time a new generation a lot like them will be on its way. You can't win.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 12:36:20 PM »

I tried to join the Nonconformist Club, but I just couldn't fit in.

Conform! Everybody's doing it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies