A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:07:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: A thread for random and miscellaneous musings  (Read 6386 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2023, 09:19:51 PM »

Flipping through Netflix crime/mystery shows, I was reminded that one of my neighbors growing up has the same full name as a famous "mysteriously vanished" person. And apart from being about 6 years older, is otherwise very similar in appearance. Even though I'd definitely never do it and it would be super unethical, I've always wondered what would happen if I just called the authorities like, "found them!" and how far it would go.
Kamala’s side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2023, 10:18:34 PM »

I wonder how much of the rise of this also could be some cultural divide. I do think every man should at least try to be a member of a predominantly female friend group, and Vice versa at some point, because it’s very revealing the different worlds we live in.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2023, 07:26:15 PM »

Sorry Canada, but your tourism board's decision to use Electric Guests' 'This Head I Hold' in its ads make me not want to visit the country. I f***ing hate that band.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2023, 09:05:08 AM »

I am trying to setup a hide and seek competition.

But good players are hard to find.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2023, 10:09:29 AM »

Does anybody remember the band Fuel? I've had "Shimmer" stuck in my head all morning -- really captures that late 90's heart-song feel. 
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2023, 04:19:03 PM »

Does anybody remember the band Fuel? I've had "Shimmer" stuck in my head all morning -- really captures that late 90's heart-song feel. 
One of those songs that would fit in the American Pie soundtrack. Late 90s teen aethetics
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2023, 05:06:23 PM »

One of those songs that would fit in the American Pie soundtrack. Late 90s teen aethetics

That Goo Goo Dolls "Slide"-type feel.  Makes me wish I was a teenager in the mid to late 90s. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2023, 06:42:22 PM »

Do users know like Old School how much a waitress makes 2.80 an HR, we want it all Filibuster proof Trifecta not 10/20/5o to net the Filibuster proof Trifecta to end urban Poverty 65 M or 3o percent of Electorate Rev Barber

RS only blocked Voting Rights on Sinema vote and she is Home in 24

There's no red wave with 3 Gas prices
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2023, 09:28:14 PM »

That Goo Goo Dolls "Slide"-type feel.  Makes me wish I was a teenager in the mid to late 90s. 
I recommend She's All That, 10 Things I Hate About You,  Bring It On.... there's probably more.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2023, 10:42:16 PM »

I recommend She's All That, 10 Things I Hate About You,  Bring It On.... there's probably more.

You just listed three of my top twenty favs.  Bring It On was actually what made me want to be a cheerleader in middle/high school. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2023, 04:53:49 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2023, 05:04:49 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

2008 prelude to 24 once the Debt Ceiling crisis is signed and crisis averted

D's are set to win VA where John Warner and NM where Pete Domenici is retiring

Mark Warner no relation has a huge lead on Jim Gillmore, in NM where Pete Domenici leaving Udall is 16 pts ahead of Pearce and in CO where Allard is retiring another Udall is leading Bob Schafer

In some races the inc R is in trouble Ted Stevens is in mist of a criminal corrupted trial is having a tough challenge from Mark Begich, in NH John Sununu is down by 5 pts to Shaheen we need a new Economic Direction, Shaheen, NC Elizabeth Dole is in a tight race with Kay Hagan, in OR Gordan Smith is being challenge by Jeff Merkley and MN Al Franken is challenging Norm Coleman, Coleman pulled his negative ads due to his cratering image

In GA Ds are aiming for payback with Sax B Chambliss with negative ads on Max Cleland, now D's are pouring resources to helping Jim Martin.

The only state RS can hope for a Pickup is LA just like Justice may force Manchin to retire

All the RS lost that yr except McConnell, Collins and Sax B following the blue wall that's the 3o3 map RS need to stop thinking Trump and Desantis are gonna win

You aren't RS gonna raise taxes on people making over 450 K in CA the reason why there is reparations is the high property taxes celebrities contribute like Lebron, Shaq and Curry pays, Millionaire pays high property taxes anyways that's why they want to cheat in Fed taxes
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2023, 05:08:40 AM »

I love animals more than I love people! It's weird but I do. I've always been more interested in protecting the environment to protect animals rather than other humans as they're innocent creatures that we affect in everyway while they have no real input into our actions.

I wanna be rich solely to benefit endangered wild animals (like the Nautilus) while not really caring about people.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2023, 07:33:56 AM »

I love animals more than I love people! It's weird but I do. I've always been more interested in protecting the environment to protect animals rather than other humans as they're innocent creatures that we affect in everyway while they have no real input into our actions.

I wanna be rich solely to benefit endangered wild animals (like the Nautilus) while not really caring about people.

Oh I know plenty of folks who don't care one bit if a human is horribly disemboweled in a movie.  But if a dog or a cat gets killed on-screen? That's just TOO far!
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2023, 08:13:20 AM »

You just listed three of my top twenty favs.  Bring It On was actually what made me want to be a cheerleader in middle/high school. 
She's All That made me want to be Freddy Prinze Jr. Never got around to it...
Snow Belt Republican
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2023, 01:01:53 PM »

Oh I know plenty of folks who don't care one bit if a human is horribly disemboweled in a movie.  But if a dog or a cat gets killed on-screen? That's just TOO far!
They're innocent sweeties we need to protect, humans meh whatever. That one movie director who killed so many kittens trying to film a stupid scene in his stupid movie is at the top of my "hate" list!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2023, 05:38:33 PM »

"Atmospheric River" would be the name of my cool jazz SiriusXM radio station (for all your late night drives through the West Coast rain).
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2023, 09:33:30 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2023, 09:50:06 PM by Miscellaneous Top Secret Crumpets »

Maybe, but in this case the most common theory is that it was a kidnapping and not a voluntary disappearance. No doubt it would fall apart quick, though.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2023, 12:52:39 PM »

As I've grown older I've grown to understand that the purpose of history isn't merely to learn from it but to realize it teaches us that people in positions of power are still people like the rest of us.  We are not inferior to them, but neither are we superior.
Kamala’s side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2023, 07:49:22 PM »

I wonder how much of the rise of this also could be some cultural divide. I do think every man should at least try to be a member of a predominantly female friend group, and Vice versa at some point, because it’s very revealing the different worlds we live in.

While I'm using this thread as a wannabe online influencer soapbox of sorts, the implication that most post-WW2 presidents are guilty of some sort of white-collar crime is interesting. (Didn't feel like this belonged in any of the existing Forum post threads either)

I just don't want to start the cycle of prosecuting former presidents for non-violent crime.   Expect every former president to be prosecuted by an ambitious blue/red state DA going forward if this sticks.

Given that most of them have (probably) committed crimes, this would be a good thing. The prosecution of white collar crime must be normalised.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2023, 09:26:33 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2023, 09:32:28 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Biden maybe right to give up on OH the Emerson polls just showed us great news in FL a way to win the S without OH and MT and WV whom are in tough races and Tester got hit with ethics complain, for us to win AZ, MO, AND FL AND OH, MT AND WV are 51 seats, if we get 350 we probably win MT not OH but OH is turning like IA.

This means donate to Gallego and KUNCE and then whomever the Ds nominate in FL don't waste time with OH

Mo and KS maybe bluer than IA and OH on the S and Gov not Prez side anyways, Sharice David's always gets reelection and she is running for Gov in 26
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2023, 05:43:33 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2023, 05:52:06 PM by °°°°uu »

I tried to join the Nonconformist Club, but I just couldn't fit in.
I don't think that I would either because I'm "like" from another galaxy or maybe another universe where people might think I am quite normal and not the least bit quirky, but then again why be normal?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2023, 06:58:37 PM »

I can't f***ing stand the Please Don't Destroy guys from 'Saturday Night Live.' Every sketch of theirs is the same and completely unfunny. I've figured out the formula and everything.
Kamala’s side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2023, 09:53:43 PM »

Another good post that might not belong in the Virginià megathread:
The fundamental problem is still the way math is taught and not the students.
I am a teacher so I have a lot of insight.

The problem is, modern education doesn't focus on basic math skills. Children are expected to master basic math skills at a young age and continue to move on to more advanced skills. But children who grew up in poverty are less likely to master basic math skills. Than they get to high school expected to do algebra and calculus, but can't do basic math.

I think we need to drastically reform education away from the classical renessiance type of education. Most people don't need algebra, but would benefit from mastering basic math skills. And learning more practical math concepts like taxes, economic data, data managment in the workplace, starting a business etc.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2023, 09:21:36 AM »

I can't f***ing stand the Please Don't Destroy guys from 'Saturday Night Live.' Every sketch of theirs is the same and completely unfunny. I've figured out the formula and everything.
sure, but compared to the rest of a typical SNL episode, it's usually the second or third best part.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2023, 03:57:46 AM »

I am always bothered by the absolutely massive amount of people who misspell "tenet" as "tenant".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies