A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:38:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A thread for random and miscellaneous musings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: A thread for random and miscellaneous musings  (Read 6814 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2023, 05:27:11 AM »
« edited: August 04, 2023, 05:51:35 AM by NUPES Enjoyer »

Why do girls have gay friends but guys don’t have lesbian friends?

My closest female friend is a lesbian, I don't know what you're talking about.

same lol

The answer though is probably "because a lot of guys aren't actually looking for friendship with girls".
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2023, 06:48:12 PM »

Why do girls have gay friends but guys don’t have lesbian friends?

This sounds like a skill issue to me.

Dandori issue.

Points for recognizing that reference.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2023, 08:53:08 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2023, 09:00:00 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Users underestimated Biden he beat you Blue avatars 4 * already that's why Ds aren't dumping Biden this is the last time we gonna have to worry about the Filibuster

2006 waves and 2018 waves we missed TN a blue wave doesn't mean we win every single race it just means blks and Latinos are the margin of difference on red not blue States

Just like we missed Barnes, Ryan and Beasleyin 2022 because of IAN pushed white women back towards Rs in red not blue states there are white women all over they are unpredictable in red States

If you go to a Walmart job you as a minority can get hired but if you go to a Dentist or a Law Firm blks are discriminated against unless you have plenty of volunteers work

You don't have to go to a 50 K Law school to get an externship you can go online and get your own externships I am doing at my Churches

Ron DeSantis is against Student loan Forgiveness and he still owe student loans for Law school the hypocrisy

I am going to be a Bankruptcy lawyer because you can take the Bar in CA and become e one in IL Federal Lawyer
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2023, 04:27:24 AM »

I think Zoran Zaev and Alexis Tsipras should have won the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for the Prespa Agreement instead of that scum war criminal Abiy Ahmed.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2023, 07:22:43 AM »

Here are my TEN TRUTHS:

1. Everyone is alone before God.
2. We are all guilty of war and death.
3. The past is an enormous place. The present is merely a narrow opening.
4. I put no stock in consensus.
5. Fanaticism is love.
6. Better to have a few that are reliable than to have a great many that are distractible and indifferent.
7. To an American, the word "Harvard" means one thing only: Decline.
8. Friendly relationships are dangerous. They lend themselves to ambiguities, misunderstandings, and conflicts, and they always end badly.
9. I will never get over my aversion to those who are just passing through.
10. The pain of liberation is unbearable

I will not create a poll, because you cannot measure love with numbers. You can only measure it in terms of intensity.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2023, 08:33:37 AM »

Is there a generational divide between people who refer to cannabis as "pot" and people who call it "weed"?
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2023, 11:55:53 AM »

My god, Nepalese people are the nicest in the world. And when a Nepalese guy smiles at you, it just makes your day (or well, at least for me). Wink
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2023, 09:53:40 AM »

Similarly, the term "biological reality" implies the existence of chemical, nuclear, psychological, conventional, and guerrilla reality.

Therefore, while I, as a trans person, may be in denial of biological reality, cisgender activists are in denial of psychological, chemical, and (hopefully soon for me) conventional reality. I haven't thought of what nuclear or guerrilla reality think of trans people yet, so don't ask.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2023, 03:05:36 PM »

If God wants there to be Leprechauns there will be Leprechauns.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2023, 06:56:45 PM »

Why has nobody made resealable cereal bags yet?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2023, 03:41:44 PM »

As a candidate for higher office (Atlas poster), I condemn in the strongest terms anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, and nationalist—religious chauvinism of any kind.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2023, 05:03:19 PM »

The original Brexit was when George V changed the name of the royal family.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2023, 03:28:04 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2023, 03:33:19 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

As I stated on a Previous thread Jim Bunning made a lot of campaign gaffes and over reliance of a Teleprompter which is scripted. Larry Craig sex sting, Palin with SNL flute and Trump with Chinese women, to go ask China when confronting COVID; a result, if an event happens out of a scripted Teleprompter event then they can't ablib. Ds are great at that because most Ds are Lawyers and Rs are former businessmen that can't act including Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ronald Reagan

They were actors Rs but they were poor at acting because they weren't Lawyers like Obama, Kennedy, Biden and Harris are

So, the musing of Jim Bunning making campaign gaffes even today Maga R party by using a Teleprompter still holds true for Maga especially Palin and Trump

If Rs change their platform of giving rich people targeting tax cuts they can win but the Rs are obsessed with blowing a giant hole in deficit by keeping Trump tax cuts and it's Xmas time they can raise taxes now and avoid losing the H but they wont
Property Representative of the Harold Holt Swimming Centre
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2023, 08:36:04 AM »

I made the 15-minute or so walk to my town centre earlier (as I often do). I went out earlier than usual due to the heavy rain forecasts. For most of my walk on the way there, I could hear the delightful sounds of the bells from the main Church (which I think has existed since at least the 13th century). Eventually, I reached a point where the sound of the bells was overtaken by the sound of Wham's Last Christmas (being played, I think, by the musical folks who hang around the centres of many major cities and towns in Britain). The bells hadn't stopped, the Wham song had simply drowned them out. It felt like I had experienced a symbolic cultural and historical transformation in a split second.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2023, 09:38:55 AM »

Why has nobody made resealable cereal bags yet?
I once found them in a country store in small-town New Mexico on a road trip. They contained like 3 or 4 pounds of cereal though.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2023, 03:12:26 PM »

how tf do geese and other waterfowl manage to stand seemingly fine on razor thin sheets of ice
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2023, 04:32:08 PM »

Cats are better than humans.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2023, 06:16:29 PM »

Stalin: pathologically paranoid and Machiavellian to the point where he and his minions invented conspiracies within the Communist Party of the Soviet Union which resulted in tons of people being executed, including most of his top military officers

Also Stalin: didn’t believe that Hitler would invade the Soviet Union right up until when it happened
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2023, 06:59:07 PM »

Stalin: pathologically paranoid and Machiavellian to the point where he and his minions invented conspiracies within the Communist Party of the Soviet Union which resulted in tons of people being executed, including most of his top military officers

Also Stalin: didn’t believe that Hitler would invade the Soviet Union right up until when it happened
God I hate to be the one to technically defend Stalin on a topic but by all accounts the reason he was so blindsided by Barbarossa was he couldn’t believe Hitler would open a second front while Britain was still in the fight
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: January 01, 2024, 08:35:36 AM »

Oswald was the lone gunman and Jack Ruby was our savior the man was sent to Alcatraz prison and was a Monster and was there at the scene of the crime on the date of the assassination but he was Labor Oswald was a Confederate soldier his cuz was Robert E Lee that's why he was denied a burial at Arlington due to JFK was there too

That MO, OH and NEB isn't in play it is McCaskill, Nelson and Brown won these states so will Kunce and Osborne and Brown AGAIN
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2024, 04:39:22 PM »

Being nostalgic for the USSR in the 21st century is definitionally reactionary.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2024, 07:26:20 PM »

Why did they change the Jardiance commercial yet use the same song?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2024, 03:09:08 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2024, 03:23:18 AM by PHARAOH BAKARI SELLERS »

I still think today of the JFK assassination and how they missed Jack Ruby as a Co conspiracy to the crime. They found a note saying Oswald and Ruby wanted to kill Connelly, they said Ruby drive the bus with the rifles on date of Assassination, Ruby was found near book depository on date of Assassination and Oswald said to Robert Oswald, when he visited him prison don't think that I am the lone shooter.  Both Ruby and Oswald were in the Italian Mafia

co conspirators mean probable cause that you assisted in murder but lack evidence but beyond a reasonable doubt you, helped in planning
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2024, 06:18:58 PM »

For most of my life, I've felt like there's been a sort of "hard break" in history of stuff before my own personal memories and stuff after. For example, as someone born in 1993, events like the fall of the Berlin Wall, Tienanmen, and the Gulf War long felt like very abstract and distant events while 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq feel like still-relevant current events.

However, as I've gotten older, I feel like this wall between past and present is getting weaker and weaker. I've especially noticed this in the last year going through all my grandma's old pictures after she passed away. I see pictures of her in the 80s looking basically the same as she did in my earliest memories of her in the 90s. And this in turn has had the unexpected effect of making me feel like things that happened before I was born were really no different than things that happened afterwards more broadly.

Another example is TV shows. Even though they aired before my time, I still think of shows like Cheers and the Cosby Show as being basically "contemporary," since I watched re-runs on TV as a kid and the world in those shows wasn't really noticeably different from the world around me. And even though I can look at more recent shows like The Office or Vampire Diaries and start to notice the things like tech and fashion that have changed in the last 15-20 years, older shows like The Jeffersons or Mary Tyler Moore now also just feel like they fit into that same category - "shows from before the present moment."

I was prompted to make this post after watching this video below. The Kennedy assassination has always been way before my time. But as of last year, the present is as far removed from my birth as my birth was from the Kennedy assassination. And looking at this particular video, I'm seeing people and realizing how much they look like people I know, just wearing different clothes. It's a strange moment of seeing people at this historic event as not being relics, but as being basically the same as people I see in news reports from 9/11 or Hurricane Katrina.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2024, 07:01:13 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2024, 04:21:09 AM by Progressive Pessimist »

Another commercial observation: in this EHarmony ad I hate, some ugly guy with a bad singing voice serenades his girlfreind/wife when she returns home from a hard day of work. I'm annoyed that they either didn't get a handsome guy who can sing, an ugly guy who can sing, or a handsome guy who can't. Instead they cast the worst of both, which I just cannot buy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies