What’s the worst state to be caught with a doobie? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:21:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What’s the worst state to be caught with a doobie? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What’s the worst state to be caught with a doobie?  (Read 752 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 20, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »

It’s a red state. Maybe Texas, Florida Mississippi, Alabama, or Oklahoma?
Definitely not Mississippi where small possession is decriminalized and just a $250 fine: https://norml.org/laws/mississippi-penalties-2/
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 01:31:27 PM »

I don't know the details, but Louisiana has a bad reputation.
Louisiana recently decriminalized possession under 14 grams though so it's not the case anymore.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 12:27:01 AM »

Looking over state laws West Virginia seems like a strong candidate: https://norml.org/laws/west-virginia-penalties-2/

It has even a required minimum jail sentence for possession of any amount of 90 days. Now granted at the state level even "mandatory" minimums aren't as such in effect, they're often sentenced as probation or a suspended sentence, but that's well beyond most states.

There's also this stupid yet kind of toothless federal law which requires states to suspend the driver's license of anyone caught with marijuana the same way it requires them to making the drinking age 21...well except that this offers an out in that the state can simply state that it's not complying without penalty and thus rendering the whole thing pointless. And thus 47 states have done so. The remaining three are Alabama, Arkansas and Florida, so those all would qualify as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies