PA-08 (GQR-Cartwright internal): Cartwright +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:53:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  PA-08 (GQR-Cartwright internal): Cartwright +6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-08 (GQR-Cartwright internal): Cartwright +6  (Read 696 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2022, 11:51:44 AM »

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000182-a70a-d10b-a1bb-ff2ed8050000

August 2-9, 500 LV

Matt Cartwright (D, inc) 52
Jim Bognet (R) 46
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 12:03:15 PM »

Obviously take an internal with a grain of salt, but this would be a better results than 2020's.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 12:59:52 PM »

If you adjust this, you likely get about Cartwright's 2020 result which would be interesting but not surprising, given that Bognet already lost the first round and as of right now - results are looking quite similar to 2020s.

I don't think he'll win by 6, however Bognet's bad internal from right before Dobbs also confirmed that this is Cartwright's race to lose.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 01:42:38 PM »

I'm rather confused at this take.

"Cartwright, a known incumbent, is ahead of Bognet, who is also known, and has been running ads for months now without any response from Bognet, but yes as soon Bognet starts running ads (when will that be?) he will 100% take the lead!"

Just seems nonsensical at this point. If anything, Cartwright has been able to boost himself and hurt Bognet for months and we're supposed to believe that's supposed to change just bc Bognet starts airing some ads?

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 02:49:49 PM »

Cartwright being both a member of the Progressive Caucus and the representative for an increasingly Republican district is low-key awesome.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 05:04:40 PM »

I'm rather confused at this take.

"Cartwright, a known incumbent, is ahead of Bognet, who is also known, and has been running ads for months now without any response from Bognet, but yes as soon Bognet starts running ads (when will that be?) he will 100% take the lead!"

Just seems nonsensical at this point. If anything, Cartwright has been able to boost himself and hurt Bognet for months and we're supposed to believe that's supposed to change just bc Bognet starts airing some ads?

I feel like every cycle there's some Election Twitter outfit that gets extremely confident in their model and defends it in the face of any evidence to the contrary. Last time it was Scrimshaw, this time it's the Split Ticket guys. I respect them and they have some good takes here and there but they shouldn't get too cocky.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 06:31:40 PM »

I'm taking this with a heaping helping of salt, but if this ends up true in November I think Cartwright might be our Fitzpatrick.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 10:30:32 PM »

An old Elections Guy post said that if Cartwright wins, Democrats keep the House. Is this indeed the bellwether seat for the evening?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 10:33:28 PM »

If Old School and MT Treasure or Politician aren't posting you know Rs are Doomed they have been posting non stop about how 22 is gonna be a 2010)14 Eday because of Biden 42 PERCENT but they have been posting in USD threads avoiding this thread on.purose the Rs are losing
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 10:36:08 PM »

I'm taking this with a heaping helping of salt, but if this ends up true in November I think Cartwright might be our Fitzpatrick.

Soul for a soul. I want to believe
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 09:49:57 AM »

An old Elections Guy post said that if Cartwright wins, Democrats keep the House. Is this indeed the bellwether seat for the evening?

I think OH-13 and CO-08 have good claims as bellwether seats, as both are open seats with solid candidates on both sides that are very close to the median seat by baseline partisanship.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 12:12:27 PM »

It is definitely a good place to watch early in the evening.

Anyway, I'm really taking this with a grain of salt. Even if this is a neutral national environment, Cartwright could be done in by trends alone. Bognet isn't a particularly great candidate, but I still give him the edge.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 12:22:56 PM »

I honestly don’t think Democrats hold on here and this is a seat where trends for them are awful, the poll is nice, but it’s still only one poll.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 12:25:09 PM »

Of note as well, Democrats narrowly outvoted Republicans in the primary, despite GOP side being competitive and Dem side not.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 12:57:21 PM »

Folks outside the district truly do not understand the level of name recognition the man has.  I grew up just north of his district, but in the same media market, and for a decade before he ran for Congress, he was part of the family of attorneys at Munley, Munley, and Cartwright, who advertised INCESSANTLY on the airwaves.  I could still quote you their commercials line by line almost 20 years later.

I would not be shocked at all to see Matt return to Congress.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 07:49:09 PM »

Trump did only win by 4 points here, even if Biden got a hometown bounce this isn't the same kind of district as those blue dog districts from 2010 and 2014. Cartwright isn't DOA but he does need a decent environment too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies