Louisiana woman forced to give birth to baby with no head
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:33:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Louisiana woman forced to give birth to baby with no head
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Louisiana woman forced to give birth to baby with no head  (Read 2857 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2022, 11:41:49 PM »

In our modern world, we have the technology to see things like this early, and help women to dramatically decrease the emotional/mental trauma from continuing to carry such a child.
But then disgusting Republicans enter and we have this.
Idiots.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2022, 11:51:33 PM »

To be fair, if we aborted all brainless fetuses, where would the GOP voters of tomorrow come from?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2022, 11:56:40 PM »

Google Images is your friend (GRAPHIC).

Honestly, all of these women forced to carry abominations to term should make sure photographic and video evidence of the results are posted as far and as wide as possible. It's easy enough for people to scoff at or otherwise believe this kind of stuff is acceptable when they never have to look at it.

TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2022, 12:18:33 AM »

Republicans want this. If given the opportunity, they'll vote for this again.

The law that created this was signed by a Democrat lmao
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2022, 12:19:36 AM »

Republicans want this. If given the opportunity, they'll vote for this again.

The law that created this was signed by a Democrat lmao

A blue Dog Democrat, who's pro life.

A rarity.

Yoda
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2022, 02:36:10 AM »

Her parents are responsible for that child as well under Louisiana Law, at least until she is fully dead.

A human life has been saved.  Glory to God!

You might wanna read that again, champ

so let me get this straight, she's not mature enough to consider an abortion, but she is mature enough to be forced to raise a child? WTF?

Her parents are responsible for that child as well under Florida Law, at least until she is 18.

Sooo.....you're pointing out your own plagiarism of Fuzzy from earlier in the same day? Trying to let me know I should block you both? What?
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2022, 02:40:14 AM »

Her parents are responsible for that child as well under Louisiana Law, at least until she is fully dead.

so let me get this straight, she's not mature enough to consider an abortion, but she is mature enough to be forced to raise a child? WTF?

Her parents are responsible for that child as well under Florida Law, at least until she is 18.

Sooo.....you're pointing out your own plagiarism of Fuzzy from earlier in the same day? Trying to let me know I should block you both? What?

You clearly have not taken after the wisdom of your namesake.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2022, 03:28:56 AM »

I was going to posit that it was a sock account but the mere thought of that even being true felt so depressingly pathetic I figured it couldn't be that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2022, 09:48:16 AM »

Her baby suffers from acrania—an untreatable, fatal condition—but Louisiana's abortion ban only allows exceptions if the mother's life is in danger.

Not true.  Gov. Edwards signed Senate Bull 342 in June.

Today, Gov. John Bel Edwards announced that he has signed Senate Bill 342 by Sen. Katrina Jackson, which is relative to the application of Louisiana’s abortion statutes.  While this legislation is similar to that passed in 2006, which is effective upon Roe V. Wade being overturned, Senate Bill 342 would expand the exceptions contained in the 2006 legislation to include instances of medical futility and ectopic pregnancies. Further, this bill will confirm what is unclear in the 2006 legislation, which is that emergency contraception is available under Senate Bill 342 for victims of rape and incest prior to when a pregnancy can be clinically diagnosed. 
https://gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/3727

Here's the text on the medical futility exception:
(vi) The removal of an unborn child who is deemed to be medically futile. The diagnosis shall be a medical judgment certified by two qualified physicians and recorded in the woman's medical record. The medical procedure shall be performed in a licensed ambulatory surgical center or hospital. Upon the completion of the procedure, the physician shall submit an individual abortion report consistent with R.S. 40:1061.21 that includes appropriate evidence of the certified diagnosis.
https://legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?i=242567
https://legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1289698

For some reason the hospital thinks this doesn't apply in this case, I'd be interested to know why.   I expect the Louisiana Dept of Health will attempt a clarification on the applicability of the law to this condition.

From the article: "Earlier this month, the Louisiana Department of Health released a list of medical conditions that would make a pregnancy “medically futile” and clear the way for a pregnant person to get an abortion. At the time, medical professionals criticized the list as incomplete."

Right, they also said the list was not exhaustive. The judgement from two physicians applies in cases where there is a condition not listed.

And you don't think the vagueness of the law is going to make doctors and hospitals just "err on the side of caution" and refuse to do the abortion? Why would a hospital or doctor make themselves the target of the Right-Wing Legal Industrial Complex that would descend like a flight of valkyries at the mere possibility of an illegal abortion?

Clearly some doctors and hospitals are erring on the side of caution to what appears to be a very large degree, but in all these articles we never get any statement from them or their lawyers explaining their decision and what part of the law they feel constrains them.  Seems like that would be pretty important to know, though  I suppose maybe HIPAA gets in the way of that.

Hey, just potentially possibly violate the law and all you have to worry about is whether or not your local politically elected da is going to indict you and cost you a year of your life and tens of thousands of dollars in legal bills and unspeakable levels of stress as to whether or not you're going to see your family again! Oh, and if 12 jurors agree with that elected da you go away for years."

Why on Earth would doctors have anything to fear from Anti-abortion fanatics Fanatics Fanatics like yourselves and the idiot laws they produce?

A life has been saved! Shua gives Grace to God in the highest!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2022, 09:52:59 AM »

You are habitually a contrarian of the highest order incapable of making a valid point due to blinding obscutionarianism.

This post is your apotheosis.

" don't worry ma'am, the child you are being forced to give birth to is only partially headless! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy"

Stop posting until you're able to be markedly less silly and unserious.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2022, 10:09:44 AM »

I was going to posit that it was a sock account but the mere thought of that even being true felt so depressingly pathetic I figured it couldn't be that.

Cal was very clearly intending to satirize Fuzzy.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2022, 11:44:45 AM »

Seems very likely that she'll leave the state and take care of what need to be done, right? The title makes it seem like a fait accompli.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2022, 11:57:21 AM »

Right, they also said the list was not exhaustive. The judgement from two physicians applies in cases where there is a condition not listed.

But what are the risks to the two doctors and their employer if they make a judgment call and later the state decides they were wrong? That has a chilling effect.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2022, 12:15:19 PM »

You are habitually a contrarian of the highest order incapable of making a valid point due to blinding obscutionarianism.

This post is your apotheosis.

" don't worry ma'am, the child you are being forced to give birth to is only partially headless! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy"

Stop posting until you're able to be markedly less silly and unserious.

He was literally just answering the question about how the baby is still alive. Stop assuming bad faith from anyone with different political views than you.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2022, 12:20:03 PM »

I do think that the chilling effect of potential liability may be the biggest ticking time bomb waiting to go off as a result of these rulings and laws, though. The fear of accidentally causing the death of a fetus by treating a woman is going to kill people.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2022, 12:20:32 PM »

Seems very likely that she'll leave the state and take care of what need to be done, right? The title makes it seem like a fait accompli.

"Why doesn't every woman who can't get an abortion just pull $2,000 and three PTO days out of their ass to fly to Maryland for an uncontroversial medical procedure which is being blocked by idiot Republicans?Huh??"
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2022, 12:45:08 PM »

"Why doesn't every woman who can't get an abortion just pull $2,000 and three PTO days out of their ass to fly to Maryland for an uncontroversial medical procedure which is being blocked by idiot Republicans?Huh??"

Seems like a worthwhile cause abortion-rights supporters should fund instead of pumping millions into the campaigns of MTG's doomed opponent.

Yes, there's the risk of the red states interfering with travel - but honestly, that's a fight that needs to be had if they're planning it, and it's either one that the pro-choice forces will win, or we've already lost the country.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2022, 01:21:38 PM »

This is just pure evil.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2022, 02:06:41 PM »

People with terminal illnesses have a right to not be murdered just as any other person.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2022, 03:13:29 PM »

People with terminal illnesses have a right to not be murdered just as any other person.

You're an absolute ghoul if you want it to be born only to suffer for a short long while before dying anyway.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2022, 03:23:02 PM »

You're an absolute ghoul if you want it to be born only to suffer for a short long while before dying anyway.

I really don’t want that to happen, but I do view it as the lesser evil than killing it outright.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2022, 07:57:29 PM »

how can conservatives say they r opposed to the big govt tyranny when they literally want the govt making everybodys medical decisions 4 them
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2022, 08:27:53 PM »

Could Conservatives please explain why the life of the mother is less important than a deformed fetus with no chance of survival that will die within hours?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2022, 08:39:52 PM »

Could Conservatives please explain why the life of the mother is less important than a deformed fetus with no chance of survival that will die within hours?

God's will or some s*** like that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2022, 08:44:50 PM »

Could you explain where it is you got the idea that anyone has this position?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies