Who was more intelligent: JFK or LBJ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:13:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who was more intelligent: JFK or LBJ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who was more intelligent: JFK or LBJ?  (Read 320 times)
MiddleRoad
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2022, 09:40:37 AM »

I don’t mean policies, just in terms of raw intelligence?
LBJer
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:46:59 AM »

I don’t mean policies, just in terms of raw intelligence?

LBJ, hands down. 
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 11:48:12 AM »

Not a fan of LBJ, but probably LBJ. But I would vote for JFK and I prefer JFK and I also think he would be a better president if he wasn't shot.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 01:34:37 PM »

Difficult to measure, because they had very different backgrounds. Jack Kennedy was definitely more an "academic" person than Johnson. However, he was pretty intelligent as well.

Nixon definitely was as well, although he was plagued by paranoia, which led to his downfall.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 01:40:17 PM »

Intelligence is pretty much impossible to measure quantitatively (no lol, IQ doesn't even come close). At best, it's the sort of thing where "you know it when you see it", but even then probably only when you're fairly familiar with someone or when they do something that really stands out from the norm one way or the other. With regard to JFK and LBJ, it's pretty clear that both were remarkably talented individuals in some respects and quite lacking in others. I have no idea who "comes out on top overall" and I'm not sure that's even a meaningful question to ask, though.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 01:40:32 PM »

In all fairness, a dumb person which is already hard to measure or define would not be elected president of the United States, which is arguably the most important job in the world. The process to get there already requires you to be an "intellectual" human being, even if defining it is a hard thing to do, and even if that doesn't mean you are the one who is always going to be right. It doesn't work like that. The smartest person in the world can still be wrong, and even the smartest person in the world relies on other people to get things done, to get his research or to even benefit from research that has been done by other people in the past. A collective is always smarter than one person, which is why democracies tend to work better than dictatorships centered around one tyran or cult person. Cooperation will eventually lead you much further than doing things solely on your own.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 04:29:40 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2022, 04:32:48 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Obviously, JFK he was a lawyer but LBJ was able to dominate Congress we don't know what would of happened if JFK would have lived

I am in Law school it is difficult to become a lawyer, it's difficult to get in let alone graduate alot of people got rejected for law school I was one of the few that was rejected but got in, my College teachers told me this you will be rejected many times before you get into law school it's not easy to get onto, I had to rewrite essays and have recommendations
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 06:15:15 PM »

This is a stupid question.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 07:48:19 PM »

JFK was more book smart, LBJ more street smart.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 07:50:41 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2022, 08:42:13 PM by YE »

In all fairness, a dumb person which is already hard to measure or define would not be elected president of the United States, which is arguably the most important job in the world. The process to get there already requires you to be an "intellectual" human being, even if defining it is a hard thing to do, and even if that doesn't mean you are the one who is always going to be right. It doesn't work like that. The smartest person in the world can still be wrong, and even the smartest person in the world relies on other people to get things done, to get his research or to even benefit from research that has been done by other people in the past. A collective is always smarter than one person, which is why democracies tend to work better than dictatorships centered around one tyran or cult person. Cooperation will eventually lead you much further than doing things solely on your own.

Donald Trump, a complete r*****, was elected president so I have to reject this entire argument.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies