Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:10:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?"  (Read 2599 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: August 15, 2022, 06:57:08 PM »

Must be nice having to work alongside this guy:

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 07:14:35 PM »

I understood the satire inherent in the joke, but the delivery and phrasing made it fall flat.

It was funny enough for the audience.  Hearing their laughs at his little routine just cemented for me that this new brand of Trump-era conservative contains some of the most appalling people you'd ever have the misfortune to meet.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 09:45:47 PM »

Honestly... who cares? It's so weird to me when people make up hypotheticals just for the sake of getting angry about them. No Democrat is likely to say this about a Republican, so why bother entertaining the idea?

That's also kind of the point, no?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 10:00:36 PM »

Honestly... who cares? It's so weird to me when people make up hypotheticals just for the sake of getting angry about them. No Democrat is likely to say this about a Republican, so why bother entertaining the idea?

That's also kind of the point, no?

If you want to split hairs, no not really, they're two separate points. If he said "no Democrat would make a joke about Liz Cheney having a penis" I wouldn't have disagreed. Harry's post read more like "wah look at how my side is subject to different standards" which, like, yes dude we're all aware because we lived through the Trump administration. I don't think one really needs to conjure up self-deflating hypotheticals to explain why this kind of joke is dumb.

Ok, so your point as I understand it is essentially "yes we already know Republicans are loathsome, crude, hypocritical, and subject to their own set of standards that they never hold others to, but it's boring to keep pointing it out."  I would disagree.  If we don't keep pointing it out and reminding ourselves of this fact, we will all soon become accustomed to it, and eventually tolerant of it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 11:36:36 AM »

Now the Liz Warrens of the World have brought some of this on themselves, but it's not somewhere a serious pol should go.

Ted Cruz would be better served, and would better serve America, by articulating the real reason to oppose much of the "trans" agenda.

I suppose this is the closest we'll get to Fuzzy Bear denouncing this disgusting 'joke' told by a member of his own political tribe.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 12:01:24 AM »

Where the fk is this thread going next, I wonder
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies