Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:13:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Ted Cruz at NV campaign rally: "How do we know Liz Warren doesn't have a penis?"  (Read 2594 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2022, 08:28:19 AM »
« edited: August 17, 2022, 09:04:38 AM by Torie »

Dear Fuzzy and friends,

Everyone who files a tax return knows the IRS has the right to ask for documentation to back up your numbers. The IRS has algorithms that they use to assess the likelihood that a taxpayer is fiddling with the books. You don't have to be a Fat Cat, however that is defined to be a tax cheat, or file an in inaccurate tax return out of ignorance. It is rare that criminal charges are filed unless the amount the government is cheated out of is in the Fat Cat range. 20 years ago I was told you needed to cheat north of 300K to be vulnerable to criminal charges. It might be close to a million now.

When I was about 35 years old I was called in for an audit. I had a lot of real estate deductions. I did the tax return by hand and it was not signed by an accountant. The computer algorithm did not like me, and generated a letter inviting me for the visit. At the end of it all, I wrote a check to the IRS for about $50.00 and that was that.

Tax cheats are literally stealing from the rest of us. Without reasonable IRS enforcement, being honest and paying up, no matter how unpleasant, and how much it crimps your plans to spend a week at a beach resort or whatever, makes one feel like a fool. It undermines the whole system. And with Covid, and the collapse of the service economy, and massive employment disruptions, the tax cheating has gone way up, as well as the cheating to get federal subsidies. https://thehill.com/policy/finance/599371-irs-probe-finds-nearly-2-billion-in-covid-19-related-stimulus-fraud/

It's long past time to rein it all in. Hiding behind so called "Fat Cats" just won't hunt.  Thanks for listening.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2022, 08:52:52 AM »

Dear Fuzzy and friends,

Everyone who files a tax return knows the IRS has the right to ask for documentation to back up your numbers. The IRS has algorithms that they use to assess the likelihood that a taxpayer is fiddling with the books. You don't have to be a Fat Cat, however that is defined to be a tax cheat, or file an in inaccurate tax return out of ignorance. It is rare that criminal charges are filed unless the amount the government is cheated out of is in the Fat Cat range. 20 years ago I was told you needed to cheat north of 300K to be vulnerable to criminal charges. It might be close to a million now.

When I was about 35 years old I was called in for an audit. I had a lot of real estate deductions. I did the tax return by hand and it was not signed by an accountant. The computer algorithm did not like me, and generated a letter inviting me for the visit. At the end of it all, I wrote a check to the IRS for about $50.00 and that was that.

Tax cheats are literally stealing from the rest of us. Without reasonable IRS enforcement, being honest and paying up, no matter how unpleasant, and how much it crimps your plans to spend a week at a beach resort or whatever, makes one feel like a fool. It undermines the whole system. And with Covid, and the collapse of the service economy, and massive employment disruptions, the tax cheating has gone way up, and well as the cheating to get federal subsidies. https://thehill.com/policy/finance/599371-irs-probe-finds-nearly-2-billion-in-covid-19-related-stimulus-fraud/

It's long past time to reign it all in. Hiding behind so called "Fat Cats" just won't hunt.  Thanks for listening.

Just underwrite looking at business returns. We can offer you $X is usually responded to by "but I make $X" to which the response is "and that's not what you told the government you made, so you get the smaller amount".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2022, 09:40:58 AM »

Do we need to unleash the blood hounds to sniff out Pubs who are not wanna be tax cheats? God forgive them, they know not what they do. Sad I don't really believe that. Tax cheats are are akin to a toxic waste dump.

The Tax Police will not be going after the "Fat Cats".  They'll be going after small businesses who can't afford tons of lawyers and accountants to defend them for following their accountant's advice.  They will go after people that can only minimally fight back.  Not surprisingly, this group (the small business owner) are the MOST reliably Republican group, so Biden knows full well who he's going after.
right?

B*******. Unless you conflate ones definition of a so-called small business owner as to one of these people who have a factory with 400 employees or a string of car dealerships earning them close to a million a year. These people are the Gentry of their small towns and yet doggedly refer to themselves as small business owners.

Once again you demonstrate your years of being a Democrat but supposedly the party leaving you is nothing more than you having grown obsequious to your new political base. Fuzzy bear Democrat in the 1970s would have and should have supported this measure with gusto, as well as in 2022.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2022, 01:27:38 PM »

...  Conducting audits without reasonable suspicion is, and I expect the Biden Administration to do just that. 

What does this even mean?
"Reasonable suspicion"? When something does not look right, or when a large amount of certain deductions are taken, an IRS audit is called for, to produce further evidence to back what your taxes state.

And what does the Biden Administration have to do with the IRS conducting audits. Audits are conducted regardless of who is in the White House.
Honestly Fuzzy, you are talking out of your _____, and you sound naïve to the topic at hand.

... A tax audit is a form of a search and seizure when a criminal investigation is involved. 

It absolutely is not. It has nothing to do with "a criminal investigation."
This is complete hogwash. Again, you know nothing about the topic at hand.

I would imagine that some severe (big) cases could go to a prosecutor, but in most cases the IRS re-computes what your taxes should be, assesses penalties and interest, and issues you a new bill for any amount still due (for most small businesses having an audit, I'm certain this would be the path the IRS would take).
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2022, 01:30:55 PM »

Anyway; we've gotten off track.

The moral of this story is Ted Cruz is a total son of a gun.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2022, 02:12:51 PM »

What kind of guy would say something like this in public, of a fellow politician? Look at him and listen to what he says. Are people like this fit to govern? Guy's a prick.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2022, 02:21:39 PM »

These people think and talk about trans people more than actual trans people do.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2022, 02:52:37 PM »

What kind of guy would say something like this in public, of a fellow politician? Look at him and listen to what he says. Are people like this fit to govern? Guy's a prick.

Republican voters actively seek out pricks to vote for who are going to "own the libs". It's not a fault, it's an asset in the GOP.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2022, 03:28:19 PM »

It is incredibly embarrassing that Republicans find this sort of thing to be the apex of humor.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2022, 01:54:22 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2022, 02:01:31 PM by Christian Man »

Hard to believe this is the guy the Christian Right rallied around 6 years ago
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2022, 02:01:44 PM »

Is it even relevant?

The psychological difference between the genders is between testosterone and estrogen. I had the perfect example: our family had two golden cocker spaniels, both neutered. One was male and the other was female, and they were very different. The male was much more aggressive and the female was much more cautious.

At this point we need ask ourselves whether aggression is such a great thing in top leadership.  Recklessness is a real danger in a time of nuclear warheads, If I had to choose between Margaret Thatcher and Donald Trump having command over nuclear warheads, then I would pick Thatcher. 
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2022, 02:28:21 PM »

Is it even relevant?

The psychological difference between the genders is between testosterone and estrogen.
humans are more complicated than just a bunch of chemicals or hormones
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2022, 02:32:44 PM »

Hard to believe this is the guy the Christian Right rallied around 6 years ago

The American Christian Right for long seemed to be more right than Christian. At least many of those out in the public sphere, maybe not someone like you or just devoted Christians somewhat to the right of the political center. It seems to me that some on the far-right just use faith as mantle for their bigotry.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2022, 02:57:28 PM »

I don't take Ted Cruz or his party seriously anymore. They have offered too much evidence of their low expectations of themselves, and so I'm going to agree with them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies